VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
The following opinion is probably not going to be popular but it's what I think:

The game looks absolutely awesome and has a MC who is both extremely pretty but also likeable as a character.

But the problem is in the scope. It's way too big, with way too many possible routes to take. Lesbian romance? Check! Vanilla? Check! Incest options? Check! Interracial? Check! Slut path? Check! Virgin path? Check! Etc. etc. The devs likely got overwhelmed, realised that it would not be possible to please everyone, got even more confused and threw in the towel...

I simply think that they didn't think this one through properly.
I had a small chat with one of the developers quite a while ago in a pm on patreon, What I was told is one of the developers family found out about the game and had to drop out of the project. I can understand that given type of content in the game.

Terribleman69

Jul 31, 2017
There's a fine line between being overwhelmed by a project,facing development difficulties and so on,which are all perfectly understandable,and literally abandoning your game with zero communication with your patreon still active so you can get free money for doing literally nothing,fishing money from people who forget to unsubscribe.

Reactions: Tom10 and LaPein

215303j

I had a small chat with one of the developers quite a while ago in a pm on patreon, What I was told is one of the developers family found out about the game and had to drop out of the project. I can understand that given type of content in the game.
That would make sense as well. Thanks for sharing!

I suppose the other devs could have looked for a replacement in the mean time though.

Reactions: thomasxlong

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
That would make sense as well. Thanks for sharing!

I suppose the other devs could have looked for a replacement in the mean time though.
Something else I was told in private was that some of the game is based on true events that happened to a sister of one of the devs in real life. Whether it was the one who's family found out about the game though I do not know, I wasn't going to mention because I thought it may be a little too personal.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending them, the fact that they continue to collect any money from this is disgusting considering it is obviously long abandoned.

Reactions: Tom10 and 215303j

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned here some time ago, he and his team were hired by some bigger video game developers company :) So I really doubt about this being revived from ashes ...

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
That may have been a joke post, since the company mentioned was the same one that is milking Star Citizen.

Reactions: Grelk

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
5/5 average rating and the game gets abandoned. The devs obviously have skills for this and I do not think they abandoned it because they do not know what or how to do with the game. They must have gotten some other job or are not able to work on the game anymore for some other reason. Maybe i am wrong, I played the game back when it was first released and haven´t been following this thread.

Reactions: Tom10

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
5/5 average rating and the game gets abandoned. The devs obviously have skills for this and I do not think they abandoned it because they do not know what or how to do with the game. They must have gotten some other job or are not able to work on the game anymore for some other reason. Maybe i am wrong, I played the game back when it was first released and haven´t been following this thread.
Something else I was told in private was that some of the game is based on true events that happened to a sister of one of the devs in real life. Whether it was the one who's family found out about the game though I do not know, I wasn't going to mention because I thought it may be a little too personal.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending them, the fact that they continue to collect any money from this is disgusting considering it is obviously long abandoned.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes