VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Karl Smith

Oct 1, 2018
My joy lasted very little.
There are several modalities of adult games, for me the best need to have good resolution, beautiful characters with proportional bodies, a good story that allows to expand the universe, the freedom to choose which way to follow with the greatest possibility to choose which path to follow, when it brings together all these characteristics it becomes perfect and this was HighLife.
Few games I played were like that, plus it was one of the few times I saw a female protagonist game that the future was not written, it could go in any direction, this allows you to play several times and find different endings.
I downloaded HighLife without paying attention to the yellow stripe <abandoned>, only when I went to get more information about possible new updates was that I noticed.
It's always sad to see games that are extinct so prematurely and with so many possibilities to expand, especially a game like HighLife.
Do any of your noble colleagues know more about the end game? Why was he abandoned by studio? Is there any chance of them resuming production of the game in the future?
Thank you so much for everyone's cooperation.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
My joy lasted very little.
There are several modalities of adult games, for me the best need to have good resolution, beautiful characters with proportional bodies, a good story that allows to expand the universe, the freedom to choose which way to follow with the greatest possibility to choose which path to follow, when it brings together all these characteristics it becomes perfect and this was HighLife.
Few games I played were like that, plus it was one of the few times I saw a female protagonist game that the future was not written, it could go in any direction, this allows you to play several times and find different endings.
I downloaded HighLife without paying attention to the yellow stripe <abandoned>, only when I went to get more information about possible new updates was that I noticed.
It's always sad to see games that are extinct so prematurely and with so many possibilities to expand, especially a game like HighLife.
Do any of your noble colleagues know more about the end game? Why was he abandoned by studio? Is there any chance of them resuming production of the game in the future?
Thank you so much for everyone's cooperation.
Just... read up a couple of pages back...

Reactions: Karl Smith

Karl Smith

Oct 1, 2018
Thank you very much for the answer :D(y)
I've been reading a few pages ago, but I admit that I skipped some posts because I thought it did not address the topic, the abandonment of the game, as I did not find the information I asked because some participant could have the official answer. again thank you very much, I will try to read the comments again to see if I can find the answers

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Episode 2 is coming soon. Wish I could be more specific on the meaning of soon, but I suppose it's best to leave them to it.
Great to see that you're still here supporting Erosion even after all this time.

Originally I was part of the boat that was skeptical that they'd make their original comeback, then I changed my mind when I saw some progress only to have them drop an OST instead of an ep2 announcement...

Figuring out family/personal problems always comes first and sometimes it takes a while to figure out. The problem is the expectations that they originally set from their Ep1 release, at least to some people including myself, carries over from that Ep1 release to now in a vastly changed world (Rightly or wrongly). So based on their original idea and what we saw, this should've been near the very top of the tree.

That's the problem that I see for Erosion in today's world. If those expectations are carried over (Rightly or wrongly), renders in 5k are no longer enough from a technical point of view despite a great start to the story if they want their story to be back where they were before.

Hell, if Aorrta can come back and drop a release with quality renders, then I'd expect Erosion to step up their game to adapt today's world. The issue I have is that their previous success may be their downfall considering how long they've been out of the scene. It takes much more to impress in today's world and as great of a concept that Erosion has, until they can show us what they can do on a consistent basis (If the comeback is actually true), then I wouldn't keep my hopes that it'll be a brilliant VN. Once bitten...

Last edited:

Shadde03

Mar 6, 2017
Great to see that you're still here supporting Erosion even after all this time.

Originally I was part of the boat that was skeptical that they'd make their original comeback, then I changed my mind when I saw some progress only to have them drop an OST instead of an ep2 announcement...

Figuring out family/personal problems always comes first and sometimes it takes a while to figure out. The problem is the expectations that they originally set from their Ep1 release, at least to some people including myself, carries over from that Ep1 release to now in a vastly changed world (Rightly or wrongly). So based on their original idea and what we saw, this should've been near the very top of the tree.

That's the problem that I see for Erosion in today's world. If those expectations are carried over (Rightly or wrongly), 5k still renders are no longer enough from a technical point of view despite a great start to the story if they want their story to be back where they were before.

Hell, if Aorrta can come back and drop a release with quality renders, then I'd expect Erosion to step up their game to adapt today's world. The issue I have is that their previous success may be their downfall considering how long they've been out of the scene. It takes much more to impress in today's world and as great of a concept that Erosion has, until they can show us what they can do on a consistent basis (If the comeback is actually true), then I wouldn't keep my hopes that it'll be a brilliant VN. Once bitten...
If I remember correctly, they did tease at least an animation before this hiatus, so it shouldn't just be still renders. I'll try to find it and edit this post.

Edit: here's a post with an animation, however it seems the link has expired. I also remember another animation of one of the girls wearing a swimsuit in a lake.

Last edited:

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
If I remember correctly, they did tease at least an animation before this hiatus, so it shouldn't just be still renders. I'll try to find it and edit this post.
Yeah it was a short animation but if you compare that against one from BADIK or CoBD, it's not in the same league. Back then it was but not right now. Their main pitch back then was that they were rendering in 5k which is my reference to that.

EDIT: Good point, I'll edit my post above just in case others get confused in the future but yeah was referring to quality not quantity.

Last edited:

Shadde03

Mar 6, 2017
Yeah it was a short animation but if you compare that against one from BADIK or CoBD, it's not in the same league. Back then it was but not right now. Their main pitch back then was that they were rendering in 5k which is my reference to that.
Right, my mistake. I read "5K still renders" as quantity of renders, not quality.
As you said, now we've got to wait and see if they can up their game

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Pretty good game, why did it abandoned/delayed? These games always give me the 'these are the last days of Laura Palmer' vibe, which is good.

blackfeather

Aug 28, 2018
AFAIK the whole team is still intact - the one who left due to family issues is the one who messaged me recently. Besides, since E1 came out and before the hiatus they've shifted art styles anyway. Another comparison...
View attachment 573788 View attachment 573797

To anyone still uncertain about the change, this might put your mind at ease...

I believe this is a newer image of "New Eleanor" and she looks slightly more like her classic self...

View attachment 574646

The Eleanor in this image is newer than
I guess girls will like new version more, because she is more slender. Girls are main fans of lesbian works, but there are not many lesbian H games as far as i know.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog
4.70 star(s) 26 Votes