Hanfii

Sep 11, 2017
Thank you so much. I'm aiming this high.
I'm happy to know that the update shows it.

I hope for you to, once the update releases, play it and maybe understand a little bit more. I'm not going to say anything else, because as you said, my word has no weight.
Still, thank you.
Sure, first it would double the content (you in 2020). Then you said it's gonna be way bigger than the prolouge (which is 6-8 hours (8 according to you)) I remember that a few days ago you said it's "only" going to be 5 hours (don't know if you meant the future update or the winter update which wasn't 5 hours with normal reading for me at least). In more than 3 years. Normally I'm just a lurker but this pisses me off so much that I have to say something because it is a fucking great game. Also funny that more than 3 years ago it'll "probably release next month". Dude, seriously get it together.

Look at it that way: if you release your alpha/beta version, people can help you with their feedback. You could change the little things. And please, don't say you're a perfectionist. After all these years it looks like a scam. Show them it's not. Prove them wrong.

Also funny how you only quoted that again, avoiding everything that's critical of any of your work without being sarcastic/ironic like a few times already or the pity seeking way.

That'll be the last time for now that I write something on this thread. If you release something in this year, please dm me. I'd love to talk to you personally and give you my feedback in the DMs. I'd even love to voice chat with you and give you my feedback in the most honest way that I can. I'm also not a native english speaker. Sure, I don't give you any money via patreon but I still think it shouldn't be the only people you should listen to because it can be an echo chamber and not be objective. Please think about it.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
That's strange. Even Zimon from CoR got a private warning when they caught him manipulating reviews directly and nothing was made public until he stirred things up elsewhere.
It is REALLY strange indeed. My reason was this:
1690089732828.png
These are roles from discord. They gave me a private warning, I IMMEDIATELY changed everything, as I have no intention to manipulate the reviews, and they say they are okay with it.
Maybe it's just something they HAVE to post, so I won't judge them for that. I don't know, I will consult it later!

F95, in this case, was just an example. I accept my error and to be honest it was not intended to manipulate reviews.
The moment I got notified I sent a message to announcements saying that F95 reviews are NOT accepted and that, if they were done, they would ask you to delete it or I would open a ticket explaining the situation and making it be removed.

I fixed everything immediately the moment they told me what is okay and what is not to post.

Only one rating was posted after the date of the announcement of the rewards. That's why I think it doesn't make much sense for the disclaimer.

Again, this could be something they HAVE to do! So, I will consult it later. They are in their rights to post a disclaimer like that, but I think given to this specific situation, it can be avoided.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLucci

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Sure, first it would double the content (you in 2020). Then you said it's gonna be way bigger than the prolouge (which is 6-8 hours (8 according to you)) I remember that a few days ago you said it's "only" going to be 5 hours (don't know if you meant the future update or the winter update which wasn't 5 hours with normal reading for me at least). In more than 3 years. Normally I'm just a lurker but this pisses me off so much that I have to say something because it is a fucking great game. Also funny that more than 3 years ago it'll "probably release next month". Dude, seriously get it together.

Look at it that way: if you release your alpha/beta version, people can help you with their feedback. You could change the little things. And please, don't say you're a perfectionist. After all these years it looks like a scam. Show them it's not. Prove them wrong.

Also funny how you only quoted that again, avoiding everything that's critical of any of your work without being sarcastic/ironic like a few times already or the pity seeking way.

That'll be the last time for now that I write something on this thread. If you release something in this year, please dm me. I'd love to talk to you personally and give you my feedback in the DMs. I'd even love to voice chat with you and give you my feedback in the most honest way that I can. I'm also not a native english speaker. Sure, I don't give you any money via patreon but I still think it shouldn't be the only people you should listen to because it can be an echo chamber and not be objective. Please think about it.
I never said it was going to be 5 hours. I always said that Chapter 1 would be way bigger and longer than the prologue.
I said the winter thing is 5 hours, and most of the people had that playtime, you can have more or less!

I always do an ALPHA version before beta. It happened with the winter update.

I quoted that because most of the time my words have no weight, nonetheless, I answered you about the full message.

Please, for more precise information about everything check the latest Patreon post, it answers almost every doubt you have!

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Allright Komi you won me back over to your side again, you patiently addressed all the guys complaining, and you looked like the better person for it. I hope this project continues.

I also think they were a little excessive with that warning.

The only thing I'd suggest is something you probably already told yourself which is to lower your expectations on how fast you can complete updates. And when planning for updates try to use the "scrum" technique so you can balance rate of release and content.

colorcolor

Jun 5, 2017
I had role rewards for my discord to people who rated the game anywhere.

Moderators talked to me about this, and I was super accessible in changing whatever needs to be changed to not break the rules, and I followed every instruction and did the changes needed almost immediately. I have no intention to manipulate the reviews, the game has good reviews by itself.

The role rewards were there for 2 days, and only ----> ONE RATING <----- was done after the role rewards.

It's the first time I see the disclaimer.
To be honest, putting a disclaimer of "Dev is KNOWN for review manipulation" is WAY too much when I fixed everything as soon as the problem appeared. I even made a post telling my users that ANY rating done in F95 for the roles will be asked to be deleted, and, in case of not wanting to do so, will get reported via a ticket so it gets deleted because I have no intention to manipulate the reviews.

But... well...
In short, all ratings have been done organically for 3 years.

I'll open a ticket soon to take that disclaimer out of there, it makes no sense at all.
Understood, I'm surprised I heard back from the Dev themself on this. Wishing you and the mods the best of luck!

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hello. I've found the reason MAC doesn't properly work.

Here's the patch!
v0.1.2.3b only!

I'll ask moderators to update the thread soon!

Suee

Aug 12, 2018
Has progress stalled? I was following the Trello page and there were consistent updates every couple of days, but now it's been almost 10 with nothing changing. Just curious. Very excited for Chapter 1, especially if it plays like the Winter Demo!

• Haha
Reactions: crustlord12

Zagnut

Feb 10, 2018
Has progress stalled? I was following the Trello page and there were consistent updates every couple of days, but now it's been almost 10 with nothing changing. Just curious. Very excited for Chapter 1, especially if it plays like the Winter Demo!
My guess is that is slowed a bit because they were finishing the patch for the Mac version of the holiday update.

Reactions: Suee

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I had some busy days out of the computer, will resume literally today!

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
(Surely with 10k a month he can hire a guy so he can 2x the outcome speed lmao)
I've talked about this a lot of times, sometimes, more people is more work.
Besides, I haven't found someone who gets close to the quality of renders I want to achieve. Most people who do really cool renders are hours making them, and they look amazing. But when you have to do 120 renders and all of them in cohesion with a dialogue... it's complicated.

I've tried teaching my style to some friends, but I've been teaching them for almost half a year for them to reach a similar render style. I may have help eventually, but still, after the rendering style you have to work on expressions based on dialogue and etc. Creativity, effects, character movement, etc.
(Of course, that is if I want to reach the Winter Demo Quality. If we are talking about the prologue, that could be done easily. But the Winter Demo quality is the general quality the game will have from now on.)

So, teaching someone how I do stuff is discarded because it takes way too much time, and you can easily see the differences between my renders and others.
In the case of coding, I want to do it all because I'm a beginner and I would like to keep practicing and learning.

Sadly, the game doesn't need more than making renders and coding. For now, I don't think I could duplicate the outcome speed with more people.
And I commission people for GUI stuff, for the dungeons' art, music, sound effects, and lewd sounds.

If this were a normal Unity/Unreal Engine game, when I use assets, then, the speed could definitely improve with more people! Because there are special areas that need special attention, and only man cannot do it all.
In the case of this game, it's just images, codes, and dialogue.

If someone just told me that they could do events like the ones I do, with a similar style, and work full-time, I would have ZERO hesitation in hiring them.

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
This is actually a known issue in software development (which project managers all conveniently forget about). You'll hear the saying "9 women can't make a baby in a month." A lot of it alludes to an old book called . Basically, it's a fallacy that adding more people will linearly increase productivity. As you add more people especially to a complex project, things actually slow down as you need to spend more time communicating and making sure everyone is on the same page. This also causes issues as not everyone can produce at the same rate and quality.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Well yeah I more meant a guy for handling coding since on the "To-Do" List its all about about Re-Organising
And maybe another guy to Re-Contextualise the script for english and punch it up a bit (But the writing seems to be much better in the christmas special compared to prologue so maybe thats not needed anymore)
Re-organizing is making the already-done events transfer to v0.1.2.3b and then, re-read the dialogue and polish.
Polishing the dialogue requires the newly hired human to know exactly the world I'm building and what "we" want to explain, what plot "we" want to progress, what foreshadowing "we" want to add and etc to the event.

Communicating it is slower than making it myself.

I would love to see some sort of choice system in the future (E.g Punished Fara/Saved Fara) as I feel like systems that involve this give the user alot of player agency and enhanced connection to the game and its characters
Hero's Harem Guild is and will always be a linear game. No routes at all. No different endings.
Everyone will see and experience the same story.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Re-organizing is making the already-done events transfer to v0.1.2.3b and then, re-read the dialogue and polish.
Polishing the dialogue requires the newly hired human to know exactly the world I'm building and what "we" want to explain, what plot "we" want to progress, what foreshadowing "we" want to add and etc to the event.

Communicating it is slower than making it myself.

Hero's Harem Guild is and will always be a linear game. No routes at all. No different endings.
Everyone will see and experience the same story.
Do what you do how you do it. Those of us willing to wait - will. Those who can offer nothing but complaints, conflict, and strife - will.

MediMedia

Oct 6, 2021
So, i have problem, whenever this glitchy thing appears (i think it's connected to some girl) in a parking area, my game just crashes. How do i fix this?

riderin

Jun 18, 2019
I've talked about this a lot of times, sometimes, more people is more work.
Besides, I haven't found someone who gets close to the quality of renders I want to achieve. Most people who do really cool renders are hours making them, and they look amazing. But when you have to do 120 renders and all of them in cohesion with a dialogue... it's complicated.
And most of the times it is a reflection of poor leadership skills or willful ineptitude.

4.50 star(s) 206 Votes