Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Just teasing of course.

Playtime can be such a subjective thing too. Things like replaying, speed of reading, all kinds of things come into it. I've seen games talk about long play times but really it all comes from playing the same few hours several times to get all the ending, which is false content a lot of the time in AVNs because nothing substantial changes until the end. I have thousands of hours in CK 2 and 3 and EU4 and I have enjoyed almost every minute of it. But then other games I paid just as much for I only have like five-fifteen hours invested in them and got my full time and money's worth too.

Enjoyment with the game is more important than literal time spent with a game usually. I can play a game for a few hours, finish it, and have had a great time and never touch it again. Likewise, it is possible to invest many hours into a game and not enjoy it and leave frustrated without finishing it. I recently did this with an MMO my friend wanted to get me into. I played like six hours didn't have a good time and won't be going back. I'd have rather spend four or five hours with a game I enjoyed and finished all of it. Dark Souls has this effect on some people, it's a long game that many people leave unfinished out of frustrations even after trying to get into it for hours.

Still if that 20+ hour estimate is for real, I'm even more excited.
Agreed with most of what you said. A great hour or two (like I had with Portal) is worth more than 20h of mediocre gameplay. Similarily I don't get the obsession some people have with number of renders of dialogue lines in an update. I once played a game from here where you were playing the bad guy and every other line was "Mwahahahaha!" - good way to patch your numbers, but no use to the player. (And yes, I also sank immense amounts of time into EU3 and 4, the Civs, Cities Skylines, not to mention countless RPGs).

And yes, playtime is very subjective. When I see numbers in threads where people are talking update length, I know that I will get more out of it. Apparently I am a slow reader (which I certainly am not in real life) when it comes to these AVNs and similar. If I have any idea of how much time I spent in the first place, I only rarely use a stop watch to record my playing time.

Sblade

May 14, 2019
Seeing as this game was revealed in its first form less than three years ago, in my opinion there is already a lot of content in the game for the developing time spent. I think very few people would say this game has been developing slowly, if we would only look at the currently released version. Especially when compared to other games on this site with similar developing time. The issue is that a dev that used to be incredibly fast and deliver high quality hasn't released anything in a long time which has lead to betrayed expectations. Then it turns into a question of trust/faith, to me this seems so far away from a cash-grab or a string along as it could be, but who knows time will tell.

Either way I think this game is one of the best games on this site, and that is in its current version compared to many games which has had a lot longer time in development. I believe we will see it futher improved and I look forward to that day.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Seeing as this game was revealed in its first form less than three years ago, in my opinion there is already a lot of content in the game for the developing time spent. I think very few people would say this game has been developing slowly, if we would only look at the currently released version. Especially when compared to other games on this site with similar developing time. The issue is that a dev that used to be incredibly fast and deliver high quality hasn't released anything in a long time which has lead to betrayed expectations. Then it turns into a question of trust/faith, to me this seems so far away from a cash-grab or a string along as it could be, but who knows time will tell.

Either way I think this game is one of the best games on this site, and that is in its current version compared to many games which has had a lot longer time in development. I believe we will see it futher improved and I look forward to that day.
Thank you! It makes me happy to know that people think the previous version of the game was one of the best games. For me, right now, the previous version has no comparison with the new, the new quality of the game is extremely superior compared to v0.1.2. On gameplay and both story and quality. I'm giving lots of effort to every aspect of the game, if you think HHG is one of the best games having played only v0.1.2, I think you will definitely like the new version!

1657838877730.png

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Thank you! It makes me happy to know that people think the previous version of the game was one of the best games. For me, right now, the previous version has no comparison with the new, the new quality of the game is extremely superior compared to v0.1.2. On gameplay and both story and quality. I'm giving lots of effort to every aspect of the game, if you think HHG is one of the best games having played only v0.1.2, I think you will definitely like the new version!

View attachment 1925866
Lucy AND a kitten? you're the best :love:

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

uther3k

Apr 24, 2020
I was wondering why this game is showing an Abandoned tag on it now. Reading the past few messages it doesn't appear to be abandoned. Is it just a matter of how long it's been since the last update? Just curious.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

View attachment 1925866
What an adorable little kitten. And the cat she's holding is cute too.

Reactions: HardcoreLarry

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
I was wondering why this game is showing an Abandoned tag on it now. Reading the past few messages it doesn't appear to be abandoned. Is it just a matter of how long it's been since the last update? Just curious.
The abandoned tag has an unofficial rule of 18 months with no release.

Reactions: oaksumm

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hello beanlord , this is the first time I'm actually answering a review, everyone should rate whatever they want as long as they judge the content of the game and do not actually faceless lies.
So, before reporting your rate because of misinformation and probably trolling, I'll answer some of the stuff you said there so there are no weird comments after it.

most people would call this a 5 star game however that was years before the dev decided to run with the money. this shit abandoned now and dude logs in once a month to promise bullshit that never comes so people will still pay him LOL
I'm online every single day, not only answering stuff here, but you can go to Hero's Harem Guild discord server and see that I'm almost all day every day with the Charastudio in Atom opened and working on the game. Always answering questions or doing stuff. So what you said its false.

and as many other shitty game devs on this website who scam people, they started a 'REMASTER' update 2 years ago LOL. game was already decent graphics and mostly optimized so this was just a last chance cash grab for him during quarantine. Even if they ever update this in the next 3 years don't expect any actual content either.
With how easy it is to get this information, I can believe how you say this.
The update contains CHAPTER 1. Who are THREE TIMES the size of the PROLOGUE.
THE PROLOGUE is what you played. The "Decent graphics and mostly optimized" game.
CHAPTER 1 is whole new content that looks WAY, WAY better than the prologue.
The prologue IS NOT being reworked. Everything I'm doing its new content that comes after it.

Three times the size of what you played.

there have been false advertising tag's misleading and clickbaiting for years. it's had an incest tag for 3 years and can you GUESS how much content for it is in this game??? yep. completely 0. you can go through all 300 pages of this thread looking for anyone to even mention it and you will find there are NO incest scenes, it only hint and baits towards it in the intro of the game and right before we might have gotten one, the dev pulls the entire remastered shabam and u don't see an update for 2 years and now this game has an abandoned tag on it too(along with the fake incest tag)
I don't know what are you talking about, I just think you didn't actually reach the end of the game.

and if u actually did spend a week playing thru this long ass text game to have some feedback if you come to this thread the dev only responds to comments of people who stroke his ego and give him money.
I answer every one, sometimes I just ignore repeated questions because the answers are two pages behind.

AND that's besides the point that u have to 'play' (click through redundant dialogue) for 72 hours JUST TO BE ABLE TO SEE what all u can actually unlock.
Bruh my game I think has the worst Text-Image balance. Every 3 images I write dialogue, there are games where every image has 500 texts, have you even played others?

The last bit it's some actual opinion, hating, but somehow an opinion.
I just wanted to answer you this as I see you are really, really confused. I would suggest looking for information before... uh... doing this.
People who enter to see the game's review will end up seeing a wall of false information, I don't want this for the game.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Things are heating up in the heros harem guild community - stay tuned so you dont miss a thing!
Ice cream. Popcorn. Larks' tongues. Otters' noses. Ocelot spleens. Albatross.

So, before reporting your rate because of misinformation and probably trolling
Or making the review about the dev and development process (no matter that it's wrong anyway) which is against forum rules. Reviews should be about the game only.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Or making the review about the dev and development process (no matter that it's wrong anyway) which is against forum rules. Reviews should be about the game only.
I didn't know there was a rule about that, well, then there's more reasons for the report.
But again, I won't care about that, it's okay if somehow say they don't like teh development process or something, that's great and may be good information for other users, but MISINFORMING it's not okay.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
I didn't know there was a rule about that, well, then there's more reasons for the report.
But again, I won't care about that, it's okay if somehow say they don't like teh development process or something, that's great and may be good information for other users, but MISINFORMING it's not okay.
Yeah don't sweat to much about that review, first thing I did when I saw that review was to report because it breaks rule 4 for reviewing rules. Extreme sour grapes on that one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

AhoyLaddies

Aug 31, 2020
The "branches" would be the money, items, perks, and cards they got. Plus what optional lewd scenes do they unlock, if they unlocked Delilah. Also, I'm secretly counting how much fish you catch or how much you forage and etc for future achievement stuff. Items bought, total experience points, etc.
HHG is built with a lot of systems, if it was a purely linear game it would be quite easy as just jumping to a label... This is kind of different.

(Besides of what you see; the inventory and etc. It's what you don't see; What conversation you have with x girl? What random event you had with x girl? Have you spend time with x girl x place at x time? Have you discovered a place x girl is in? What card the x girl has currently? What events the player saw? What conversations did you have with Jimmy? And etc, etc, etc.)
It's possible, but definitely not easy, that's why I prefer to do what I said below.

I will definitely think about it. I will finish everything I have to finish, the dungeon and etc, then, once the update is announced (There's 30 day for alpha testing) I will definitely make a poll.

Plus, it's really difficult to make a button that says "Skip Prologue" in this case, it's difficult to explain. In most games when you have a "Skip Prologue" button it's just skipping a small introduction, but not in this case. Skipping the prologue in this game is basically skipping half the game. People will skip and lose lots of content.

If people end up wanting to have some way to click on a "Go to new content", I will probably make a save with the prologue before being completed (You have to see the last event of the prologue), and then, just clear the inventory, stats, and exp to just give a fixed amount of money/exp so the player can spend freely.
That save will be implemented in the main game. (I don't want to have 50000 questions on discord about how to put that save in the saves folder) And make people access that saves via a hidden way in the main menu. So, old players who want to see only the new content will have the info on how to do it on Patreon, Discord, etc, and new players won't have an OPTION to skip the prologue.

I want to make the game as user-friendly as possible, I don't really like making people download files and putting them on folders and etc, that's why I prefer to just implement the save in the game.
That's also why I want to make a launcher or a way to auto-update the game with minor bug fixes and etc. The discord was chaos during beta/pre-release.
Damn, you're really trying to make this an actual game aren't you? I applaud your ambition. You seem to have a good grasp on what you're trying to accomplish, and not just riding by the seat of your pants. I'll look forward to the update, just don't get in over your head. For your sanity anyways.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes