Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Wow... first time looking at the thread and my god...

People really hate this developer... Why?

(btw I'm not aware of any drama and am not taking sides so don't start bashing me)
Updates are really slow and my conversations with the community are considered excuses, Plus high earnings the game gets on Patreon or Itch.io make people nervous and have the opinion that I'm scamming and/or milking patrons without working on the game.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
By the time the next update comes around ill probably have forgotten the plot and need to replay it anyways so thats okay, and unless achievements are gonna give nice scenes than thats fine!
Nope, I won't lock any content over achievements!

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
shit i even forgot that this game exists, telling myself, hey its fine ill just wait a couple of months to check it out which i did do and loved it, thanks for making this

Reactions: Komisari

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
Updates are really slow
I'm scamming and/or milking patrons without working on the game.
He is slowly figuring it out.
By the way last update on Patreon is June 3rd, we are officially 3 month without updates! 6k$ per month pipeline everyone! Komi, can you enlighten us, what are you doing all this time to not being able to get 1-2 hours, in a month to post update on Patreon?
Here is the knowledge closed behind 100 doors, known only by selected few... To prove that you are working on something, you can just, you know... Keep showing that you are working on something. And no, on your Discord you are inactive as is on your patreon or your joke of a Trello page.
Oh and you let everyone know on discord, how you were laying in bed for a few day, couldn't you while lying in bed, type like 300 words to poor patreon members to update them on a state of the game? Or you were that bed ridden that you can't even do that?

Last edited:

manfeltor

Jul 22, 2022
6k$ per month pipeline everyone!
really? im new to this whole world but, he really making 6k month on donations? i mean, it does not look easy at all to do this kind of games, but, can you make that kind of money on donations making indie games? how can you tell?

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
really? im new to this whole world but, he really making 6k month on donations? i mean, it does not look easy at all to do this kind of games, but, can you make that kind of money on donations making indie games? how can you tell?
He kept patreon earnings public.
And yes, he is an outlier (which make whole thing sus as fuck), but indie game even solo devs can make even more. I consulted many devs who is in 20k-50k$ a month income, and work as duo/trio of devs. Even know a guy who work solo and make around 100k a year on his indie games. Not even close to AAA level of course, but great success non the less.
Yet keep your expectations low, this is VERY competetive market. This is why Komi is wasting this grand oportunity, just like YanDev did.

manfeltor

Jul 22, 2022
20k-50k$ a month income
lollllll wtffffff. im kind of a data analyst with my main lang being py living in a poor ass raggy country so i earn squirrel shit monthly. i migth just give it a try, i hear what you say, and again, it does not look easy at all, plus i dont know if im really that creative, but im used to work the keyboard up to 12 hs a day in exchange for dog vomit. rather doing it on something fun and maybe profitable??? maybe????
anyway ill look out the dev forums and start reading the libs i guess, tnx for the replies :)

Jul 3, 2023
He is slowly figuring it out.
By the way last update on Patreon is June 3rd, we are officially 3 month without updates! 6k$ per month pipeline everyone! Komi, can you enlighten us, what are you doing all this time to not being able to get 1-2 hours, in a month to post update on Patreon?
Here is the knowledge closed behind 100 doors, known only by selected few... To prove that you are working on something, you can just, you know... Keep showing that you are working on something. And no, on your Discord you are inactive as is on your patreon or your joke of a Trello page.
Oh and you let everyone know on discord, how you were laying in bed for a few day, couldn't you while lying in bed, type like 300 words to poor patreon members to update them on a state of the game? Or you were that bed ridden that you can't even do that?
Leave it alone, he's already dead (reference to the simpsons), this dev will sooner or later cease to be relevant, the few simps that he has left sooner or later will be on our side of the sidewalk, when what the others happen, I met the I play for the update... but after reading all the comments and the number of years I spent without saying anything and putting out mediocre content, I understand those who got angry with him and I side with him, the truth is who with half a brain you spend years waiting for a crumb of content?, and what's more, who pays or supports you so you don't see results... it's sad to think that there are such stupid people, and that there are those who take advantage of them... but this is how it is In the world, those who have to pay for it do it... when they have better things to do, I suppose they will stop supporting and defending someone who only takes advantage of them, and that's it... Everything comes in due time... karma comes to everyone... whoever is wrong or right, time will judge... I think we are only witnesses of one thing or another... but this novel will certainly not have an end, due to the time it has been in development and has not yet come out from the prologue... is he planning to retire based on support on patreon?... Who in their right mind would be so foolish to spend years supporting or following a novel that shows, does not have a future... except that every two months present something and move extremely fast to finish your 3 parts of chapter 1.... and how many chapters do you plan? 2 or 3? That would be appropriate if he wants to finish it... now if he plans 10 chapters or more, it's impossible for him to achieve it in 2 more years if he spends 2 and a half with nothing...
The one who thinks, the one who reasons things, easily realizes that there is no point in following this novel... the dev will get tired... or the community will get tired... but there will be no continuation of one or the other way... no matter how much the dev rants that yes and if we don't like it we leave and blah blah blah, it's his way of not scaring away the few simps who still support him... but in the long run everything is discovered and if they see how things are going and reason, if they are intelligent they will realize that it is not worth it...
Only fools believe in nonsense

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Leave it alone, he's already dead (reference to the simpsons), this dev will sooner or later cease to be relevant, the few simps that he has left sooner or later will be on our side of the sidewalk, when what the others happen, I met the I play for the update... but after reading all the comments and the number of years I spent without saying anything and putting out mediocre content, I understand those who got angry with him and I side with him, the truth is who with half a brain you spend years waiting for a crumb of content?, and what's more, who pays or supports you so you don't see results... it's sad to think that there are such stupid people, and that there are those who take advantage of them... but this is how it is In the world, those who have to pay for it do it... when they have better things to do, I suppose they will stop supporting and defending someone who only takes advantage of them, and that's it... Everything comes in due time... karma comes to everyone... whoever is wrong or right, time will judge... I think we are only witnesses of one thing or another... but this novel will certainly not have an end, due to the time it has been in development and has not yet come out from the prologue... is he planning to retire based on support on patreon?... Who in their right mind would be so foolish to spend years supporting or following a novel that shows, does not have a future... except that every two months present something and move extremely fast to finish your 3 parts of chapter 1.... and how many chapters do you plan? 2 or 3? That would be appropriate if he wants to finish it... now if he plans 10 chapters or more, it's impossible for him to achieve it in 2 more years if he spends 2 and a half with nothing...
The one who thinks, the one who reasons things, easily realizes that there is no point in following this novel... the dev will get tired... or the community will get tired... but there will be no continuation of one or the other way... no matter how much the dev rants that yes and if we don't like it we leave and blah blah blah, it's his way of not scaring away the few simps who still support him... but in the long run everything is discovered and if they see how things are going and reason, if they are intelligent they will realize that it is not worth it...
Only fools believe in nonsense
You should go make your own novel instead, you're good at being dramatic.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
lollllll wtffffff. im kind of a data analyst with my main lang being py living in a poor ass raggy country so i earn squirrel shit monthly. i migth just give it a try, i hear what you say, and again, it does not look easy at all, plus i dont know if im really that creative, but im used to work the keyboard up to 12 hs a day in exchange for dog vomit. rather doing it on something fun and maybe profitable??? maybe????
anyway ill look out the dev forums and start reading the libs i guess, tnx for the replies :)
Yeah you can do it, and even if you fail, hell at least you tried!
But if you know Python (i believe that what you abbreviated?) it shouldn't be too hard to find some job online, they are in demand at the moment.

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
lol we really reached September with no news, not even the trello is updated XD, who would have expected that from the guy who has been telling the same lie for 3 years, No wonder people call this a scam, at least we can laugh it's all we have left

4.50 star(s) 207 Votes