KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
advice from own experience with your brain? Don't worry honey, not all of us have our brains coming out of our ears.
who is "all of us"? that was meant for you and only you, it was not a general statement, you might want to try that one again, you got this lol

sds800

Oct 2, 2021
ive never seen such cope and so many people coming to a games defense before on here. this is the third time this game has been marked as abandoned on here which goes to say something about it. the games dead and work has slowed to a crawl you guys dont have to dickride this game anymore! its over its done there are plenty of better games on here.

Reactions: IlleniumTy

sds800

Oct 2, 2021
you claim it will never be finished and management is horrible yet you still return knowing this expecting something different....i wonder who's take is actually retarded here :unsure:
Yes. people return to this game because it was a actually interesting game. HOWEVER that doesnt mean we cant criticize this game at all. Being abandoned for a third time is not a good look on here. and you absolutely defending this game like your life depends on it is pretty pathetic mate.

Ibadez38

Jan 21, 2021
Picture this: Eric Barone, the lone developer behind the phenomenal success of Stardew Valley, managed to create his game in less time than Komi, despite having to develop all the features from scratch in his game engine. Meanwhile, Komi is working with Renpy, where most of the features are already ready to use, and yet, his game doesn’t even have its first chapter yet.

Barone created the majority of his 2D assets himself, a daunting and time-consuming task. On the other hand, Komi took a different route, using prefabricated assets from Koikatsu. This raises the question: why is the development of his game taking so long?

In addition to this, Barone didn’t have large revenues during the development of his game, he didn’t have a Patreon or anything else, while Komi is thriving. In the end, Stardew Valley is an extremely well-crafted game that had far fewer resources than Hero’s Harem Guild.

If Komi is truly pouring his heart into his game and if he is as perfectionist as he claims, we might be witnessing the birth of a masterpiece.:KEK:

Last edited:

OkamiSenpai

Oct 6, 2020
Haven't been here in a while. See the abandoned tag again. Im surprised it took this long for it to happen again. Who wants to make bets on when the next "update" will be released?

Reactions: IlleniumTy
Oct 1, 2020
Given the lack of progress, I've come to regret my naively optimistic take on this game. If "overpromise, underdeliver" was a slogan, so many games on this site, this one included, would be plastered with that label just to save everyone the time. Oh well...

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Out of curiousity, care to share examples?
Goddesses Whim, Corrupted Kingdoms, Idk I think Love and Evil Things looked better but it's been ages since I tried the demo. Just to name a few.

In particular, the sex scenes in HHG are super weak graphically; Goddesses Whim handles these scenes 100x better.

ortian93

Apr 26, 2024
Picture this: Eric Barone, the lone developer behind the phenomenal success of Stardew Valley, managed to create his game in less time than Komi, despite having to develop all the features from scratch in his game engine. Meanwhile, Komi is working with Renpy, where most of the features are already ready to use, and yet, his game doesn’t even have its first chapter yet.

Barone created the majority of his 2D assets himself, a daunting and time-consuming task. On the other hand, Komi took a different route, using prefabricated assets from Koikatsu. This raises the question: why is the development of his game taking so long?

In addition to this, Barone didn’t have large revenues during the development of his game, he didn’t have a Patreon or anything else, while Komi is thriving. In the end, Stardew Valley is an extremely well-crafted game that had far fewer resources than Hero’s Harem Guild.

If Komi is truly pouring his heart into his game and if he is as perfectionist as he claims, we might be witnessing the birth of a masterpiece.:KEK:

There is so much wrong with this comparison...

1st Barone took over 4 and a half years for the game, this timeframe is bigger than the development of HHG (not much, but still not true)

2nd Barone studied IT for 3 years before developing, he knew how to code etc before he started, Komi had an idea of a game and knew how to use Google...

3rd Barone lived with his then girlfriend Amber, who paid most of the bills, Komi lives alone and has to pay for everything himself

4th Barone worked 10 hours a day 7 days a week on Stardew Valley and had a part time job for 3 days only 2-3 hours, Komi, at least for the first 2 years, had a regular job and with commute was about 12 hours away from home and he still needed to wash, sleep, clean, cook eat etc. Barone had help for most of this.

5th Barone created assests - time consuming, Komi bought assest - money consuming, Komi havent earned as much money as now from the very beginning... With that and Barone's Girlfriend in mind, Barone had wayy more ressources, in terms of less chores, more time and more spending money

Also komi is from Argentina, while Barone is from the US, the biggest difference would be the inflation rate... There are sites where you can compare both countries inflation rate over the past few years.
From april 2023 to april 2024 for the US it went from 4,9% to 3,4%, in Argentina it went from ...108,8%... to fucking 289,4%... The way these percentages work, is that they are the price difference from now to excactly 1 year before. So in Argentina from 2022 till 2023 the prices were +108,8%, what costed in 2022 100 Pesos, costed in 2023 208,8 Pesos...
And from 2023 to 2024 the prices were +289,4% that means what costed in 2023 100 Pesos costs in 2024 289,4 Pesos
What costed in 2022 100 Pesos costs in 2024 604,27 Pesos...
The years before that werent much better.. In short, their economy is fucked and if it stays that way, in a not so distant future will completly collapse...

And well for Komi, living in a country where your rent goes up by 20-30% every month and the cost of bread could double anytime everyday, i dont think this game is his biggest problem, nor priority if he doesnt know if he can eat...

Also, also Barone's Family never had money problems, with Argentinas economy, how do you think its for Komis family and friends?

BTW Why the abonded tag? On Discord, X(Twitter) and his Roadmap there are weekly updates and on itch he answers comments almost everyday...

Edit: And yes, im a lurker i normally dont comment, yours just pissed me off a bit too much. Sorry if this was a bit harsh, no bad feelings, just please, look up the facts first and dont just assume stuff..
Have a nice day

Last edited:

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023

1st Barone took over 4 and a half years for the game, this timeframe is bigger than the development of HHG (not much, but still not true)

2nd Barone studied IT for 3 years before developing, he knew how to code etc before he started, Komi had an idea of a game and knew how to use Google...

3rd Barone lived with his then girlfriend Amber, who paid most of the bills, Komi lives alone and has to pay for everything himself

4th Barone worked 10 hours a day 7 days a week on Stardew Valley and had a part time job for 3 days only 2-3 hours, Komi, at least for the first 2 years, had a regular job and with commute was about 12 hours away from home and he still needed to wash, sleep, clean, cook eat etc. Barone had help for most of this.

5th Barone created assests - time consuming, Komi bought assest - money consuming, Komi havent earned as much money as now from the very beginning... With that and Barone's Girlfriend in mind, Barone had wayy more ressources, in terms of less chores, more time and more spending money

Also komi is from Argentina, while Barone is from the US, the biggest difference would be the inflation rate... There are sites where you can compare both countries inflation rate over the past few years.
From april 2023 to april 2024 for the US it went from 4,9% to 3,4%, in Argentina it went from ...108,8%... to fucking 289,4%... The way these percentages work, is that they are the price difference from now to excactly 1 year before. So in Argentina from 2022 till 2023 the prices were +108,8%, what costed in 2022 100 Pesos, costed in 2023 208,8 Pesos...
And from 2023 to 2024 the prices were +289,4% that means what costed in 2023 100 Pesos costs in 2024 289,4 Pesos
The years before that werent much better.. In short, their economy is fucked and if it stays that way, in a not so distant future will completly collapse...

And well for Komi, living in a country where your rent goes up by 20-30% every month and the cost of bread could double anytime everyday, i dont think this game is his biggest problem, nor priority if he doesnt know if he can eat...

Also, also Barone's Family never had money problems, with Argentinas economy, how do you think its for Komis family and friends?

BTW Why the abonded tag? On Discord, X(Twitter) and his Roadmap there are weekly updates and on itch he answers comments almost everyday...

Edit: And yes, im a lurker i normally dont comment, yours just pissed me off a bit too much. Sorry if this was a bit harsh, no bad feelings, just please, look up the facts first and dont just assume stuff..
Have a nice day
I swear I've seen posts with the same essential message / content / spirit as this one, in this thread before. Like to the point where I think the same person has made alt accounts just to periodically parrot this message, about how Komi is so poor and destitute. In reality, the the dude probably already made enough money to straight up buy a house in Argentina for cash, but we're expected to believe he's like sweating how he's going to pay for next month's groceries.

Somehow I seriously doubt this narrative at all - I really don't think someone in the conditions described would have gotten this far. It seems far more likely that he's middle class and lives with his parents and plays a shit load of pr0n games and one day thought "gee I want to make one of those!" and set out to do it.

Also it does occur to you that whatever details he has revealed about his personal life and situation, may be exaggerated or straight up manufactured... right?

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
So since he's getting $5,781 US Dollars a month from Patreon, he's making 5,096,548.79 Pesos a month. Tell me again how he's struggling?

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Yes. people return to this game because it was a actually interesting game. HOWEVER that doesnt mean we cant criticize this game at all. Being abandoned for a third time is not a good look on here. and you absolutely defending this game like your life depends on it is pretty pathetic mate.
The classic "criticism" argument and the "ur not allowed to oppose us!" The game is label as abandoned because it hasn't produced anything for a long time, there nothing left to "criticize", you're just gossiping at this point. Say it for what it is, gossip, and it doesn't matter if i defend it or not. It got a nearly perfect review score without me so i dont know why "defending" is even an argument. You're just mad and salty and taking it out on me.

Ibadez38

Jan 21, 2021

Have a nice day
It’s an honor that your first message is addressed to me.

Perhaps what you say about Komi is true, perhaps not. Personally, I’ve lost trust in the developers on this site, especially when they start making a lot of money, they rarely post updates, and they often have mental and/or physical health problems, which is a very common case here (I’m not specifically talking about Komi). But it must be admitted that the more success one has, the more such cases occur.

If for you all your arguments are a good excuse for not releasing a chapter after 4 years of development while most of the engine’s features are natively included and the assets were certainly obtained for free and without modeling work while earning 5k€ per month, then I sincerely hope your arguments are true, otherwise the fall could be brutal.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I swear I've seen posts with the same essential message / content / spirit as this one, in this thread before. Like to the point where I think the same person has made alt accounts just to periodically parrot this message, about how Komi is so poor and destitute. In reality, the the dude probably already made enough money to straight up buy a house in Argentina for cash, but we're expected to believe he's like sweating how he's going to pay for next month's groceries.

Somehow I seriously doubt this narrative at all - I really don't think someone in the conditions described would have gotten this far. It seems far more likely that he's middle class and lives with his parents and plays a shit load of pr0n games and one day thought "gee I want to make one of those!" and set out to do it.

Also it does occur to you that whatever details he has revealed about his personal life and situation, may be exaggerated or straight up manufactured... right?
A couple points of order:

one, you're ignoring like, 70% of the post, which is about multiple things other than Komi's financial situation about how much better suited Barone was to making his game. The comparison to Stardew Valley still fails.

Secondly, there's no reason to think Komi is living with someone else. Just making assumptions is not an argument. Komi's statements might be straight up manufactured, but I know yours are.

Third, assumptions which run contrary to what we're told, and require the second assumption that he's lying to us despite evidence to the contrary, are doubly foolish. None of us have any evidence beyond patreon numbers and what Komi's told us about how he's doing, and while we can work out what the average cost of living is and compare it to his income, we have nothing on how close Komi's cost of living is to the average. Maybe dude has Ironmouse Syndrome or something, if we're making baseless assumptions.

And finally, a bunch of people making the same arguments doesn't mean they're all sockpuppets of one guy. More likely it means you've missed something and should look over your argument again to find out what it is. Sort of a "if everyone you meet is an asshole, you're the asshole" situation.

Reactions: ortian93

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
A couple points of order:

one, you're ignoring like, 70% of the post, which is about multiple things other than Komi's financial situation about how much better suited Barone was to making his game. The comparison to Stardew Valley still fails.

Secondly, there's no reason to think Komi is living with someone else. Just making assumptions is not an argument. Komi's statements might be straight up manufactured, but I know yours are.

Third, assumptions which run contrary to what we're told, and require the second assumption that he's lying to us despite evidence to the contrary, are doubly foolish. None of us have any evidence beyond patreon numbers and what Komi's told us about how he's doing, and while we can work out what the average cost of living is and compare it to his income, we have nothing on how close Komi's cost of living is to the average. Maybe dude has Ironmouse Syndrome or something, if we're making baseless assumptions.

And finally, a bunch of people making the same arguments doesn't mean they're all sockpuppets of one guy. More likely it means you've missed something and should look over your argument again to find out what it is. Sort of a "if everyone you meet is an asshole, you're the asshole" situation.
I think we can safely conclude that:

-no one actually cares about a comparison to stardew valley lmao
-a person could be living really fucking well on over $5k/mo USD in Argentina
-If your income doesn't exceed your expenses by a healthy margin, you need to lower your cost of living

And I would suggest that Komi's behavior suggests the scenario I proposed is much more likely (kinda spoiled middle classish dude living with his parents) versus the hilarious "OMG HE WORKS 12 HOURS A DAY HIS LIFE IS SO HARD" narrative that reeks of bullshit.

But hey, you do you.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
And I think we can agree that:
-Someone brought up a comparison to Stardew Valley and so presumably cares about it
-Komi is not actually making 5k/mo since Patreon and the government both have their own cuts to take
-It is not always possible to lower your cost of living, especially if doing so means putting yourself in physical danger (which is very possible, in South America)

It's easy to assume you're right, but that doesn't mean it's so.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
It seems far more likely that he's middle class and lives with his parents and plays a shit load of pr0n games
are we still talking about Komi or you?
as opposed to the details provided by a random no-face forum user who has no ties to him at all? hmmmm, gee that's a tough one. A random stranger or Komi himself?....:unsure:

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
Screenshot 2024-05-23 003320.png
What the hell happened here? IIrc, someone asked "why does anyone care what other people do with their money?", I answered that question, and nobody else had anything to say about it. (Apart from the surprising amount of likes it got.)

"Take the debate elsewhere"? Take what debate elsewhere? It was a one and done question and answer, and as far as I saw there was neither a debate, nor was there anything left for me to take anywhere else!

Reactions: 4notherRandomGuy

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
So since he's getting $5,781 US Dollars a month from Patreon, he's making 5,096,548.79 Pesos a month. Tell me again how he's struggling?
I am from South America. Many Americans really have no clue how strong the Dollar is in poor countries. For reference, a monthly minimum wage on my country is about 300 Dollars. At $6k+ a month you are literally in the top 1% earnings and can live like a king. If you say he's struggling you don't know what you're talking about.

4.50 star(s) 206 Votes