Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
A lot of years of nothing and ignoring people who did pay for the game and people who are just fans doesn't give much hope to anyone that this will be finished some day soon.
Komi hater meltdown in

You aren't paying for a game when you DONATE or PLEDGE money on Patreon. You are sending money in support and/or appreciation for the game that exists and the POSSIBILITY for more content. It is said nowhere on the Patreon page that you are BUYING a product or service. It does however mention the word "pledge".

Now that I've said that. Sure, I'm disappointed at the length of time it has taken so far for more of the story to come out, if it does in fact come out. And yes, I did donate on his Patreon for a little bit until I felt that I had given enough to show how I enjoyed the content he had released at the time (giving me more of a reason to be upset unlike all the leeches losing their minds). Just long enough to donate the same amount I would spend on any indie game. Am I going to lose sleep over it if it does not continue? Nope. I've got other games to play, I've got things to do in life. Komi, if you see this, thank you for the game content you released so far. I hope more comes out but if not, I wish you well.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
Komi hater meltdown in
Apathy slowly seeps in (as there are less and less posts in the thread). There will be less and less outrage, as without any actual updates people simply don't care anymore.

And making excuses doesn't change the fact that current situation is pathetic.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Apathy slowly seeps in (as there are less and less posts in the thread). There will be less and less outrage, as without any actual updates people simply don't care anymore.

And making excuses doesn't change the fact that current situation is pathetic.
they do care and always will care, for a game that hasn't produced much by people's standards it still has quite an active thread. Activity = engagement = care to share ideas of said game. The day this thread dies is the day the game actually dies and no one cares.

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
they do care and always will care, for a game that hasn't produced much by people's standards it still has quite an active thread. Activity = engagement = care to share ideas of said game. The day this thread dies is the day the game actually dies and no one cares.
Yes, it's not "dead" yet, but people are engaging with it less (even with obvious bait from that post above). I myself got very interested in the game after looking for a game, which is not just a visual novel, but has some actual game mechanics. Wanted to wait for supposed "close" update release before trying to play it (and decide if I want to support it on patreon) - and now a lof of time later - I'm just wondering if I should finally remove it from "watch list".

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018
Komi hater meltdown in

You aren't paying for a game when you DONATE or PLEDGE money on Patreon. You are sending money in support and/or appreciation for the game that exists and the POSSIBILITY for more content. It is said nowhere on the Patreon page that you are BUYING a product or service. It does however mention the word "pledge".

Now that I've said that. Sure, I'm disappointed at the length of time it has taken so far for more of the story to come out, if it does in fact come out. And yes, I did donate on his Patreon for a little bit until I felt that I had given enough to show how I enjoyed the content he had released at the time (giving me more of a reason to be upset unlike all the leeches losing their minds). Just long enough to donate the same amount I would spend on any indie game. Am I going to lose sleep over it if it does not continue? Nope. I've got other games to play, I've got things to do in life. Komi, if you see this, thank you for the game content you released so far. I hope more comes out but if not, I wish you well.
I didn't say that i hate him >Komi but he is a a scammer there is nothing to deny there, I lost hope years ago that the game is going to have a chapter 1 or any update to the main story.
Are you happy that you donated to him and didn't get anything for years i really want your honest reply here or you just don't care about money and how you spent it i am kinda interested?

I don't know what kind of person do you think i am but all i did say in this thread turns out it's the truth you can say what ever you want about me but in the end i was right, I will be honest i wish i was not right and that we did get an update but sadly that is not going to happen.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
*sigh*
Look
It really does not matter what Komi does or does not produce. He's not a scammer, because that's not how Patreon works. Patreon donations are not a purchase, they are donations to some creator.

Komi could come out tomorrow with nothing more than a picture of his own turd taped to the wall calling it his magnum opus, and it wouldn't be a scam. It would be extremely rude, really weird, and exceptionally disappointing. Heroes Harem Guild going this long without updates is also all of those things. But it is not a scam.

People on this site have a really weird idea of what a scam is. A scam necessitates not just a lie, but a purchase of some good or service. It's fraud; it's taking peoples' money with the promise of something that never happens, not because you wound up incapable, but because you just didn't try.

Patreon donations promise nothing, and Komi is not obligated to anything. This is giving money to a homeless guy on the side of the road, not a real estate developer. There's no scam if the homeless guy spends it on booze instead of an apartment. There's no fraud.

Reactions: Kantanshi

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
Ah yes, I'm sure 1.2k people one day woke up and decided to randomly throw some money towards this random guy, for no reason whatsoever, without being promised anything in return. Just because.
It's a scam the same way most kickstarters are scams, the same way star citizen is a scam, the same way the majority of EA games on steam that never get completed are scams. Trying to veil it behind some dumb nonsense like "oh, he never actually PROMISED to give you something in return" is a pathetic attempt to obfuscate it.
Patreon only works in the actual way it is intended when the people were making the content before the patreon.

Reactions: nyex117 and Brokai

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
They decided to give their money to an artist they liked because he made art they liked.

Strawmanning my argument and then trying to accuse me of obfuscation is not a very effective way to make yourself look like anything but a butthurt whiner.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I didn't say that i hate him >Komi but he is a a scammer there is nothing to deny there, I lost hope years ago that the game is going to have a chapter 1 or any update to the main story.
Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to single you out with the hater comment. I was aiming that more at the group of people in general that have posted a lot of hatred towards Komi because of what I said and the expectation of at least a few response from them. As for calling him a scammer, I must disagree. To scam someone the guilty party must be directly charging for goods and/or services. On his Patreon, he specifically says that any money given is a pledge to his work in progress and a show of appreciation. That anyone who pledges money would be given higher regard when it comes to input and suggestions. He does not state anywhere that a member to his page is purchasing the game.

Are you happy that you donated to him and didn't get anything for years i really want your honest reply here or you just don't care about money and how you spent it i am kinda interested?
Honestly? It doesn't matter to me that nothing has come out for years. I donated an amount of money that I thought was fair for the content that he had released at that time plus a little extra in the hopes of future content. After I reached what I thought was a fair amount, I cancelled my membership. Yes, I do care about money. However, I never spend money I am not willing to part with. Knowing when to stop spending money before you incur a future regret is something all people should know how to do or at least learn the lesson after the first time it happens. If you have played more than a couple games from here, you know that some games just stop being developed. No game is promised to be finished. Donating with that knowledge in mind, you should limit the amount that you spend. If anything, someone that donates or has donated hundreds of dollars should know better. Lost money is their own fault if the project fails.

I don't know what kind of person do you think i am but all i did say in this thread turns out it's the truth you can say what ever you want about me but in the end i was right, I will be honest i wish i was not right and that we did get an update but sadly that is not going to happen.
You may think as you wish, all people have that right. Others may have differing opinions from yours. That is their right. I can understand that with what you have said to me, you see calling Komi a scammer as a truth. As for my way of thinking, I do not see it as a truth. I see no hard evidence of a scam. I do not hold anything against you personally or see you as a bad person. We just differ on how we look at things. I do hope that he releases more content, but if not, that's just the way things go sometimes. I'm not going to get angry or lose sleep over it.

Thank you for your response.

njjohn69

Mar 15, 2020
I just have to laugh at those saying a scam requires a purchase. Does a nigerian prince require a purchase to transfer you millions of dollars to hold? Giving money for a promise of something that never materializes is a scam. "I'll pay for tuesday for a hamburger today" that you never pay for is a scam. Komi is a scam. He promised "any time now" for years. Taking money without any development for years while saying there is, is a scam. The only way he loses the scam lable is to release a product. And even then, those that paid in the hopes it would help or speed up the process have lost ALL value on the money they gave. Hence Scam.

It doesn't matter who you are, let this serve as a warning to all developers, be honest or get labeled. The labels only come off wen you live up to what you promised for the services you want people to pay for. It's not hard

Reactions: nyex117

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Ah yes, I'm sure 1.2k people one day woke up and decided to randomly throw some money towards this random guy, for no reason whatsoever, without being promised anything in return. Just because.
It's a scam the same way most kickstarters are scams, the same way star citizen is a scam, the same way the majority of EA games on steam that never get completed are scams. Trying to veil it behind some dumb nonsense like "oh, he never actually PROMISED to give you something in return" is a pathetic attempt to obfuscate it.
Patreon only works in the actual way it is intended when the people were making the content before the patreon.
You need to do some more thinking before you make posts such as this. This is a site where adult games are shared and where some games in development just quietly die. Happens all the time. Komi did not promise a finished game. Has stated several times that he is still learning how these games are made. There's a big hint right there that the game may or may not get finished. You can not compare any game on here to Kickstarter or EA games. Kickstarter is specifically for people trying (or claiming) to start a company or a product. Star Citizen is being released by an established game company. EA games is an established company that releases full games. On this site, any random person can one day say "Hey, I'm going to start working on a game". They have no obligation to bring that game to a conclusion nor are they restricted to a timeline. You might as well try to compare an ant to an apple.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I just have to laugh at those saying a scam requires a purchase. Does a nigerian prince require a purchase to transfer you millions of dollars to hold? Giving money for a promise of something that never materializes is a scam. "I'll pay for tuesday for a hamburger today" that you never pay for is a scam. Komi is a scam. He promised "any time now" for years. Taking money without any development for years while saying there is, is a scam. The only way he loses the scam lable is to release a product. And even then, those that paid in the hopes it would help or speed up the process have lost ALL value on the money they gave. Hence Scam.

It doesn't matter who you are, let this serve as a warning to all developers, be honest or get labeled. The labels only come off wen you live up to what you promised for the services you want people to pay for. It's not hard
Show me proof that there is no development going on. Not that it's slow, but that there is absolutely nothing happening. While you are at it, show me where he said "I promise" to any release date. I do not recall any promises being made. Therefore, since you base your argument on a promise made it makes your argument invalid. He has never guaranteed a finished game for the money being donated to him. BTW, a donation (or pledge) is the giving of money with no expectation of a return.

I have seen some evidence of work being done. Very slow to be sure, but it's there.

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018
Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to single you out with the hater comment. I was aiming that more at the group of people in general that have posted a lot of hatred towards Komi because of what I said and the expectation of at least a few response from them. As for calling him a scammer, I must disagree. To scam someone the guilty party must be directly charging for goods and/or services. On his Patreon, he specifically says that any money given is a pledge to his work in progress and a show of appreciation. That anyone who pledges money would be given higher regard when it comes to input and suggestions. He does not state anywhere that a member to his page is purchasing the game.

Honestly? It doesn't matter to me that nothing has come out for years. I donated an amount of money that I thought was fair for the content that he had released at that time plus a little extra in the hopes of future content. After I reached what I thought was a fair amount, I cancelled my membership. Yes, I do care about money. However, I never spend money I am not willing to part with. Knowing when to stop spending money before you incur a future regret is something all people should know how to do or at least learn the lesson after the first time it happens. If you have played more than a couple games from here, you know that some games just stop being developed. No game is promised to be finished. Donating with that knowledge in mind, you should limit the amount that you spend. If anything, someone that donates or has donated hundreds of dollars should know better. Lost money is their own fault if the project fails.

You may think as you wish, all people have that right. Others may have differing opinions from yours. That is their right. I can understand that with what you have said to me, you see calling Komi a scammer as a truth. As for my way of thinking, I do not see it as a truth. I see no hard evidence of a scam. I do not hold anything against you personally or see you as a bad person. We just differ on how we look at things. I do hope that he releases more content, but if not, that's just the way things go sometimes. I'm not going to get angry or lose sleep over it.

Thank you for your response.
I am honestly stunned that people like you here after all of this years of nothing still defend >Komi it's funny to me.
You ask for evidence i did a lot of that here turns of you can get banned cuz of site rules here.

Trust me man i know what is it like to get banned from this thread for just saying stuf and providing the evidence.
Nothing personal.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
You aren't paying for a game when you DONATE or PLEDGE money on Patreon.
I'll tell you a little secret. "It just a donation, pledge or a present" isn't in any way a defense against criticism we push on Komi.
You know who hides behind donate/pledge excuse because of non-binding nature of the agreement, and proceed to not delivery anything in return? Conman.
So good self own here buddy.

Reactions: nyex117

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Yes, it's not "dead" yet, but people are engaging with it less
That's also false, since the start of the month the thread has gained 6 whole pages worth of comments. This game isn't on the front page either. To get here you either have to watch it or search for it, both which require some level of interest. To "not care" means you lack this interest, had the thread gone silent for weeks then maybe there would be some truth to what you said, but there was barely a week this month that was silent. So even tho comments are negative towards it they still technically care.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017

The Nigerian Prince isn't a scam, it's a con.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I'll tell you a little secret. "It just a donation, pledge or a present" isn't in any way a defense against criticism we push on Komi.
You know who hides behind donate/pledge excuse because of non-binding nature of the agreement, and proceed to not delivery anything in return? Conman.
So good self own here buddy.
I'll tell you a little secret. I'm not defending Komi. I'm pointing out that the terminology many of you use is incorrect. As the terminology is incorrect it then makes your arguments invalid. There is no hiding behind a pledge/donation "excuse" as an "excuse" is not needed if the project fails or takes longer than intended. He is sharing his game on this site as a project he has taken on. Not as a promise of a finished product but as a work in progress. What I find funny is all of you that think he has promised a product or finished game and lose your minds when it is not forthcoming.
Nice show of your ignorance buddy. Or should I say stupidity? Ignorance can be corrected with education. You seem completely set in your train of thought which implies stupidity which, unfortunately, can not be fixed.

Reactions: Blazin Phoenix
4.50 star(s) 206 Votes