DarkFoxing

Apr 13, 2020
reading 2 pages, I understood that the story is similar to "waifu academy", I can only hope that when the update comes out, it will not be 5 hours in size. It's a pity that only grandchildren will usually see the finale of such games (

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
reading 2 pages, I understood that the story is similar to "waifu academy", I can only hope that when the update comes out, it will not be 5 hours in size. It's a pity that only grandchildren will usually see the finale of such games (
The prologue is 8+ Hours playing normally. Chapter 1 is way bigger!

I don't know the story of waifu academy to confirm that they are similar or not

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Ummm ... I could find minor similarities between them. Like there being people interacting with each other, and pictures and text on the screen. But apart from that they seem as unlike each other as possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Kantanshi

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017

Ummm ... I could find minor similarities between them. Like there being people interacting with each other, and pictures and text on the screen. But apart from that they seem as unlike each other as possible.
I'm assuming they meant the "story of the game's development" in that they both go a while between updates, rather than the game's plot itself.
I haven't played it myself but I recall hearing that Waifu Academy had no updates for quite a long time and then when it finally came out a lot of people were disappointed with it.

Reactions: Cartageno

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
I'm assuming they meant the "story of the game's development" in that they both go a while between updates, rather than the game's plot itself.
I haven't played it myself but I recall hearing that Waifu Academy had no updates for quite a long time and then when it finally came out a lot of people were disappointed with it.
Waifu Academy is a scam, nothing else. 1 hour Update after 8 months of "development".

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
It's far from Waifu Academy, at least we got sneak peak and if Chapter one is bigger then the prologue, it'll be worth the wait. Of course there's similarities in the developping. Mainly the waiting between update but....BUT the main difference is that Komisari post here ( and on discord) that he's active and not just slacking and searching excuses like : oh i can't finish because this or that. I'm leaning more on believing Komisari because it'll be a big update ( it's a mistake to do it, but that not the point here) and i'm confident that when i'll drop, it'll shut the mouth of the haters.

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
WA and HG are both games that had fantastic beginnings which put enormous pressure on their respective developers to deliver similar high-quality content in a "reasonable" amount of time. The Patreon model of artist support is imperfect. As a fellow creative professional, I have projects where I bill by the hour on Upwork. Some hours are literally just a screen capture of the same stupid wall of text with like two changes. The reason for this? During those hours I was fucking thinking.

Do I bill for thinking? Yeah, I do. Do my clients like it? Nope. Not until the end. When the final product arrives there is an understanding that has developed that my progress was never going to be steady and predictable like a data-entry product. It's just not how the creative process works. In the end, it is my responsibility to ensure that my work is satisfactory and done within a reasonable time frame. Otherwise, I will not be rehired and my reputation will suffer.

I can empathize with the creators of both games. I have been there. Sometimes a one-hour stretch contains more work than two days. What this forum is doing, and Patreon also it seems, is staring at the screen capture of the wall of text.

I feel for you @Kamisari, but it might be a wise decision, for the sake of your own reputation (which is worth more than this or any single game will bring in), to pause donations. It's a big decision. But sometimes I stop billing for the blank screenshot because I realize I have billed for too much thinking. I have set the bar too high for my own comfort level. No amount of money is worth my peace of mind. And no amount of money is worth my future earning potential (loss of reputation for reliability).

That is a suggestion that, at this point, hard as it is to swallow, you might want to accept. Live and learn. Unpause the contributions after you publish an update. And then in the future, knowing you can do this, provides additional peace of mind as a pressure release valve.

Just one guy's thoughts. Best of luck man.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
WA and HG are both games that had fantastic beginnings which put enormous pressure on their respective developers to deliver similar high-quality content in a "reasonable" amount of time. The Patreon model of artist support is imperfect. As a fellow creative professional, I have projects where I bill by the hour on Upwork. Some hours are literally just a screen capture of the same stupid wall of text with like two changes. The reason for this? During those hours I was fucking thinking.

Do I bill for thinking? Yeah, I do. Do my clients like it? Nope. Not until the end. When the final product arrives there is an understanding that has developed that my progress was never going to be steady and predictable like a data-entry product. It's just not how the creative process works. In the end, it is my responsibility to ensure that my work is satisfactory and done within a reasonable time frame. Otherwise, I will not be rehired and my reputation will suffer.

I can empathize with the creators of both games. I have been there. Sometimes a one-hour stretch contains more work than two days. What this forum is doing, and Patreon also it seems, is staring at the screen capture of the wall of text.

I feel for you @Kamisari, but it might be a wise decision, for the sake of your own reputation (which is worth more than this or any single game will bring in), to pause donations. It's a big decision. But sometimes I stop billing for the blank screenshot because I realize I have billed for too much thinking. I have set the bar too high for my own comfort level. No amount of money is worth my peace of mind. And no amount of money is worth my future earning potential (loss of reputation for reliability).

That is a suggestion that, at this point, hard as it is to swallow, you might want to accept. Live and learn. Unpause the contributions after you publish an update. And then in the future, knowing you can do this, provides additional peace of mind as a pressure release valve.

Just one guy's thoughts. Best of luck man.
This "getting paid for thinking" actually is happening in a lot of jobs, not only the creative artistic ones. (Of course in the end any job that requires actual thinking is creative in its own way) If you watch my daily routine you might think I'm slacking off and doing nothing half of the time. Fortunately my bosses think otherwise, like your clients in the end. ;)

And yeah, quite a few people seem to go by the numbers. Here more than in other fields though - I never read about a director being better because his movie is 10 minutes longer, a musician being better because their album has one song more and it was less time since the last release. But make 50 renders more per month and you're a model creator.

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
This "getting paid for thinking" actually is happening in a lot of jobs, not only the creative artistic ones. (Of course in the end any job that requires actual thinking is creative in its own way) If you watch my daily routine you might think I'm slacking off and doing nothing half of the time. Fortunately my bosses think otherwise, like your clients in the end. ;)

And yeah, quite a few people seem to go by the numbers. Here more than in other fields though - I never read about a director being better because his movie is 10 minutes longer, a musician being better because their album has one song more and it was less time since the last release. But make 50 renders more per month and you're a model creator.

Have you ever paused your billing process to take pressure off yourself when you're at a creative block? I have. And let me tell you, I wish someone would have told me long ago that doing that was an option, lol. God, it is such an enormous relief. I'm being completely sincere by the way. Nobody is harder on me than I am. Sometimes I have to get myself off of my back! Stop that micromanaging bastard from looking over my shoulder and pointing at his watch.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Have you ever paused your billing process to take pressure off yourself when you're at a creative block? I have. And let me tell you, I wish someone would have told me long ago that doing that was an option, lol. God, it is such an enormous relief. I'm being completely sincere by the way. Nobody is harder on me than I am. Sometimes I have to get myself off of my back! Stop that micromanaging bastard from looking over my shoulder and pointing at his watch.
Actually, I am employed, so there's no "taking time off" in that way. But rest assured that I get my fair share of vacation and I get back every hour of extra work. And yes, taking breaks as a self employed person (which I was before), staying within your limits - it is very important. People always talk about "working hard" and consider 60h weeks a normal price to pay for success when indeed you're way less efficient and also just tax your body and mind. People pay more if you do better work, and while of course you'll probably still earn more when working 50% more, at a certain point it just ain't worth it.

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
Actually, I am employed, so there's no "taking time off" in that way. But rest assured that I get my fair share of vacation and I get back every hour of extra work. And yes, taking breaks as a self employed person (which I was before), staying within your limits - it is very important. People always talk about "working hard" and consider 60h weeks a normal price to pay for success when indeed you're way less efficient and also just tax your body and mind. People pay more if you do better work, and while of course you'll probably still earn more when working 50% more, at a certain point it just ain't worth it.

You misunderstand me. I am talking about turning the clock off for a bit while working. It's only something that applies if you're working as an independent contractor. But when you've spent a big chunk of time billing without making progress, the pressure starts to build. Sometimes, pausing the hours meter (or the Patreon donations in this case), and just working at a more leisurely pace for a few days until some progress is made, can be a boon for your peace of mind. It just lets you work without feeling guilty or pressured during the times when progress comes slowly. Once you feel like you've paused the billing or donations for long enough to no longer feel guilty or pressured, you can start the meter back up.

Sometimes the additional income isn't worth your peace of mind. Not sure if that's something you've done. But every once in a while, when a project is stalling, and I'm feeling up against a wall, it's nice to "work for free" for a bit. It's purely for my own sanity.

Oppai_King

Jan 26, 2018
soo do we have a compressed version of this? 10 gb is a lot and mega wont even let me download and the others are 8 hour downloads ;/

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
is this game still in development? I am asking because I haven't seen or don't think i've seen an update for some time, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. It's been so long I think I forgot what it's about (I play so many avn's I usually end up forgetting a lot of them...then half way through playing an avn, suddenly lots of updates come out and i end up in a vicious cycle of downloading updates that never get played because I am so far behind).

22ndgentlemen

Apr 11, 2022
is this game still in development? I am asking because I haven't seen or don't think i've seen an update for some time, sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. It's been so long I think I forgot what it's about (I play so many avn's I usually end up forgetting a lot of them...then half way through playing an avn, suddenly lots of updates come out and i end up in a vicious cycle of downloading updates that never get played because I am so far behind).
In short, yes it is still being worked on according to the dev. However, it has been long enough since the last game update to this site that the abandoned tag was triggered from what I gather. Unfortunately, this has led to a... division... of the comments section here which I will not elaborate on further on whether the game is truly abandoned or not.

Time will tell. I am silently optimistic for an update, but I have plenty of other games to spend time on in the meantime.

Last edited:

asdeeg

May 6, 2018
I'm expecting the "guys, my hard drive died and I lost 90% of the next update, this is so sad and unpredictable" post any day now.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I'm expecting the "guys, my hard drive died and I lost 90% of the next update, this is so sad and unpredictable" post any day now.
1. I'm not sick.
2. I have HHG synced with the cloud in real-time.
3. I don't have any kind of problems like anxiety or depression or anything that wouldn't let me make the game, only typical human nerves.

If I say otherwise, I'm lying.

PD: I have not only HHG synced, but also all my mods, my koikatsu cards, my assets, my photoshop files... Everything.
1656492504356.png

Dec 3, 2021
how about not responding at all honestly. not like it'll do much. just drop the update once you are done, this going back and forth does nothing but cause emotional damage.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: heyarnold
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes