hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
The overarching story was bleh I agree. But early on the characters were pretty well written, I enjoyed a lot of the scenes interacting them and some funny shit happened, there was a point where it felt like the game was getting good but then it fizzled out.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
42 renders with one H-scene per two months?
Maaaan, this game is so fucking dead.
Holy fuck, I think I snapped my own neck trying to watch those goalposts move that fast.

"Why isn't Komi working on the game! It's a scam!"
"Komi is working on the game, here's a post from Komi saying so."
"Komi is lying about working on the game! It's a scam!"
"Komi is working on the game, here's an organizational site stating exactly what's been worked on recently and when."
"Komi is using 42 renders for one H-scene! It's a scam!"

Mar 6, 2021
Holy fuck, I think I snapped my own neck
Get some help already and keep yourself safe then.
Komi is using 42 renders for one H-scene! It's a scam!
That's definitely not what I said. That hard copium is causing some brain damage, I guess.

If you can't see any problem with a lazy ass dev who barely touches his game and makes any shit once per few months AND still have it as the main source of income, then... Sigh...
Then we have nothing to discuss

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I don't know I just remembered about the game and decided to look at it. So all the prologue was released more than 4 years ago. The original promise was chapter by the end of 2021 and since then it looks like close to zero progress. It may be hard as he set quite a high level for himself originally but it is dead at best he would release the next part somewhere next year but that's all. So pity but yeah bad practice on dev side
that wasn't for you
That's definitely not what I said. That hard copium is causing some brain damage, I guess.

If you can't see any problem with a lazy ass dev who barely touches his game and makes any shit once per few months AND still have it as the main source of income, then... Sigh...
That still doesn't explain why you are still here, you're coping just as much by returning. By your own logic, why would he have to change anything? If there is nothing he can do that will get rid of you. You don't even pay him so you have less of a reason for returning then the ones who actually invested in him. Only reason left is coping, you return to cope with the fact that its not updated yet, which would explain why you're projecting so much.

• Haha
Reactions: Elyauris

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Get some help already and keep yourself safe then.

Bro, dude's making 42 renders every 2 months. That's a pretty fuckin' decent clip that most games don't get to.

Don't accuse me of being on copium while you huff it trying to justify your own biases.

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
Hey guys i just made 178 gajilion of renders, DONATE TO MY PATREON.
Typing and saying shit, is one thing, delivering what you said is another. Who knows what he mean by those numbers. I remember in 00s getting H-Games and they loved to say "1000 HCGs", reality is it is like 10 CG with 100 minor variants of mouth or liquid on body.

Reactions: Mortavius

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Every time I visit this thread, it's the same fucking argument with the same tired points. The dev is clearly working on the game, albeit at a snail's pace, and he definitely doesn't give a shit about trying to stick to any kind of deadline. He can afford to satisfy his perfectionism and work at his own leisure because his core audience will support him no matter what. That's it, that's the whole fucking deal.
There are only two options left: board his train and prepare yourself for a long ass wait, or gtfo and pay devs, who actually try to adhere to a rough development cycle, that doesn't suck at time management and keep the promises they make.
People need to stop involving others in their weird fetish play, where they argue over the same shit again and again.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Compared to Tales of Unity... ...well, yeah, sure, uh-huh.
I will just leave you with your trauma then.
Hey man, there's a reason Chumee is my Avatar. I was in deep with Stronkboi back when he was starting ToU. And something that held quite true was that renders took a long time to make. That's why the early game H was so brief - easier to make 1 or 3 gifs and put out 4 scenes than 42 gifs and 1 scene.

If Komi is using 42 renders per H scene then... That's a choice. It means they should be amazing quality, which tracks with the game we've got. But it doesn't surprise me at all that updates are coming really slow, in such an event, y'know? Renders take a while. More renders per scene higher quality. Komi is clearly going for maximal quality over quantity and speed.

If you wanna question how they handle development itself then fair, I think this thread is exhibit A on the flaws of perfectionism in game development, but trying to pretend like he ain't working when all the evidence is that he is, just slowly and with a fine-tipped brush, then you're deluding yourself and trying to mislead others. That shit ain't cool.

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
This game is never getting done due to the fact that's not profitable to the dev. Milking with the classic carrot on a stick is clearly the plan. He could've hired a small team to ghost-make it with all the cash he got in all those years. Great indie games were made with far less $.
What's sad is I see the same 2-3 people here who I remember from way back this game still had hope, still whiteknighting for him.
"B-b-but look at all those GIFs he made!!11" "B-b-but he makes 4823479237 renders per month!11!"
Sad stuff. I'll check back in a couple months just to laugh at the same people in plate armor doing work.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
This game is never getting done due to the fact that's not profitable to the dev. Milking with the classic carrot on a stick is clearly the plan. He could've hired a small team to ghost-make it with all the cash he got in all those years. Great indie games were made with far less $.
What's sad is I see the same 2-3 people here who I remember from way back this game still had hope, still whiteknighting for him.
"B-b-but look at all those GIFs he made!!11" "B-b-but he makes 4823479237 renders per month!11!"
Sad stuff. I'll check back in a couple months just to laugh at the same people in plate armor doing work.
You don't even need a team, a coder and "artist" (it's koikatsu, calling him and artist is going really far) would be enough for this kind of game, just look at mity and FET

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
You don't even need a team, a coder and "artist" (it's koikatsu, calling him and artist is going really far) would be enough for this kind of game, just look at mity and FET
Yeah honestly this game is at the shallow end of the pool in terms of visual quality; many other devs have squeeze much better results out of Koikatsu.

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
i mean u seem to do it quite often :unsure:
Of course I do honey, I try to be able to reach your levels, im trying my 100% but I still can't.... how you are so brainless and so brainrot at the same time? I am stunned by such feat

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Oh shut up, you'll come back to check the game because despite what you say you still like it and still hope for the update, you aren't thru with the game and never will be so don't act lol
Of course I do honey, I try to be able to reach your levels, im trying my 100% but I still can't.... how you are so brainless and so brainrot at the same time? I am stunned by such feat
You really should not be walking around without a helmet, just saying :coffee:

Sep 16, 2022
Is there a certain font error?(Is the author using Russian?
(I am unable to inquire in Discord ,because the Supported prompt in its Rule keeps saying "interaction failed")
Edit: Oh, I think it might be because I used an archive that doesn't belong to me
1715946200951.png 1715946607180.png

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 206 Votes