Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Blazin Phoenix Trying to gain an understanding of some of these people has reached a point of hopelessness that you end up getting better results trying to squeeze water out of a rock. I've tried in the past and ended up with the label "White Knight" or other derogatory terms. They are so stuck in their thinking that all they can really do is deliberately misunderstand your posts then point fingers, make accusations and try to redirect the conversation back to where they can complain. They make trolling posts to try to get people riled up but do not realize that the majority of people making the replies are just sighing and showing pity for their over dramatic and uneducated words.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Why Abandoned? He is really Active on itch.io and i looks like the Update is Near (he said 2 Hrs ago its size is 20GB)
F95zone policy is that a game is marked abandoned when it does not release an update in I think 6 months, regardless of any proof of active development.

So an abandoned tag does not mean the game is abandoned, just that you need to dig further to see what is going on, as there have not been recent updates

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
Suddenly I felt this meme would be on-topic. But jokes aside, Komisari said Chapter 1 "will reach" 20GB, not that it currently has 20 GB, nor that he was packaging it, nor anything to imply the release would happen in the near future. Some skepticism is usually good, but for those whom are taking "I'll believe the update when I see it" a little too far, worth noting that the only promise on his itch.io statement is regarding file size. So if anyone construes that as a promise for release date, they do so at their own risk. And I believe it was thoroughly established (and even said by Komisari himself) that he's bad with dates, so if he gives one and you believe it, you do so at your risk. And if you pay them on the premise of getting anything by any date (up to and including 2050), you DEFINITELY do that at your own risk. Early on, arguing you've been defrauded could make sense, but at this point in time, it would be difficult to make a case (it is comparable to people whom bet at lottery and lose everything asking for a refund because the grand prize propaganda fooled them ─ makes sense at a glance... but doesn't hold).

1718235427601.png

Slub

Oct 9, 2020
If it matters (since a few people seem to think that I'm on here on behalf of Komi or something), I'm not on here because anyone sent me or anything. I got on here and went to the last page of the forum posts because I had played the game about a year ago and wondered if there was any news about the development then saw a post that I wanted to encourage and one thing lead to another and here we are.

The reason I'm making my arguments in defense of his character is because I want to see more content from the game. To me that's a lot more likely to occur if he doesn't feel like shit from people getting on his case for missing his goals to release content. While some people are motivated by negative posts, I feel that's not most people and I have no reason to believe that Komi is one of those people.

I think the productive way to discuss the game delays and stuff would be something along the lines of 'Hey Komi, I've pulled my support because I feel development is too slow. I hope you make more and would support you in the future if you do.' Or to commiserate with others by saying 'Yeah it sucks that the game hasn't been updated. I hope that changes soon.'

At least for me (if I was the dev) those kinds of posts would make me feel like I wanted to update the game and motivate me to make update posts about what was going on etc. even if all of the people stopped supporting me with money. I'd think that posts calling him a conman and complaining with things like 'why don't you put out an update you dishonest shit' would make me (once again if I was the dev) walk away from the project and not really care to produce anything new.

I have very seldom seen finger pointing and name calling result in resolving any issue or getting anything done. More commonly I see people shift their focus to defending themselves or shutting down rather than focusing on resolving the issue when that kind of thing occurs. That's not to say that I don't understand the emotional desire to point fingers, I certainly fall into the same trap myself reasonably often, but I think it's best that when we fall into that trap the people who aren't emotional should try to help remind others that the finger pointing isn't productive.
So you randomly jumped into the discussion to defend the developer because you want to see more of the game, according to the first two paragraphs. Meanwhile the people you are arguing with have been following the thread for a longer time and call him out because of his communication, which boils down to empty promises to attract new investors and string the existing ones along for years. Yet, you are invalidating them as emotional when it was your ignorance and semantic games that irritates them and they are responding to.

Again, no one cares about the delays if it wasn’t for the developers false advertising. Somehow this thread still managed to fill hundreds of pages with dimwits defending him in a similar fashion.

Blazin Phoenix Trying to gain an understanding of some of these people has reached a point of hopelessness that you end up getting better results trying to squeeze water out of a rock. I've tried in the past and ended up with the label "White Knight" or other derogatory terms. They are so stuck in their thinking that all they can really do is deliberately misunderstand your posts then point fingers, make accusations and try to redirect the conversation back to where they can complain. They make trolling posts to try to get people riled up but do not realize that the majority of people making the replies are just sighing and showing pity for their over dramatic and uneducated words.
What exactly is your motivation to argue in the first place? These people are calling out what they perceive as deception and you haven’t done anything but attempt to invalidate them. How do ‘uneducated words’ change anything about the initial argument? It is clear what these people were referring to with ‘scam’, ‘deception’ and other terminology from the context after all.

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
Short mod for automatic reeling while fishing; replaying this game for the third time my wrists determined I would be doing no actual reeling this run.

Instructions of use:
1. Put the file on game/ folder
2. When you are fishing, place the mouse on the reel's center and press "r"
3. To stop, press "r" again.

In some cases, this can cause saves to fail (due to pickle limitations). While this is rare, make sure to save often.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
What exactly is your motivation to argue in the first place? These people are calling out what they perceive as deception and you haven’t done anything but attempt to invalidate them. How do ‘uneducated words’ change anything about the initial argument? It is clear what these people were referring to with ‘scam’, ‘deception’ and other terminology from the context after all.
Thank you for the calm response.
As some of my messages are asking some people to better explain their point of view, it is only fair of me to respond when asked the same thing.

My motivation has adjusted since I've been around here (a couple years now). At first, yes, I did defend Komi. When someone made an aggressive post I responded in kind. Over time I have, in all honesty, tried to understand some peoples' point of view better. The only way I can do that is by asking for clarification. Typically I get rude responses or just a repetition of the previous post that do not help at all so, again, I respond in kind. Not out of anger but instead out of a "If that's how you're going to be, I might as well also" point of view. I realize it does not help the situation in any way, but such is life. In a previous post I made, I clearly state that everyone is entitled to their point of view as am I. My view differs a bit, but not entirely, from others. Therefore I ask questions.

I'll try to state my point of view on this whole situation.

I played the game a couple years ago. I enjoyed the game so I decided to donate a certain amount on Patreon. Once I had donated the amount I felt was fair for the amount of content that was released, I cancelled the membership. In my view, what I donated was a fair compensation and show of appreciation for the work Komi had done up to that point. Knowing the nature of how things work around here, I did not expect further work to be done, but had hopes for future content. I feel that if someone donated a larger amount in expectation (or some feel a promise) of more content, that is a decision they are solely responsible for. I have not seen anywhere that Komi has promised a release date. I've seen posts he's made stating when he *hopes* a release will happen in the past and then because of delays stopped giving estimates. That was quite some time ago. At this point, I am not sure if future content is coming, but if it does I will play it and enjoy it like when I first found the game and possibly donate more up to the value I think is deserved. If it does not, I wish Komi well with no hard feelings. In the end, the way I think, each person is responsible for any money donated and is not owed more content. I use the word "donate" because, to me, a donation is money given without expectation of a return. A show of appreciation and/or support. I disagree when people think they have bought a product or think of a donation as an investment.

If more information is needed, let me know. I just got out of work and I am tired.

Reactions: Slub

Peacekeepr

Jan 25, 2023
Well done fixing all bugs, there is only one left in new version but isn't much relevant: it's the one of mining after loading a save, the first 3 times an exception appears (but can be ignored without issues), after that you can mine without issues.
mining1 mining 2 and mining3 files have all the same error as below

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('gui/gfx/mining1.png') at 0x0000000029d7bac0>:
Exception: Could not load image 'gui/gfx/mining1.png': error('Unsupported image format')
Note: Also happens under Linux using the COMPRESSED version. (for mining1.png, mining2.png and mining3.png).
Using unrpa tricks, the three images have zero bytes, so obviously it cannot load/display as an image.

Replacing them with dummy PNG files will remove the error (it is not necessary to disassemble the rpa package ─ renpy will override any packed image if an unpacked version is available), and nothing else is broken... well, apart from half dozen typos.
Obviously my memory address differs. I tried comparing against v0.1.2 but the layout of gui/ directory differs: So likely new files not present in the compressed version.

Did not check if they're also missing in non-compressed version... Unless there are more reports, it is likely a compressed version issue.

Last edited:

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
You know that times are pretty hard when Komi #1 Dickrider isnt here and when Dick rider num 2 now comes out of the blue and commits suicide

• Haha
Reactions: Hicks222

njjohn69

Mar 15, 2020
I think you people need a dictionary:

scam
1:
to deceive and defraud (someone)

defraud:
to take something illegally from a person, company, etc., or to prevent someone from having something that is legally theirs, by making statements that are not true

You are redefining the word, which is fine, but it's not the established meaning of the word. I'd argue that you are also redefining words like "invest" but I feel like going into that is just going to be doing the same thing I am here. I'd suggest you try reading a dictionary some time if you want to communicate using the established definitions of words. If you want to make up your own, feel free; you are just going to make people confused and talk past people.
You're the one redefining the word. In legal terms defraud = To defraud broadly means trick or deceive someone at the expense of another for personal gain. .

If you constantly deceive to keep receive support by telling them "it's definitely coming this year" "It'll definitely be released by first quarter" that is text book case of defrauding your supporters. It's in the Patreon's TOS. They aren't "tips," they're subscription for content updates. "investing" doesn't matter and is irrelevant.

Trying to zoom into specifics in a legal definition while ignoring the broad legal consensus is idiotic. You argue semantics but ignore the issue at hand. I loved the game, but good games get made by people acting in bad faith all the time. And you can argue people are upset about nothing, but theses posts serve the purpose of preventing newer people coming to see this game for the first time from throwing their money away. Unless you want people to keep giving someone who hasn't delivered content in years, why would you fight against the truth?

4.50 star(s) 206 Votes