VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
I guess I really don't understand why this game is even on here. There is no sex except for the force bj in the bathroom - none of the promise M/D or F/D or anything. Just a day's worth of exposition. Weird.
It was supposed to be episodic, but it's been 9 months since the first ep.

Reactions: Namco15

mosspark

Nov 29, 2018
I sent an email to the developers few weeks ago asking them to take the soundtrack off their Bandcamp, no reply.

So here's the complete soundtrack I produced for High Life:
mosspark.bandcamp.com/album/new-life

It won't be right for me to just rename them and plug them into another game that I'm interested to work with, so if you're a game developer, you're free to use these tracks for your projects for free, they're now creative commons and copyleft, all that all that. Even if High Life back online months later, I don't feel like working together with a team of such low energy, so no ifs, do what you want.

P.S. Rereading my conversation with the High Life team, they did hint that if I would or could make something that sounds totally different for other games, I basically told them "only for the games I like" and they awkwardly stopped the topic. I think it's possible that this "family shit" is scripted and intentional -- watch out for games with similar graphics and styles.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Decided to let go of this forever.. unwatched and deleted from my hard drive. Quite a sad thing because this was very promising.

Moving on to better things! take a look at the games in my sig if you're into that stuff (I love it)

Toaster22

Jan 21, 2017
I gave up after a few minutes. The protagonist girl has conniptions about peeing in the bathroom while her sister is in the shower, but a minute later she's wearing a shirt which loads of her friends, male and female, have written messages on.

It would have been believable if she was obviously part of some puritanical family, but her mom's dress is sluttish, and altogether it doesn't seem to make sense.

So given that there are loads of games to play i gave up and deleted it.

Hold

Aug 12, 2018
They all look wonderful! Are you planning on appropriating "Eleanor" for your own game? Or are you just using her likeness for a new character?
Strange, only now looked your question. I've read a few topics where stories and/or characters were borrowed from somewhere. They have a lot of hatred).

Even though Eleanor is an unoriginal character, I decided to give up the idea. If the game will meet cold, there will be a lot of hatred.

Last edited:

BigBrotherrrr

Aug 28, 2017
Wow. They are still getting money from poor patrons, am I not wrong? That's unbelievable, isn't it fraud? Isn't there some law to sue them? Or they can lie as much as they want, taking the money for what was promised, and there would be no consequences?

Haise01

Jul 29, 2018
I sent an email to the developers few weeks ago asking them to take the soundtrack off their Bandcamp, no reply.

So here's the complete soundtrack I produced for High Life:
mosspark.bandcamp.com/album/new-life

It won't be right for me to just rename them and plug them into another game that I'm interested to work with, so if you're a game developer, you're free to use these tracks for your projects for free, they're now creative commons and copyleft, all that all that. Even if High Life back online months later, I don't feel like working together with a team of such low energy, so no ifs, do what you want.

P.S. Rereading my conversation with the High Life team, they did hint that if I would or could make something that sounds totally different for other games, I basically told them "only for the games I like" and they awkwardly stopped the topic. I think it's possible that this "family shit" is scripted and intentional -- watch out for games with similar graphics and styles.
you did a very good job, thank you!

Reactions: mosspark

Ricardo Sousa

Feb 17, 2018
One thing that I don't understand is why Patreon keeps on having "Erosion" active.
I don't know much how Patreon works but there must be some kind of terms and conditions to allow the
creator/developer to keep on using their site.

The episode was launched on the 5th of October of 2018, then they mentioned it again on the 9th, no other release after that.

If someone becomes a patron it will allow "Erosion" to still collect their money, that doesn't make much sense.

I know the purpose of Patreon is to give developers and creators more highlight and focus but still...

P.S If this "project" is DEAD (officially speaking), can any other developer take upon the "idea" behind it ?!

Reactions: HairyUncle
4.70 star(s) 26 Votes