VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Sexy_Divya

Aug 1, 2017
The "OLD" Eleanor is far better, the innocence in her eyes is really captivating.

View attachment 746007
Just flipped the image, almost the same writing on the shirt. Agreed about the (potentially) new Eleanor, can anyone honestly look her in the eyes and say "we don't want you in this game!"?

You probably know better than me Phanex , but could the reason for the switch be the limitations of the Genesis 3 model initially used?

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
If that's a model it's like the most realistic I've ever seen. It looks like a photo not a render. At this point it's so much better than any other model I've seen I can't really believe it's for real.

Reactions: BonusDuck

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
If they really do decide to change the protagonist (and actually release it),

1. I am glad I was lucky enough to play the game with the original model. (Because, my god, is it one of the most beautiful characters I've ever seen!)

2. It also means they are determined about remaking the game from the ground-up.

3. Weirdly, I think the newer design fits the theme of the story better, as it feels a bit incomplete in a good way - like she has a lot of room to grow into something/someone different.

(The original Eleanor was too perfect right from frame one. How do you improve upon a 10/10 design?)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
If that's a model it's like the most realistic I've ever seen. It looks like a photo not a render. At this point it's so much better than any other model I've seen I can't really believe it's for real.
You mean Killzone 2?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It confirms that the profile picture is indeed the same new girl that people were speculating in these pages could be the new Eleanor
Yeah but it is a pity it does not says when they changed it. So, for now, all bets are still off. Not gonna hope for a revival..

• Sad
Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Ricardo Sousa

Feb 17, 2018
To be honest, I would prefer they spend their time in actually working on the game than to change the MC or any other.
A lot was already said about this game, Patreon's last post was on March 2019, I guess that sums up the discussion.

I loved this game first steps, the potential was there, the story felt strong.

The original Eleanor will remain one of the most gorgeous MC I've set my eyes on, who knows, maybe she'll resurrect in a new adventure :)

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah but it is a pity it does not says when they changed it. So, for now, all bets are still off. Not gonna hope for a revival..
I can confirm that as little as a month ago, the Insta pic for Eleanor was the old one, so it was updated very recently.

Reactions: Ayhsel

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Please someone continue this game.
If only it were that simple. High Life is High Life because of the team behind it. The writer would be extremely hard to replace, as would the folks behind the music and visuals. This post really explains alot of the magic of this game..

This VN has qualities that almonst no other has in this site. I explained some of that here: https://f95zone.to/threads/high-life-ep-1-erosion.15637/page-84#post-3214185

But I will go farther this time. It's not about the renders only, this VN is a gem for those who understand cinema.
I will do now a comparission between this and A Wife And A Mother, a VN well known for its great renders.
Let's talk about the photography department, where the differences are more significant:

A dancing class scene:

View attachment 664437
At the left, from AWAM, we have an unattractive shot: the angle is not the best, it's from above and there are a lot of free space at the sides, you see unnecessarily so much floor and mirror. The image is not well balanced.

At the right, from High Life, they tell us the same with a better angle and composition. In addition, you can perceive the sunlight coming from the windows, reflected on the clothes and the floor, generating contrast, which give us a more charming and aesthetic image.

Dancing at party scene:

View attachment 664523 View attachment 664528

In both places we perceive a lot of people. But they are distributed different. In AWAM, at the left, we see too much free space again, too much empty floor. The open shot isn't only unnecessary but give us a poor image. Those colour lights are unattractive too.

On the other hand, in High Life, at the right, with a closer shot they show us less amount of people but we feel that the place is full of them. We can perceive a better party atmosphere, people dancing closer, and with that neon light at the background we identify that the place is a club, an open shot isn't necessary to understand that they are in the dancing floor.

View attachment 664572 View attachment 664570
View attachment 664578 View attachment 664563
In these other images, we can perceive the same thing. In AWAM the background is almost empty, we see more about the chairs than the people. Despite we know that there are a lot of them in the place but they are distributed wrongly.

In High Life, on the other hand, we can even see people laughing at the background, a better party atmosphere again, a vivid one. In addition, we have a closer and proper shot for the person in whom the interest is placed in that moment, we will remember them better. Also we can see that the shots have more shallow depth of field (the background highly unfocused), which let us concentrate more in the character and generates a more aesthetic image. Besides, we see images richer in colours and textures.

The most VNs have a latin soap opera's photography: the lighting tends to be plain, without contrast, all the frame in focus and with poor composition. High Life has a more cinematic photography, which includes beautiful medium close-ups like this one:

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes