>Get called out on it
>"fuckin' nerd stop telling me I'm using this word wrong"
>Use word correctly
>Got called out about some invented bs
>Proceed to present an actual argument
>Dog piled by bunch of dickriders with no clue what they are talking about

Brokai

Dec 17, 2019
It's the same thing over and over again. Dev makes promising game. Earns loads of patreon money. Loses ambition and updates take longer and longer. Still keeps stringing people along with breadcrumbs and excuses to keep cash flow.

If you want devs to stop doing this you have to pull your support because there's no incentive to actually finish a game when you can profit off of it doing the bare minimum for years.

The funny part is where the white knights come out defending the dev asking where my game is or pointing to week old discord messages that all say "big things soon" and that I should be patient since the devs aunts cousins neighbors goldfish died and they need time to mourn, or their hard drive was corrupted for the 3rd time losing a months worth of work.

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
They're gonna announce Dragon Age 4 on the 11th and it's release date is going to be sooner than this game.

Last edited:

kazeiheikaya

Apr 1, 2024
It's the same thing over and over again. Dev makes promising game. Earns loads of patreon money. Loses ambition and updates take longer and longer. Still keeps stringing people along with breadcrumbs and excuses to keep cash flow.

If you want devs to stop doing this you have to pull your support because there's no incentive to actually finish a game when you can profit off of it doing the bare minimum for years.

The funny part is where the white knights come out defending the dev asking where my game is or pointing to week old discord messages that all say "big things soon" and that I should be patient since the devs aunts cousins neighbors goldfish died and they need time to mourn, or their hard drive was corrupted for the 3rd time losing a months worth of work.
It's true though, I can speak from somewhat experience on this. When I used to provide an online service for money, at first I was a very diligent, ambitious and hardworking person. As the months started to go by and people were more comfortable with paying me prior to the results, I started losing my drive. It's almost like a developed ego in a weird way. No idea why it happens but subconsciously I guess I didnt feel like I needed to rush as much or I could take a break, etc. I was alot younger during these days admittedly, but all things considered if people woulda cut me off immediately I woulda went into a panic and realized how much of a mistake I was making.

The whole reason for me saying this is because I feel like its almost exactly what happens. The money starts flowing in, the people start trusting you, and your just like "eh I want to do it but... x, y, z" alot of devs probably end up in that boat, they just get lazy and complacent. There is also of course the dark side where dev's just get way too hung up on perfectionism and want to make everything way more perfect than it ever could be and start stressing over every minor detail and thing which turns into a huge mental burden for them.

On the Abandoned/Patreon Discussion...

All in all 2~ years without a substantial update? Definitely screams abandoned. Patreon isn't buymeacoffee, its a subscription service. People are subscribing to patreon for exclusivity to content and updates. In Patreons own website disclaimer of usage " If creators offer paid membership or sell digital products, you can pay them directly for exclusive content, knowing you're supporting them to create more of the work you love. " People arent just blindly supporting people financially they do have a level of expectation from their support. I feel like people forget who their fans are and dont realize that they arent just throwing money into the void because they have the means to do so.

This was a nice AVN, it had really likeable characters, I was very interested in the story, but when your supporting a product and the product just randomly halts its production, it will absolutely feel like a scam to the consumers and I dont blame them tbh. Its been 5 years since this post was made, there is maybe 10 hours of content in that 5 years. I think people are justified in their response. Not trying to be too harsh but in 5 years time theres been lone-devs that make entire games from the ground up with complex mechanics, combat, questing, leveling, that are completed. I'm not saying HHG should be a finished product, but Act 1, maybe even Act 2 should have been a possibility by this point.

Hopefully Dev actually comes back and delivers, who knows but I also feel like the white knighting is a bit silly.
Also I always see hard-drive failure as a thing that hangs not only devs, but content creators and the like alot and I just dunno what they do their systems. Same SSD/SSHD for 4 years, still going strong, what in gods name happens to them lol. Do people just manhandle their PCs or something?

Last edited:

Blazin Phoenix

Dec 5, 2022
long post that isn't really necessary to quote for the response
Congrats, you found a definition in a source on the internet that defines in the way you want. I didn't go try to find every possible dictionary out there to show it was the only definition. I used the one that came up first in a google search because it seems to me that would be the most widely used one. My point that there is a definition that, a number of us use, that specifically relates to legal matters still applies because we are discussing how we each define the word and reacting to it.

Lets take a step back here, because it feels like we are talking past each other and have drifted into the weeds when we start arguing about definitions and other semantics. I think the main point is a number of us feel, because of the definitions we use, that you are going too far when you call the dev a conman or a scammer (because we link it to something you can take to authorities). You and many others seem to feel, by your definitions, that the dev is a conman or a scammer because you feel he is dishonest.

Hopefully I got that main point described right. If that's not your point please let me know what it is so I can represent your argument accurately.

If the above is a good summary, I have a couple of questions about this situation if you don't mind:

First, is it fair to call someone dishonest for not meeting a target goal that was set?
For instance if you tell someone you will be somewhere in 15 minutes (and honestly think you will be able to do that) but then you get stuck in traffic or an accident or anything else and it takes you 30 minutes or you don't get there at all because of something more serious - are you being dishonest? Does it become dishonest from your point of view if it happens multiple times? Lets assume that each time the person making the estimate honestly believed they would be able to make the target timeframe this time.

Now if you want to say that someone making estimates like that is unreliable, I can agree, and I think you should make life decisions and take actions reflecting this change in confidence level of the person's reliability.

Speaking of decisions and actions related to missed target deadlines leads me to my next, and perhaps more important, question:

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Are you hoping to get a refund? Do you just want to insult and or slander the dev? Are you trying to prevent people from supporting the project if they want to? What exactly is the goal or point of all this conman and scammer type talk?

Reactions: Kantanshi

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
Lets take a step back here, because it feels like we are talking past each other and have drifted into the weeds when we start arguing about definitions and other semantics. I think the main point is a number of us feel, because of the definitions we use, that you are going too far when you call the dev a conman or a scammer (because we link it to something you can take to authorities).
> You use words wrong!
> Provides actual definitions and multiple examples to prove that I indeed used words correctly.
> Well, lets not get stuck on semantics.

I didn't go try to find every possible dictionary out there to show it was the only definition. I used the one that came up first in a google search because it seems to me that would be the most widely used one. My point that there is a definition that, a number of us use, that specifically relates to legal matters still applies because we are discussing how we each define the word and reacting to it.
First definition on google is incorrect if you apply it to proper legal definitions. If i start googling math/stats questions, there is soo many straight up WRONG definitions, it is ridiculous. Only thing it proves that you can't do a proper research. Dude even wikipedia has a better definition than what you pulled out. Shame.

Congrats, you found a definition in a source on the internet that defines in the way you want.
"No u" isn't a great own dude.

You and many others seem to feel, by your definitions, that the dev is a conman or a scammer because you feel he is dishonest.
We don't feel, he is dishonest. It is easy to prove that he is dishonest. I know what you trying to do, set me up that Komi is 'Unreliable' instead of 'Dishonest'. He is both brother. Both.

First, is it fair to call someone dishonest for not meeting a target goal that was set?
For instance if you tell someone you will be somewhere in 15 minutes (and honestly think you will be able to do that) but then you get stuck in traffic or an accident or anything else and it takes you 30 minutes or you don't get there at all because of something more serious - are you being dishonest?
Fuck that dude, we are not talking about 15 minutes, we are not even talking about 30 minutes. We talk about someone who is 2 year late on delivery, with constant promises to release update in "this year" 2022.
We are speaking about someone who calls you and tells you he will be 15 minute late, than he will be 10 minute more late, than he calls and he will be in 30 minute, and stood you until it is 21 00... So he calls you and pinky promise it would be tomorrow! And he repeat the same spiel next day... And next... And next....

Does it become dishonest from your point of view if it happens multiple times?
It becomes dishonest when you promise something and doesn't deliver. That it. In all devs shit happens, we trust and forgive people who proved themselves as reliable, in Komi case shit happens all the time.
I feel like i'm talking with 14 year old, trying to argue absolutely idiotic semantics. "Well you see where is line and who draw this line?"

Lets assume that each time the person making the estimate honestly believed they would be able to make the target timeframe this time.
Who cares how much they believe in "this time". To believe "this time" person need to be trustworthy, Komi burned that trust somewhere like 2 years ago.

Now if you want to say that someone making estimates like that is unreliable, I can agree, and I think you should make life decisions and take actions reflecting this change in confidence level of the person's reliability.
Good that we agree that Komi is unreliable.
And dishonest.

Speaking of decisions and actions related to missed target deadlines leads me to my next, and perhaps more important, question:

What are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Are you hoping to get a refund? Do you just want to insult and or slander the dev? Are you trying to prevent people from supporting the project if they want to? What exactly is the goal or point of all this conman and scammer type talk?
Are you 12? Because it is a public forum, to discuss and criticize products and devs who deserve to be criticized. And praise products and devs who deserve the praise. We discuss. I'm sorry that majority of people are burned by your beloved, and now most people ridicule and criticize Komi. If Komi didn't f###d up, he would be praised to high haven, how it used to be when he was posted at first. Now everyone is just tired and having fun, butting heads with last few rabid fans in discussion.

Sep 23, 2021
does arguing about the definition of a word speed up game development? You guys can call it a scam or not, but what does that do?
IF the Dev is working on this, then they know that it is not true and just push out content when they are ready.
IF the Dev is not working on this, then why should they care about comment from a site made for piracy?

Or are you guys getting off from arguing about this? With how long the thing been going, might even be a kink.

Last edited:

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
IF the Dev is not working on this, then why should they care about comment from a site made for piracy?
Oh he does care about it. He got off the ground here. He blew up here. He checks this thread very frequently. He sends his knights to run defense here....
Besides, that's what a forum is for. Discussions. Just cuz you personally think it's pointless, does not mean we all do.

Reactions: Xlr271 and nyex117

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018
does arguing about the definition of a word speed up game development? You guys can call it a scam or not, but what does that do?
IF the Dev is working on this, then they know that it is not true and just push out content when they are ready.

Or are you guys getting off from arguing about this? With how long the thing been going, might even be a kink.
You do know that people actually do come to this site and promote there games here you are funny and yes there is pirated games here i can't deny that but still new devs come here to promote there games so they can make some money and a small portion of them are scammers or they just drop the game unfinished and move on.

Your comment is funny to me if you care.

Brokai

Dec 17, 2019
I think the real measure of Komi will be if/when the update comes out. If the update comes out will there legitimately be a year and a halfs worth of work inside it? Or will there be just 2-3 months worth? Succubus Covenant just recently had a very similar issue where the dev dropped an update after being "abandoned" and the update was easily the most slapped together pos I've ever seen.

It's sucks that I've had to take a stance to never support developers due to them abandoning projects. I only buy fully finished games and would easily buy HHG should it ever be completed.

Reactions: Xlr271

Blazin Phoenix

Dec 5, 2022
Replying to your post in general:
Dude, first of all you seem upset. If you are upset, please calm down; there is no reason to be this emotional about a discussion.

Second, while I know you want to make a bunch of zingers and pokes at the definition thing I'm going to ignore those and try to focus on the actual meat of the issue which, in my opinion, is trying to understand each other and why we disagree. If you want to believe that I'm avoiding definitions because you won the argument - go for it. I really don't care.

We don't feel, he is dishonest. It is easy to prove that he is dishonest. I know what you trying to do, set me up that Komi is 'Unreliable' instead of 'Dishonest'. He is both brother. Both.

&

Fuck that dude, we are not talking about 15 minutes, we are not even talking about 30 minutes. We talk about someone who is 2 year late on delivery, with constant promises to release update in "this year" 2022.
We are speaking about someone who calls you and tells you he will be 15 minute late, than he will be 10 minute more late, than he calls and he will be in 30 minute, and stood you until it is 21 00... So he calls you and pinky promise it would be tomorrow! And he repeat the same spiel next day... And next... And next....

&

It becomes dishonest when you promise something and doesn't deliver. That it. In all devs shit happens, we trust and forgive people who proved themselves as reliable, in Komi case shit happens all the time.
I feel like i'm talking with 14 year old, trying to argue absolutely idiotic semantics. "Well you see where is line and who draw this line?"
Can you clarify how you define dishonest? Like what does it mean to you?

I can say that, for me, dishonest should have a specific intent to knowingly lie or misrepresent things behind it. For example if you honestly believe that the sky looks like a tie-dyed t-shirt and make a claim that it looks like a tie-dyed t-shirt you aren't being dishonest, you are just mistaken. If you know that the sky is blue during the day and claim that the sky is tie-dyed t-shirt you are being dishonest because you know that it isn't and you are intentionally providing incorrect information in an attempt to mislead someone.

This isn't an discussion of semantics for me, I'm honestly trying to understand your point of view here. I think it's important to try to represent others in a way you would want to be represented (which for me is accurately represented) and to be accurate in your descriptions.

Are you 12? Because it is a public forum, to discuss and criticize products and devs who deserve to be criticized. And praise products and devs who deserve the praise. We discuss. I'm sorry that majority of people are burned by your beloved, and now most people ridicule and criticize Komi. If Komi didn't f###d up, he would be praised to high haven, how it used to be when he was posted at first. Now everyone is just tired and having fun, butting heads with last few rabid fans in discussion.
That's fine.... I agree about your right to discuss and criticize, I'm still curious of what your goal is with making the comments.

I feel that if you are taking time out of your day to talk on here about this rather than spend your time playing a game or doing something else with your energy you would have a purpose behind it. Maybe to shame Komi into making more content or something? Or are you doing it just to pass the time because you are bored and find this stuff entertaining? I'd honestly just like to know to better understand your point of view.

Blazin Phoenix

Dec 5, 2022
Oh he does care about it. He got off the ground here. He blew up here. He checks this thread very frequently. He sends his knights to run defense here....
Besides, that's what a forum is for. Discussions. Just cuz you personally think it's pointless, does not mean we all do.
If it matters (since a few people seem to think that I'm on here on behalf of Komi or something), I'm not on here because anyone sent me or anything. I got on here and went to the last page of the forum posts because I had played the game about a year ago and wondered if there was any news about the development then saw a post that I wanted to encourage and one thing lead to another and here we are.

The reason I'm making my arguments in defense of his character is because I want to see more content from the game. To me that's a lot more likely to occur if he doesn't feel like shit from people getting on his case for missing his goals to release content. While some people are motivated by negative posts, I feel that's not most people and I have no reason to believe that Komi is one of those people.

I think the productive way to discuss the game delays and stuff would be something along the lines of 'Hey Komi, I've pulled my support because I feel development is too slow. I hope you make more and would support you in the future if you do.' Or to commiserate with others by saying 'Yeah it sucks that the game hasn't been updated. I hope that changes soon.'

At least for me (if I was the dev) those kinds of posts would make me feel like I wanted to update the game and motivate me to make update posts about what was going on etc. even if all of the people stopped supporting me with money. I'd think that posts calling him a conman and complaining with things like 'why don't you put out an update you dishonest shit' would make me (once again if I was the dev) walk away from the project and not really care to produce anything new.

I have very seldom seen finger pointing and name calling result in resolving any issue or getting anything done. More commonly I see people shift their focus to defending themselves or shutting down rather than focusing on resolving the issue when that kind of thing occurs. That's not to say that I don't understand the emotional desire to point fingers, I certainly fall into the same trap myself reasonably often, but I think it's best that when we fall into that trap the people who aren't emotional should try to help remind others that the finger pointing isn't productive.

Reactions: Kantanshi

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
Blazin Phoenix said:
I think you people need a dictionary
Blazin Phoenix said:
Second, while I know you want to make a bunch of zingers and pokes at the definition thing I'm going to ignore those and try to focus on the actual meat of the issue which, in my opinion, is trying to understand each other and why we disagree. If you want to believe that I'm avoiding definitions because you won the argument - go for it.
> Try to own, by doing bunch of zingers and point into definitions
> Got annihilated
> Proceed to backpedal at the speed of light

Blazin Phoenix said:
I really don't care.
Care enough to keep typing those answers

riderin said:
It becomes dishonest when you promise something and doesn't deliver. That it.
Can you clarify how you define dishonest?
I'm done. Literary quoted the thing you are asking for.

Last edited:

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Blazin Phoenix Trying to gain an understanding of some of these people has reached a point of hopelessness that you end up getting better results trying to squeeze water out of a rock. I've tried in the past and ended up with the label "White Knight" or other derogatory terms. They are so stuck in their thinking that all they can really do is deliberately misunderstand your posts then point fingers, make accusations and try to redirect the conversation back to where they can complain. They make trolling posts to try to get people riled up but do not realize that the majority of people making the replies are just sighing and showing pity for their over dramatic and uneducated words.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes