deskt

Jul 24, 2018
Short version? Probably a classic case of lazy person goes into indie game dev because they lack the discipline and motivation to get and hold down a decent "real" job. At first it's fun and exciting, then eventually it starts to feel like a job (surprise!!!) and they struggle to keep working on it, soon they cannot force themself to work on it consistently. Months go by and they make excuses (hey, it used to work in school?) - rather than admitting they are not going to finish what they started.

Patreon really enables people like that to continue being like that.
yeah He only endured 2 and a half updates to go on sabbatical and get paid for free for doing jack shit... heck even yandere dev is a better "artistic" than this clown :'v

Reactions: Chris2041

Fuggiless

May 9, 2022
All the negative stuff aside, this game really had amazing comedic direction. I don't lol often, but this one had me in stitches. Dude needs to go work a production line for $15/hr for a few years - remind him how blessed he is to make games for $75K/yr (or not make them, apparently.)

swdefert

Oct 8, 2017
All the negative stuff aside, this game really had amazing comedic direction. I don't lol often, but this one had me in stitches. Dude needs to go work a production line for $15/hr for a few years - remind him how blessed he is to make games for $75K/yr (or not make them, apparently.)
15$ hour is like what you get with a college degree and some years of experience in latam lmao

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
15$ hour is like what you get with a college degree and some years of experience in latam lmao
I mean shit it's a livable wage up here in America. AFAIK the minimum is still 7 bucks in some places.

Comparing hourly wages to yearly wages is also a bit disingenuous. 15 dollars an hour is 2,620 a month, with a standard 22 day work schedule. There's a lot of so-called Patreon "scams" that don't make that.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
thats where all the hate comes from, they want to see him lose.
I'm pretty sure it comes from him creating what started looking out as a promising game, and then just bailing after people got really into it. This is not a unique phenomenon; look at how upset people get when TV shows they like get canceled.

This "they want to see him lose" bs is absurd, they just want more fucking content lol.

anoneemous

Jul 11, 2023
its so sad to see those weak arguments to defend the dev, thats why he keeps doing it, as we can see how his fanbase acts

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Nobody wants that. They want the game to not take 4 years for a single update. They want him to not lie about progress being made. Clearly a lot of people love his work and are glad to pay to see it completed. The problem is that he wont complete it lol
so people are left hating him, we went in circles.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: taterballz
4.50 star(s) 206 Votes