Ren'Py Abandoned Hidden Games [v0.018E Test] [VNorth]

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Considering the speed at which the events are going, we won't get good stuff before at least 4 or 5 years. And I don't even want to think when it's gonna get to Second Happiness level of content, which was monstruous. It seems we're getting only 10 images max per update.

May be this project was too ambitious for a lone Dev and he needs reinforcements ? Not saying I dislike the game, but it's moving way too slow IMHO. I always wanted to play a remake of Second Happiness with better renders/graphics etc... but now that it's out, I feel like it will take a hell of a time to get nice content. What a letdown. :(
In fact, the game still does not have a demo or a public version. The patrons asked me to lay out what I'm working on. Well, I posted a sketch for the game, probably in vain I posted the game so early in the blog, the game has already received many reviews exposing my crooked hands .
But on the other hand, the responsibility to the patrons is stimulating, otherwise, at the moment the game would be even less.

About the number of images:
v016LoraShowBoobs1.jpg
In this one picture, there is work for a whole update.;)
I redesigned the bikini so that the straps had more freedom. It was incomprehensible, difficult, but I did it. It seems to me that few developers bother themselves in this way. The gloryhole in the wall also had to figure out how to implement it.

I don't like scenes in games, here they are dressed, and here they are completely naked. Immediately naked is easier, but it skips a significant part of eroticism.
I still have to choose clothes suitable for non-instant and incomplete undressing, this will also take additional development time.

Last edited:

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
In fact, the game still does not have a demo or a public version. The patrons asked me to lay out what I'm working on. Well, I posted a sketch for the game, probably in vain I posted the game so early in the blog, the game has already received many reviews exposing my crooked hands .
But on the other hand, the responsibility to the patrons is stimulating, otherwise, at the moment the game would be even less.

About the number of images:
View attachment 1375682
In this one picture, there is work for a whole update.;)
I redesigned the bikini so that the straps had more freedom. It was incomprehensible, difficult, but I did it. It seems to me that few developers bother themselves in this way. The gloryhole in the wall also had to figure out how to implement it.

I don't like scenes in games, here they are dressed, and here they are completely naked. Immediately naked is easier, but it skips a significant part of eroticism.
I still have to choose clothes suitable for non-instant and incomplete undressing, this will also take additional development time.
You know better than anyone else how much I like your work, even with the few conflicts we had in the past. ;)

How about you take a few months to develop and launch loaded updates? Try to make some poll on patreon and ask your supporters. You could be one of the wealthiest Dev out here. Just take your time to think about the best approach to use, content-wise.

Good Luck for the rest Vnorth. Hope to see more soon :D

Reactions: VNorth

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
guys please help, what should I do? I'm stuck.

View attachment 1374313
Are you stuck at a stage where there is a choice between "fence", "bushes" and "shed"? Choose "bushes" and collect herb inflorescences there.
You are not the first to get stuck in this place, I just did not imagine that the inflorescences of this herb would be an insufficient hint.

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
even started new game and it gets exceptions after landlady leaves. you are stuck in Kitchen .you click on home map and everwhere you click ,an exception pops up. so game is not playable.

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
even started new game and it gets exceptions after landlady leaves. you are stuck in Kitchen .you click on home map and everwhere you click ,an exception pops up. so game is not playable.
I can't understand what moment or scene you're writing about. Or are you talking about a error in the smartphone?
If not about the error in the smartphone, please send me a save, I will look at it.

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Sorry ladies but my engrish very badt, so.....
Северный, если ты хочешь заработать денег на своей игре (она действительно отличная), то тебе нужно научиться взаимодействовать с публикой. Если в твою игру имеют возможность играть 3 человека - она не станет популярной, она останется неизвестной. Посмотри на пример some modeling agency. У товарища шикарная игра, постоянное взаимодействие с публикой и обновления. И его патреон растет, как эрегированный пенис... Да что там! Я и сам его патрон и игруха очень клевая! Ты должен понимать, что проекту нужна реклама. А игр сейчас так много, что ограничив доступ к своей - ты не создашь ажиотаж, а лишь вычеркнешь свою игру из списка просматриваемых! Я бы тебе написал на патреоне, но я перестал тебя поддерживать после 1.7, т.к. был не согласен с твоей политикой very greedy :) Считай это дружеским советом или проигнорируй.
fnx for all/go to sleep
In my opinion, a commercial game must necessarily contain elements of gathering, affect another of the basic instincts, in addition to the instinct of reproduction.
Well, to collect all sorts of "hearts", points of relations, it is necessary to count the collected.There is no gathering in my games, so the games are not commercial.:p Promotion is something that I am not interested in doing at all and I have not been engaged in promotion. In addition, my first game with the interface and all its appearance urged consumers not to touch it.
The slogan for Second Happinedd can be formulated as follows - Stay in school, stay away from this game.:)

But I agree with you that too amateurish and reckless attitude to the promotion is not good. Just out of a sense of contradiction, I don't want the game to be drowned by rating.

Maybe someday I will do promotion, but for now I even change the appearance of models, in this update I slightly changed the figure of Shantrel, painted her a new makeup. Re-rendered the cleaning scene with her. I have not restricted access to the game, I am still getting acquainted with the capabilities of the graphics engine and therefore the game does not yet have a demo version and is published by me only on patreon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe someday I will make a game that affects the instinct of gathering and even the instinct of hunting. In the medieval setting, I can implement hunting. :)
But again, I will have to do only strictly necessary things, to quickly saturate the content of a commercial game, it is necessary to make a scene-the characters are dressed, the next scene the characters are completely naked. It's boring. Trying to play with clothes takes a lot of time.
11b1A.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: erikus

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Krugger
You write well, structured and detailed. Your profile is closed, but I will assume that you have written a lot of reviews and have experience with it.
For you, as a reviewer and critic, I will give you only one star.
Why I did gave 1 star?:)
Because you didn't realize that the scene is in the bedroom, it is tested and has complete settings for interaction with surfaces and simply demonstrates the ability to avoid models sinking into the surface. The scene in the bedroom is not included in the quest log, there is no reason to look there "sleepsex, molest, rape."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
After adjusting the parameters of the assets in the bedroom, I realized that the development of the game can be continued, as it is possible to get high-quality scenes.
But now I need to distract myself from the development and start breaking the trend "put a review with one star", to which you also joined.

Does your nickname imply some evil?;) Since one star for a commercial game the team is working on doesn't mean anything at all, they'll post a few other positive reviews above your review. And when you write a one-star review for a lone developer, at this moment you must carefully consider how destructive your activity is.

Last edited:

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
how & where do you click to open window or blind
Quest 1 Laura. After the 1st animation, you need to turn on the alarm clock in the smartphone. Further. In the morning when Laura is in the bathroom, go to her room and open the blinds and go to the yard.

ElPiti

Sep 13, 2018
Really like the story here, very fresh approach and grounded scenario.

This author has his own style of not delivering the good bits without some extra effort.
Yes, you call that "needlessly grindy" but the reward is almost always worth it.

I particularly like how repeating a seemingly mundane event can all of the sudden escalate into a pleasant situation. And how sometimes it forks into multiple possible outcomes.

I appreciate how this time around the dialog repeats "I feel like I'm missing something" to warn you there is something else. And how you can skip days for the next event instead of looping through the day stages.

Looks like Vnorth is trying to find a compromise between his style and the suggestions / criticisms he has received. Good job, man.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
I can't get past the chores quest. When I look at the 2nd quest for Shantrell I get this error...
same here...i cant find a workaround so far any1 got any clues? not to mention the rest of the quests are locked before you can advance with shantrell...

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 13 Votes