Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I know might seem rude, and I don't want it to appear that way with this question. I was thinking of downloading and playing this game because it has such good comments for it, is it actually worth it (downloading and playing it?), I mean is the game still being officially developed? All I can see is the abandoned tag. I normally wouldn't foray into an abandoned game forum, but as I said, it has such comments about this game, I couldn't help myself from asking, I feel really stupid for asking with the abandoned tag and all.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Or maybe, I'm no dev on Ren'py or anything so I don't know how reasonable that is, but have a way for the game to check the status of a save to then convert it to the next version.
Some kind of file that would remember what perks/money/achievement a save has to then import it back on the new save.
I know some games do that, let you import saves from prequels to continue the story while keeping the same choices made in the previous game, but I don't know how feasible that is here.
The next update has millions of changes, this is how the save compatibility works. It converts old values to news when transferring a save from v0.1.2 to v0.1.3, so the save works.

When I try v0.1.2, normally, I get a crash screen saying what was the problem and etc. So I can fix it.
But when it's about Renpy 7.5 to Renpy 8.0, it just gives a crash error that it's basically impossible to fix, it's like every single line of code works differently.
It works perfectly when you start a new game, but not when you start from an old save.

Also, remember that most games that have that thing of importing saves are pretty simple in terms of code. They just transfer values like "evie_affection", "hasThePlayerSeenMaria", etc. Small variables/tags. So they will mostly have 0 errors.
In my case... well...

THERE MAY BE A FIX transferring from Renpy 7.5 to 8.0. But I don't feel like going through 177 scripts with millions of lines of code to check every single stuff, not at least right now, where time is being... quite demanding.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I know might seem rude, and I don't want it to appear that way with this question. I was thinking of downloading and playing this game because it has such good comments for it, is it actually worth it (downloading and playing it?), I mean is the game still being officially developed? All I can see is the abandoned tag. I normally wouldn't foray into an abandoned game forum, but as I said, it has such comments about this game, I couldn't help myself from asking, I feel really stupid for asking with the abandoned tag and all.
Download and play it, please.
The Prologue has enough content like a full game. And there WILL be an update, I'm working on it! Just have fun and remember that feedback helps me a lot.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Komisari Have you thought about instead of having just an update, with all the new changes, and the problems that upgrading to the latest version of Ren'py would entail, breaking the game up into chapters?

First off, I'm in no way an experienced developer, so take this for what it's worth.

Basically, the way I see it being done, you now have the prologue. It's basically done. Your chapter 1 can be a completely separate game, kind of like how Cure my Addiction is doing.

This way, you only need to pull specifics from the final save file for the prologue into the new one. As I write this, it may be just as difficult as doing it the other way. I'm probably not making sense.

At any rate, just an idea.

:cool: Eric Grey

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari Have you thought about instead of having just an update, with all the new changes, and the problems that upgrading to the latest version of Ren'py would entail, breaking the game up into chapters?

First off, I'm in no way an experienced developer, so take this for what it's worth.

Basically, the way I see it being done, you now have the prologue. It's basically done. Your chapter 1 can be a completely separate game, kind of like how Cure my Addiction is doing.

This way, you only need to pull specifics from the final save file for the prologue into the new one. As I write this, it may be just as difficult as doing it the other way. I'm probably not making sense.

At any rate, just an idea.

:cool: Eric Grey

HHG has lots of systems working all together with lots of files. It's not as easy as starting a new game and "taking" the data from the previous save. It would still have the same problems and I would have to lose a lot of time thinking about what to merge and what to keep.
If any experienced renpy developer would see HHG's code, would have the same opinion as me; HHG cannot be separated into Chapters, except if the difference between said chapters is ONLY the dialogue and images to save space.
I do not use simple variables as "lucy_affection = 2" that can be easily merged in any game and see the differences with an "if".

Making different games won't fix the problems the game has in terms of code. We could say that HHG's code is "modular", it NEEDS part of the code and all the data or specific parts of the data of the saves that need each other to make the game work correctly.

For example; Dungeon mining takes the damage you make every time you click a mineral from the regular mines of the game (Where you can mine in the prologue.)
If for some reason I end up making a new game, and I decide that just because of lore reasons or whatever that cave is not accessible anymore, so I just remove it from the game to save space; That would instantly cause an issue, because the Dungeon mining NEEDS the regular mines to work.

It's just an example. It would be fixable? Yeah, of course, and it would be easy. The problem is when creating a new game, I have to fix 500000 errors, make a list to see what merge and what not and etc xD

I prefer HHG to be one game, and try to deal with it the best I can. I don't think I will ever split the game into chapters EXCEPT if I make some sort of launcher for people to download the SAME GAME but in parts. So they can play the prologue while the game downloads the data from Chapter 1 and etc.
Again, I want to be as friendly as possible with the user. I extremely hate when a game is split into parts and I have to merge saves and blablalba. It just annoys me xD

tutolag

Jan 6, 2020
View attachment 875028

Overview:
In Hero's Harem Guild you're a simple poor guy who becomes a community hero for surviving a powerful demon attack. You'll lead a Guild full of beautiful adventurers willing to work, train and fight for you. Upgrade the Guild, repair the town, seek new members, build relationships, and complete quests in this RPG-themed world to unlock fully animated and uncensored lewd scenes.​

Thread Updated: 2020-11-23
Release Date: 2020-11-23
Developer: Komisari - - - @Komisari
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.2 Public
Language: English, Spanish
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Cheat Codes:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - GDRIVE - - -
Mac: MEGA - - GDRIVE - - -
Others: ANDROID* - COMPRESSED*

Patches: *
Extras: CHEATS *- Extra Content CG*

* This unofficial version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 691763 View attachment 691772 View attachment 691769 View attachment 691767 View attachment 691774 View attachment 875015 View attachment 691764 View attachment 691768 View attachment 875016 View attachment 691765 View attachment 691766 View attachment 875017 View attachment 875018 View attachment 875019 View attachment 875020 View attachment 875021 View attachment 875022
I hope Komisari will keep updating the game. At this point I do not even fap anymore and play just for the girls

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
So what exactly breaks when updating to a new python version?
Granted, the answer is probably "everything", but, just wondering; If you know all the variables you're tracking currently, there should be a way to export those to use in a new save on a new version. I know it's unlikely to be worth the effort, but I'm curious no less.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I hope Komisari will keep updating the game. At this point I do not even fap anymore and play just for the girls
You will love Chapter 1 then. Has lots of lewd scenes, but there's a lot of focus on every girls' story.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HogRocket

Miyakei

Feb 26, 2021
I somehow randomly sumbled across this game, and i have to say taht the whole game is gorgeous, all characters are lovable, and i just couldnt halp and played it whole in one sitting... If you really make an update in upcoming months, i am definitely going to be one of the new paterons on your site. Keep up the good work!

Altho i got stuck on the find clues quest... I am on 4/5 where i got 3 from merchanta and 4th from Luna....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I somehow randomly sumbled across this game, and i have to say taht the whole game is gorgeous, all characters are lovable, and i just couldnt halp and played it whole in one sitting... If you really make an update in upcoming months, i am definitely going to be one of the new paterons on your site. Keep up the good work!

Altho i got stuck on the find clues quest... I am on 4/5 where i got 3 from merchanta and 4th from Luna....
Thank you so much!

Rebecca in the evening, Luna at night, Granny (Talk option), Yinna and Maria.

Sep 12, 2020
Mmmm... Might make a poll after announcing the date of the update. I thought the same, but I was scared of people complaining about the compatibility because there are like 5 people per day asking if the saves will be compatible, and I always say yes, 100% sure.

I SHOULD definitely do it now that there is a really, really big update and most people forgot about the story, so they are going to restart again.
We'll see. I will definitely make a pool.
What about a separate tool to convert old saves to the new format? I'm not familiar with how Ren'Py implements them, and what changed, but IIRC saves were basically a structured sequence of name=value attributes, so it may not be impossible.

Sep 12, 2020
What about a separate tool to convert old saves to the new format? I'm not familiar with how Ren'Py implements them, and what changed, but IIRC saves were basically a structured sequence of name=value attributes, so it may not be impossible.
Apologies, just seen an answer of yours to a similar question (even though that talks of an internal importer, rather than an external application).

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
It would take each individual far less time to start over then for the dev to make and test the converter... it would be a waste of time better spent on development of the game.

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It would take each individual far less time to start over then for the dev to make and test the converter... it would be a waste of time better spent on development of the game.
Especially for a one time transition, I agree.

Reactions: DiTo

22ndgentlemen

Apr 11, 2022
Just tossing in my quick two cents.

While it is admirable that the dev wants to keep an old promise to ensure that saves could be transferred, in the end, I believe it is best to change the engine under the hood now rather than later. Less moving parts change now vs later when more variables and systems are added on.

Additionally, as many have already stated, with the length of time between the last update, it is best to have everyone restart. This way, the community can be refreshed about the events of the game as well as getting re-acquainted with the mechanics.

If a train conductor promised a train ride to a town, but that town has grown since the promise was made, no one expects a steam locomotive to keep up with a bullet train in speed and efficiency. Take a little more time to update the system and get it right. No one wants a rushed update.

noble 271

Mar 14, 2018
the game wants me to find clues and ive already talked to the old lady and the vendor
what else can i find??

Also wtf was that lovecraftian scene at the lake out of nowhere

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes