Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari
After playing your beautiful game for the 17th time I had a question or two for you
What would you say is the most important mechanic in the game and why is it fishing?
Did you spend time with professional or competitive fishermen to design the mechanic? Are you one yourself? Are you a fish?
Will there be an online multiplayer mod to compete against other players?
Will there be a fish-lady trying to join the guild at some point and MC won't be able to resist getting his fishing rod out?
I think it's time we had answers to the real questions.
First, I don't think you're ready yet for receiving answers. You need to play HHG at least 19 TIMES.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Fan FAQ:

Q: "Is the game really abandoned?" (frantically gesturing at tag)
A: No. The game is not abandoned. It's a tag that is auto applied to games by the forum Powers that Be after 18 months without an update.

Q: "WTF!!!!11!!!BBQ!!! It's been YEARS since an update!"
A: No it hasn't. It's been about 18 months.

Q: "Why doesn't Komi just freeze his Patreon for now?"
A: Because he's devoting his time to making this game in which the MAJORITY of players are getting for free. If he were to stop taking Patreon donations while developing the game what do you think would happen? He wouldn't be able to pay his bills, buy food or buy more assets for the game which would force his hand to get an outside job. You think the update wait is long now? Just think of what it would be if he had to work 8+ hours at another job instead of devoting as much of his time as possible like he does now.

Q: "Seriously, why should I pay for this game on Patreon?"
A: You don't have to. Patreon is a CHOICE. No one is forcing you or anyone else to donate. Besides, you aren't paying for the game in and of itself. You are DONATING money to someone who has the talent (or is learning the talent) to make a game. Who has decided that they wish to make a form of entertainment that others enjoy.

Q: "Why do so many people donate on Patreon to Komi? The tag says ABANDONED!"
A: Because those people actually read the forums and other information sources and see that Komi is still working on the game. They wish for him to be able to continue his work so they show their continued support. What business is it of yours anyway on how people want to spend their money?

Q: "Why is this release taking so loooooonnnnnnggggg?"
A: When he began making chapter 1, he made the decision to wait until chapter 1 is complete. From what I have read here in the forum, he has realized it wasn't the best choice and has stated that future updates will be released in segments to reduce wait time. For now he is locked into his decision.

Q: "Just release the game as is right now. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Why are you making us wait?"
A: Stop trying to speak for everyone. You don't have that right. I think, while anxious for a release, many (maybe most) people following this game want the same quality (or better) as was shown in the prologue. Anything less would be a major letdown.

Q: "Why do you care if Patreons or free players voice their concerns anyway?"
A: Because there's usually not much variance, if any, in what they are saying. "Echo chamber" is certainly the correct terminology for this. Most "concerns" are echoed so often that it has just become an annoyance. Most of you have beaten the dead horse so long that it's now a puddle.

Q: "Why is <insert question here>?
A: Seriously, use the forum search or just browse through the forum a little bit. There's a 95% chance your question has already been answered. Many... many... maaaannnnyyyyy times...

Last edited:

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I've seen many games where the dev is trying to release content faster than they should just to keep people from complaining where there are many issues that ruin the game for me. Model clipping is one of the worst for me personally. If you don't like or can't stand long wait times between releases for a game, just move on to something else. No one is holding you hostage.

I'd love to make a game that people would enjoy. I have a few good ideas I think. However I'm new to programming and 3d modelling. I'll bet half of you don't know what it takes to make these games. Even the more simple VNs are more involved than some of you would think. Not only do you need to learn how to manipulate models, but you also have to have a decent working knowledge of photography for the renders. Do you know how to work with F-stops, focal length, manipulate lux or how to frame an image to best effect? Be my guest, go and render a high quality dark scene for me and I don't mean just by applying filters to a fully lit scene. As for modeling, so many devs out there just use whatever other 3d assets that modelers have released. So many cookie cutter games out there with little variance to their characters. If you want your game to be unique, you need to learn how to make your own assets. Have you ever tried to make a new hairstyle? A tail, horns or non human ears? When I began learning all this I gained a lot more respect for those devs that are trying to release unique game content. If I could afford it, I would donate a decent amount to each and every one of them. I did donate to Komi but my financial situation took a bad hit and I had to stop.

Last edited:

Myname133

Jun 13, 2021
oof,it abandoned, it look like a good game, is the story completed at least?
i wanna play the game but i don't wanna play it while not knowing the story

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I realize scrolling up takes a monumental amount of time and effort, rivaling the most intensive cardio workouts out there, but I really wish people would learn that skill, it would save them from being on the receiving end of many a facepalm in the future. Like on that time that person said the game was abandoned literally one post below a comprehensive fan made FAQ telling them the exact opposite thing and why that is the case.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Me first moment after seing HHG Abandoned:
"OH Shit what happened? Did Kommisaris hard drive clashed so hard that he lost all models and progress and so even lost the desire to continue working on it? Or is it even worse?"
Me after scrolling a minute:
"Oh good it is only another mistagging on F95."

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Me first moment after seing HHG Abandoned:
"OH Shit what happened? Did Kommisaris hard drive clashed so hard that he lost all models and progress and so even lost the desire to continue working on it? Or is it even worse?"
Me after scrolling a minute:
"Oh good it is only another mistagging on F95."
I have everything from HHG real-time synced in a cloud, Argentina can explode and HHG will be safe :WeSmart:

patriarchy1

Feb 24, 2020
Komisari has regularly shown examples of new content he is developing. Of course, he could be putting in a bunch of work on just making pictures to fool everyone into thinking he's creating content, but it would be as much work to constantly create phony consistent images as it would be to create content. We wind up deciding which is more rational to believe.
Really? Just as much work? There's no way that's true. If it was just as much work, we woulda had several actual patches already.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'm not sure if Patreon allows you to switch that anymore. I could be wrong though, it's been a while - but I vaguely remember being unable to for some reason in the recent past.

I think it may have to do with the addition of paid subscriptions.
Of course you can:
You can also pause billing cycle:

But hardly anyone ever does any of these... i wonder why. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Reactions: crustlord12

beanlord

Sep 23, 2017
yo i read some previous pages ik this game aint abandoned and i honestly don't care how long you take for next update(the quality and amount of content will be worth it im sure)
all i rly wanna know is if there is actually gonna be incest in the future ch1 update? bc last time i grinded out this game it was only teased at the end iirc

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Really? Just as much work? There's no way that's true. If it was just as much work, we woulda had several actual patches already.
Nope, that's not the crucial issue. You can create a lot of content without creating a single update if you don't tie it together, or if you decide you want to add more stuff or refine more before publishing it.

Komisari has said from early on that he plans an update of (roughly) the same size as the game is now. Whether or not that is a prudent idea might be up for debate, Komisari said in the past that it wasn't. But the plan was to show his work in form of peeks at assets, scenes, and - most importantly - fishing mechanisms, not to deliver quicker albeit smaller updates.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes