He-man96.

May 25, 2018
There was no update for over a year and a half; therefore, it got an abandoned tag. Supposedly, I hear that the dev is a perfectionist and I have seen some of the sneak peaks on discord but he should have released an update at this point if not earlier. If he got burnt out just say it. He's made enough on patreon to just pay someone to work on the game for him.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Plus, it's really difficult to make a button that says "Skip Prologue" in this case, it's difficult to explain. In most games when you have a "Skip Prologue" button it's just skipping a small introduction, but not in this case. Skipping the prologue in this game is basically skipping half the game. People will skip and lose lots of content.
Probably won't even be necessary by the time you're done with it unless you decide to make significant changes yourself, the 7 to 8 save incompatibility is already listed as a known bug and will likely be fixed in 8.1.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Probably won't even be necessary by the time you're done with it unless you decide to make significant changes yourself, the 7 to 8 save incompatibility is already listed as a known bug and will likely be fixed in 8.1.
I'll take "posts in the wrong thread" for 200, Alex. ;)

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
If he got burnt out just say it. He's made enough on patreon to just pay someone to work on the game for him.
Komisari hasn't had much luck in finding contractors that meets their criteria. I don't hang out on the discord so I don't know if they're still going through and trying out contractors or if they've given up on that, but I made a post long ago saying that finding good help is difficult, but still a worthy investment and to just keep trying.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari hasn't had much luck in finding contractors that meets their criteria. I don't hang out on the discord so I don't know if they're still going through and trying out contractors or if they've given up on that, but I made a post long ago saying that finding good help is difficult, but still a worthy investment and to just keep trying.
To be honest, if there were 5 people that would meet my criteria, I would definitely hire 5 of them. It's not that I want to save money or anything, I understand that it is a positive investment.
For example, I invest a LOT of money in songs and 3D models. But I haven't found someone to work with in terms of renders, dialogue, or coding. Yet!

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
To be honest, if there were 5 people that would meet my criteria, I would definitely hire 5 of them. It's not that I want to save money or anything, I understand that it is a positive investment.
For example, I invest a LOT of money in songs and 3D models. But I haven't found someone to work with in terms of renders, dialogue, or coding. Yet!
I did not expect to see a post from the developer, i must say it is appreciated. Glad you are ok and still alive and plan on working on the title.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
My only gripe with the long distance between updates is just how long will it take for me to complete chapter 1? Surely not 2 years worth of playtime.
What game have you ever played where the development time equalled the playtime? I want the update too, but it's clear that Komisari won't be rushed from the last few months of pages on this thread. You're free to feel the update wasn't enough when it comes out, that's your prerogative, but I'd suggest having reasonable expectations and not deciding before it's even released.

OzBa

May 9, 2017
I don't want to come off as too demanding given how cool the Narissa dialogue sneak peak was, but can the next one be lewd, please? Iirc, we've only had three this year.

Reactions: Komisari

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
What game have you ever played where the development time equalled the playtime? I want the update too, but it's clear that Komisari won't be rushed from the last few months of pages on this thread. You're free to feel the update wasn't enough when it comes out, that's your prerogative, but I'd suggest having reasonable expectations and not deciding before it's even released.
i think the point hes trying to make is that if this has been in development for 2 years and theres only an hour and a half of content not counting grindy minigames then he will be disappointed

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
i think the point hes trying to make is that if this has been in development for 2 years and theres only an hour and a half of content not counting grindy minigames then he will be disappointed
20 hours, for example, would be enough? Not counting old content

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
20 hours, for example, would be enough? Not counting old content

Just teasing of course.

Playtime can be such a subjective thing too. Things like replaying, speed of reading, all kinds of things come into it. I've seen games talk about long play times but really it all comes from playing the same few hours several times to get all the ending, which is false content a lot of the time in AVNs because nothing substantial changes until the end. I have thousands of hours in CK 2 and 3 and EU4 and I have enjoyed almost every minute of it. But then other games I paid just as much for I only have like five-fifteen hours invested in them and got my full time and money's worth too.

Enjoyment with the game is more important than literal time spent with a game usually. I can play a game for a few hours, finish it, and have had a great time and never touch it again. Likewise, it is possible to invest many hours into a game and not enjoy it and leave frustrated without finishing it. I recently did this with an MMO my friend wanted to get me into. I played like six hours didn't have a good time and won't be going back. I'd have rather spend four or five hours with a game I enjoyed and finished all of it. Dark Souls has this effect on some people, it's a long game that many people leave unfinished out of frustrations even after trying to get into it for hours.

Still if that 20+ hour estimate is for real, I'm even more excited.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes