Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
After reading so much destructive criticism, I thought about giving my feedback on the game and trying to be constructive.

The story and animation are very good, the winter update made me hyped for chapter 1.

Like the previous guys I also think that the sandbox elements are pretty bad.
Thank you!

I don't know what Komi planned for the next update, I read that they already thought about improvements(maybe I remember wrong), but here some ideas:

I suggest making mining, gathering and fishing feel less of a chore and more like playing a game where the more skilled you are the more rewards you get.

For example a rhythm game for mining, a memory game for gathering and a quick time event for fishing.
I want to change both fishing and mining minigames. I said that a while ago!
I kinda like mining, even if it's just clicking with RNG, I don't know, I find it fun.

But, I don't like fishing that much, and I'm aware lots of people can get hurt by doing the circular motion with the mouse, and it can be really, really exhausting.

I recently found some videos about the game "Dredge", and it has REALLY interesting fishing minigames, that could easily merge together with the stats HHG uses, Reeling Strength, Reeling Speed, and Resistance.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (10).gif
I had another idea before, I wanted it so you have to wait until you catch the fish and then press <-- or --> based on where the fish is going, to exhaust it, and use SPACEBAR to reel while the fish is exhausted.

But I think the minigame from this game can be done and it's way more entertaining, at least for me.
Before I start any change I will of course ask the community what they want or what they do not like. To be honest most users that I ask about the fishing minigame are happy about it, but there are also lots of users who can just CAN'T do it because they get hurt.

I tried to add some sort of minigame to the fishing system in the Winter event, but... eh... I think it needs a radical change.

Foraging will probably remain as it is. They are just random items that are out there, grabbing them or not depends on you.
The only thing foraging has interesting is the different uses of TOOLS you have to get different outputs, which you will definitely see in chp1.
Some forage will be able to be cut only with specific tools, or some tools will give you different outputs based on the forage you do. It's more about management that something about skills, in this specific case, of course.

For mining, I'm deciding between a rhythm game (Just a bar that you have to click when it's in the middle) or some sort of minigame where you click, a bar appears and you have to click between certain randomly placed segments, until the last one, where you break one tier of the ore and also get the items. If you fail, you just don't receive any item or less items.
All of this combined so you have to click in specific parts of the ore each time (Like "Rust"'s woodcutting or when you pick stuff on fortnite), but this last one will definitely give trouble to mobile users, so I have to think, but I actually like the actual mining, so it'll be the last one that could be changed.

For now, I'm focusing on porting everything and creating scenes for the girls, but I will change this, eventually.
I just spent 2 weeks making some sort of new inventory* system, a forge/furnace system, and a couple more things.
I cannot afford to spend more time reworking stuff!

I found annoying that sending a girl out with the guild board will lock the girl until i make her rest.

I suggest that they should be available at least at night and midnight.

I hope Komi finds this comment useful. Cheers
You are completely right, I will add something so they stop working at night and midnight and they start working again the next day. I already added it to the to-do list.
I will make them so they pseudo-stop working during that time, and then "start" working again the next day!

Thank you!

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I'm more convinced people are jerking off with their hate boners rather than to the game itself at this point. Gotta fill the update void somehow I guess.

I wouldn't mind more incentive for some of the minigames. Maybe having little mini scenes/random encounters with the girls as you do them could help break up some of the monotony at least. Honestly just give me a fish wife I can meet while fishing and I'll be happy.

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Give a man a fish wife, and he's satisfied for a lifetime.

Jul 3, 2023
or I could just follow the story instead of looking for new minigames that just lengthen the game without adding real content to what we want.... we want chapter 1 to end, more chapters, more story... I don't care much about them minigames, that only lengthen the wait for something that never comes... are people really content with minigames?... They don't care to know what else he has planned for the story?... 3 years and he's still reworking and thinking about minigames and what else to implement to extend the useful life of what is generating profit... that's all... what a little head of people who are content with so little... :cry:

Reactions: Thedarkdragon007

ikkaculo

Nov 23, 2017
or I could just follow the story instead of looking for new minigames that just lengthen the game without adding real content to what we want.... we want chapter 1 to end, more chapters, more story... I don't care much about them minigames, that only lengthen the wait for something that never comes... are people really content with minigames?... They don't care to know what else he has planned for the story?... 3 years and he's still reworking and thinking about minigames and what else to implement to extend the useful life of what is generating profit... that's all... what a little head of people who are content with so little... :cry:
I don't think the gameplay part of a videogame should be ignored, but that is just my opinion.
The long wait doesn't bother me since I'm not a patreon ( sorry:( ) and I have other stuff to do in the meantime.
If you are worried about the patreons, you shouldn't.
I think they are old enough to decide what to do with their money.

Jul 3, 2023
I don't think the gameplay part of a videogame should be ignored, but that is just my opinion.
The long wait doesn't bother me since I'm not a patreon ( sorry:( ) and I have other stuff to do in the meantime.
If you are worried about the patreons, you shouldn't.
I think they are old enough to decide what to do with their money.
you are right about that...

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
A point of criticism to the criticizers. Maybe your criticism would be more accepted if you weren't asshats about it? To paraphrase: "You suck" "Your game sucks" "The mini games suck" Etc and so on. That's not really criticism, that's just hostility. There's only so much a person can take before they respond in kind. You don't like when Komi responds with sarcasm or aggression? Don't "criticize" in that fashion. If you don't understand that a person will respond in a cyclical way then you need to brush up on basic human reactions. Hate breeds hate.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
To paraphrase
To strawman

"You suck"
No, i concretely identified his issue, as a person, and offered actionable area for improvement.

"Your game sucks" "The mini games suck"
No, i identified clear issue, with clear actionable area for improvement. But he can't do it because of what you say is "you suck".

That's not really criticism, that's just hostility.
Clearly stating where and what can be improved is hostility. Got it.

There's only so much a person can take before they respond in kind. You don't like when Komi responds with sarcasm or aggression?
So every time Komi either misrepresent or lie, it is sarcasm? Got ya.

Don't "criticize" in that fashion. If you don't understand that a person will respond in a cyclical way then you need to brush up on basic human reactions. Hate breeds hate.
Yes pointing out the issues, problems in person behaviour showing actionable issues, is hating.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
blah blah blah
I made a blanket statement to those that were being aggressive. If you felt that I was talking to you, maybe you should do some inner reflection. I did not name you. If you feel that you have not commented to Komi in the fashion that I stated, then my comment was not to you. Do you have a guilty conscience or are you being the champion for the aggressive posters?

Criticism, when done properly, is a good thing.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
I made a blanket statement to those that were being aggressive. If you felt that I was talking to you, maybe you should do some inner reflection.
Oh yes, it is definitely not addressed at only like 3 people who is critical of Komi in last few days. Nice way to deflect.

I did not name you. If you feel that you have not commented to Komi in the fashion that I stated, then my comment was not to you. Do you have a guilty conscience or are you being the champion for the aggressive posters?
So its not okay to criticize your post because that it means person who criticize you have guilty conscience or feels that your post reflect their behaviour? That not how it works. The criticism, arrives equally at everyone. And if you had anything of value to add to conversation you would be addressing points, not blahblahing them, and saying boiler plate enablers phrases to shield from critcism.
Think about it logically, if someone uninvolved arrive to the topic see your post and criticize you, does he have guilty conscience? No he just criticize YOUR post.

Criticism, when done properly, is a good thing.
I agree, this is what you received.

Last edited:

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Oh yes, it is definitely not addressed at only like 3 people who is critical of Komi in last few days. Nice way to deflect.
Unlike many people who come to the forums, I don't just look at the last couple posts. I don't check the forum daily. I come here once every week or two sometimes even longer. I go back to where I read last and read/skim all the posts up to current. Get over yourself. You aren't that important. I'm not going to sit down and spend an hour or more replying to each and every post. So, no, I'm not referring to just the last 3 people who had complaints. I don't have the free time to be glued to the forums like, it appears, some of you do. I actually have a life outside the computer with things I need to do and do not feel the need to sit around to flame everyone I don't agree with. If you aren't a habitual rude complainer, then what I have to say should mean nothing to you. Are you on a debate team or something and are just getting practice here?

Jul 3, 2023
so any news komi updating ch 1?
You can check his trello, but from how it progresses and with everything I tried to do... hopefully there will be an update in 2024... but something comes out... and it seems that it won't take 2 and a half years like before, it's already an improvement i guess...

Oasis951

Aug 28, 2020
Wow... first time looking at the thread and my god...

People really hate this developer... Why?

(btw I'm not aware of any drama and am not taking sides so don't start bashing me)

4.50 star(s) 207 Votes