VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
Christ! This is just lovely...

Unlocked
Happy Holidays!
Hi everyone,
Just a quick message to wish you all a safe and happy holidays, wherever you are this Christmas, from Eleanor, Anna, and all of us here.
(4K image below!)

Does anyone have the full image? I need to see it :love:

Reactions: Krull

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
It has been 2 1/2 months since the last update. How long before an abandoned tag? lol. I know, they're working steady on revamping the entire first episode, and from the looks of Patreon posts, got the story outline set for quite a few more updates. Here's to hoping episode 3 won't be 3 months after episode 2 releases. (y)

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
If the next episode is a lengthy and decent update, i do not care if it takes 3/4 months. Sometimes it's much better then an update every couple of weeks with hard work but almost no new content

Reactions: McWoodz and Enyos

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
If the next episode is a lengthy and decent update, i do not care if it takes 3/4 months. Sometimes it's much better then an update every couple of weeks with hard work but almost no new content
Right. If it's lengthy and chock full of content, then it's not a problem at all. Especially if they keep the quality as high as it's been. However, if it's only a single day at a time like the first episode, then the summer break will last more than a year, before we finally get to University. A concern I've expressed before.

We already know that Eleanor will not become a "bad girl" in any short amount of time, and as good as the quality and writing is, people will ultimately start to write this work off if there's not at least something for them to... enjoy? It's not my intention to demean the great work of Team Erosion, especially from what I see of the many Patreon posts. In all realness, they most likely released the first episode to see if people would bite, and they'd get supported. Seeing as they have accomplished that, I get a feeling of perfectionism, from them remastering many characters and laying out the story several months ahead in game time. Once the groundwork has been repaved, the updates will most likely be 6-8 weeks apart. :)

Dec 8, 2018
Well...that was brief. Nice foundation, if lacking in length. The version in the first post of the thread is up to date? I'd love to see more.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
I know, they're working steady on revamping the entire first episode, and from the looks of Patreon posts, got the story outline set for quite a few more updates.
Wait, where did they say that they were revamping even Episode 1? Have the devs given even a tentative date for release of Episode 2?

Alice Bunny

Aug 15, 2017
there seems to be an update but we are not the ones that pay so we will have to wait unless you can pay a dollar update #9

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
They've altered at least 3 models, so I would put money on them at least redoing a bunch of renders.

Reactions: Haise01

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Right. If it's lengthy and chock full of content, then it's not a problem at all. Especially if they keep the quality as high as it's been. However, if it's only a single day at a time like the first episode, then the summer break will last more than a year, before we finally get to University. A concern I've expressed before.

We already know that Eleanor will not become a "bad girl" in any short amount of time, and as good as the quality and writing is, people will ultimately start to write this work off if there's not at least something for them to... enjoy? It's not my intention to demean the great work of Team Erosion, especially from what I see of the many Patreon posts. In all realness, they most likely released the first episode to see if people would bite, and they'd get supported. Seeing as they have accomplished that, I get a feeling of perfectionism, from them remastering many characters and laying out the story several months ahead in game time. Once the groundwork has been repaved, the updates will most likely be 6-8 weeks apart. :)
I agree with this. But when the groundwork had finished they should consider not to weave it out like for instance 'our fate' in which in my opinion the key character has to get some more action now. But otherwise it also shouldnt be like in 'Annas after effection' where the character plays the innocent to the boyfriend type and screwes other people in town 3 times a day

Reactions: Enyos

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
A lot of games lately take like 3 months, some provide really good amount of content after that, some not but overall i think that sooner or later these type of adult games will become so mainstream that 3 months will be like nothing because it will probably turn into 4-6 months by default because fanbase on patreon will be taken for granted that will stay no matter what(just see some games that havent been updated for months or year and still have hundreds of patreons, believing in everything), sadly.

But coming back from the off top, not being about this game at all - I think that if devs want to do any changes to characters and overall renders it was the best time to do it before game would get too big and you would have to redone xx amount of renders instead of a couple of them.

Im alright with that, it's one of the few really HQ games out there with good writing and not dull characters.
Let's just hope that after all the changes and revisiting different aspects of the game devs will pick up the pace and roll the content like a banana. (y)

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017

Unlocked
Character Preview: Evie - First Date
Hey everyone,
Here's a preview look at one of the characters in High Life! Meet Evie, Eleanor's closest friend. Secretive and shy, Evie appears very similar to Eleanor in personality, only slightly more socially awkward, and her passion lies not with poetry but politics. The pair are inseparable and have been integral to each other's lives since they were young, but the move to different high schools has begun to force their separation. This summer could be their last together - before university further splits them apart.
The eagle-eyed amongst you might have noticed that Eleanor's best friend has changed since Episode 1. Well you'd be right! In response to your suggestions to make her looks a bit more unique, Katie became Evie early on, and we were able to finalise her appearance. Here's a special bonus photo of Evie's natural look that Eleanor took during their holiday last year:

Thanks everybody, we hope you like her, let us know what you think!
- Erosion

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Mhm, don't really like her, too much cutesy.
Somehow reminds me of many these type character looking models i already saw in many other games.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes