Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komi , are you still using Renpy7.3.5? This version of Android Rapt doesn't seem to work anymore, as some of the dependent files it needed to download no longer exist (dl.bintray.com is no longer in service).
Once you delete existing files, you may no longer be able to make APK using 7.3.5
Hello!
I updated recently to the newest version 7.5.0 (With python 2). I had like 5 days of fully fixing incompatible stuff, but old saves work perfectly fine, so, android version should be okay.

I tried to update to Renpy 8.0, which has Python 3. That would be useful as hell to make interesting stuff. I successfully ran the game and everything worked well, but v0.1.2 saves were COMPLETELY incompatible. I promised that saves would work, so Imma just stick with Renpy 7.5.0 for a while, I guess.

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
I have played this game a long time ago and I have played it again but I recently realized that there is an incest patch, this is the original idea?, that is, it was changed by patreon?
by the way this game has a signature to place on the profile?

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Hello!
I updated recently to the newest version 7.5.0 (With python 2). I had like 5 days of fully fixing incompatible stuff, but old saves work perfectly fine, so, android version should be okay.

I tried to update to Renpy 8.0, which has Python 3. That would be useful as hell to make interesting stuff. I successfully ran the game and everything worked well, but v0.1.2 saves were COMPLETELY incompatible. I promised that saves would work, so Imma just stick with Renpy 7.5.0 for a while, I guess.
To be honest now might be the best time to switch to Renpy 8.0. Since most people that have old saves played the game a while ago so most of us would be starting a new game anyway as we forgot a good amount of the story details by now... would suck more if you change later and the old saves become incompatible then I think. Just my thoughts... could make a poll or something for this. I think most people wouldn't mind if old saves don't work.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
To be honest now might be the best time to switch to Renpy 8.0. Since most people that have old saves played the game a while ago so most of us would be starting a new game anyway as we forgot a good amount of the story details by now... would suck more if you change later and the old saves become incompatible then I think. Just my thoughts... could make a poll or something for this. I think most people wouldn't mind if old saves don't work.
new renpy or not...I'll probably still start over for the same reason you just mentioned. But if hes gonna make the switch...now would be better than later. His updates are huge and have several hours of game play...imagine making the switch 2-3 updates in the future, thats when starting over would really hurt lol.

Reactions: Tuatha Dé

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
new renpy or not...I'll probably still start over for the same reason you just mentioned. But if hes gonna make the switch...now would be better than later. His updates are huge and have several hours of game play...imagine making the switch 2-3 updates in the future, thats when starting over would really hurt lol.
Mmmm... Might make a poll after announcing the date of the update. I thought the same, but I was scared of people complaining about the compatibility because there are like 5 people per day asking if the saves will be compatible, and I always say yes, 100% sure.

I SHOULD definitely do it now that there is a really, really big update and most people forgot about the story, so they are going to restart again.
We'll see. I will definitely make a pool.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
In all honesty, you could include an optional save file for the new Renpy version with the prologue completed. Then players could choose to use it or just play from the beginning (which is what I'll be doing).

Reactions: Daiju Fuma

franklin99

Jun 16, 2019
Mmmm... Might make a poll after announcing the date of the update. I thought the same, but I was scared of people complaining about the compatibility because there are like 5 people per day asking if the saves will be compatible, and I always say yes, 100% sure.

I SHOULD definitely do it now that there is a really, really big update and most people forgot about the story, so they are going to restart again.
We'll see. I will definitely make a pool.
Other games I've played have the option to start from the new update. Could you try that?

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Other games I've played have the option to start from the new update. Could you try that?
HHG has a lot of variables that change from save to save. Some have determined perks unlocked, items, cards designs, etc... I don't know if making a save game is good.

Reactions: Blahbs

vixifairy

Feb 21, 2018
just say for future new, fun stuff, saves had to be axed. or add something in the early game people dont want to miss to justify people starting over. i dunno. im in the camp of, if the future holds great things if you upgrade, then upgrade. i would love to see great things vs what could have been. ya know?

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I'll join the pool of people saying "switch versions now".
And yes, offering a "skip the entire prologue, you mad creature" button might also be a good option.
If there's anything where decisions actually matter, those can be asked, but I think the only real difference is how much money the player found? Skipping the prologue could just offer the bare minimum.
Actually, nvm, just having a new, hopefully futureproof version will help. It's probably the last chance to do it without significant fallout.

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
Personally I'm not fond of starting anew, I still remember the game enough to not wanting to go through it again.

Although if it's necessary for the future of the game then fine I guess, I'll just skip my way through, skip is pretty fast in this game after all, if I remember correctly. ( Although I'd still have to farm all the perks again and all, I don't wanna fish for hours again o_O )
Though I like the idea of putting a prologue skip to directly start the new content. Would probably be the best of both world, if possible.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
See Yellow go panic mode, not another gem going down. :HideThePain:
Look at comment see dev active :coffee:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I don't recall there being anything like branches to the story though, so a button to skip the prologue would probably be easy enough to do.
The "branches" would be the money, items, perks, and cards they got. Plus what optional lewd scenes do they unlock, if they unlocked Delilah. Also, I'm secretly counting how much fish you catch or how much you forage and etc for future achievement stuff. Items bought, total experience points, etc.
HHG is built with a lot of systems, if it was a purely linear game it would be quite easy as just jumping to a label... This is kind of different.

(Besides of what you see; the inventory and etc. It's what you don't see; What conversation you have with x girl? What random event you had with x girl? Have you spend time with x girl x place at x time? Have you discovered a place x girl is in? What card the x girl has currently? What events the player saw? What conversations did you have with Jimmy? And etc, etc, etc.)
It's possible, but definitely not easy, that's why I prefer to do what I said below.

just say for future new, fun stuff, saves had to be axed. or add something in the early game people dont want to miss to justify people starting over. i dunno. im in the camp of, if the future holds great things if you upgrade, then upgrade. i would love to see great things vs what could have been. ya know?
I'll join the pool of people saying "switch versions now".
And yes, offering a "skip the entire prologue, you mad creature" button might also be a good option.
If there's anything where decisions actually matter, those can be asked, but I think the only real difference is how much money the player found? Skipping the prologue could just offer the bare minimum.
Actually, nvm, just having a new, hopefully futureproof version will help. It's probably the last chance to do it without significant fallout.
Personally I'm not fond of starting anew, I still remember the game enough to not wanting to go through it again.

Although if it's necessary for the future of the game then fine I guess, I'll just skip my way through, skip is pretty fast in this game after all, if I remember correctly. ( Although I'd still have to farm all the perks again and all, I don't wanna fish for hours again o_O )
Though I like the idea of putting a prologue skip to directly start the new content. Would probably be the best of both world, if possible.

I will definitely think about it. I will finish everything I have to finish, the dungeon and etc, then, once the update is announced (There's 30 day for alpha testing) I will definitely make a poll.

Plus, it's really difficult to make a button that says "Skip Prologue" in this case, it's difficult to explain. In most games when you have a "Skip Prologue" button it's just skipping a small introduction, but not in this case. Skipping the prologue in this game is basically skipping half the game. People will skip and lose lots of content.

If people end up wanting to have some way to click on a "Go to new content", I will probably make a save with the prologue before being completed (You have to see the last event of the prologue), and then, just clear the inventory, stats, and exp to just give a fixed amount of money/exp so the player can spend freely.
That save will be implemented in the main game. (I don't want to have 50000 questions on discord about how to put that save in the saves folder) And make people access that saves via a hidden way in the main menu. So, old players who want to see only the new content will have the info on how to do it on Patreon, Discord, etc, and new players won't have an OPTION to skip the prologue.

I want to make the game as user-friendly as possible, I don't really like making people download files and putting them on folders and etc, that's why I prefer to just implement the save in the game.
That's also why I want to make a launcher or a way to auto-update the game with minor bug fixes and etc. The discord was chaos during beta/pre-release.

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
Plus, it's really difficult to make a button that says "Skip Prologue" in this case, it's difficult to explain. In most games when you have a "Skip Prologue" button it's just skipping a small introduction, but not in this case. Skipping the prologue in this game is basically skipping half the game. People will skip and lose lots of content.

If people end up wanting to have some way to click on a "Go to new content", I will probably make a save with the prologue before being completed (You have to see the last event of the prologue), and then, just clear the inventory, stats, and exp to just give a fixed amount of money/exp so the player can spend freely.
That save will be implemented in the main game. (I don't want to have 50000 questions on discord about how to put that save in the saves folder) And make people access that saves via a hidden way in the main menu. So, old players who want to see only the new content will have the info on how to do it on Patreon, Discord, etc, and new players won't have an OPTION to skip the prologue.

I want to make the game as user-friendly as possible, I don't really like making people download files and putting them on folders and etc, that's why I prefer to just implement the save in the game.
That's also why I want to make a launcher or a way to auto-update the game with minor bug fixes and etc. The discord was chaos during beta/pre-release.
Yeah I was thinking about just a save to gets you past the prologue and unlocks everything or give you points to allocate so that you can take only the perks you want/had before. Speaking of which, I always wanted to unlearn the perk that lets you see girls on the map because I remember it also spoils the h-scenes with a little heart on their portrait, it kinda bothered me :BootyTime:
But I guess it's just a me problem.

Or maybe, I'm no dev on Ren'py or anything so I don't know how reasonable that is, but have a way for the game to check the status of a save to then convert it to the next version.
Some kind of file that would remember what perks/money/achievement a save has to then import it back on the new save.
I know some games do that, let you import saves from prequels to continue the story while keeping the same choices made in the previous game, but I don't know how feasible that is here.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Did you ever figure out if the problem with the updater was in the bundled binaries or in the python code?

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes