VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
I like to assume that it's wild optimism from someone hoping that it's being worked on quietly in an underground bunker, and their query is going to be the one to break the seal of secrecy and explode forth a torrent of... game. I know it doesn't make sense, but.
There have indeed been legit signs of life from the project as little as 2 weeks ago. If I share those signs, people will still be posting "shame it was cancelled", so sod it. I'll be keeping quiet until the official "we're back" announcement.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
If I share those signs, people will still be posting "shame it was cancelled", so sod it. I'll be keeping quiet until the official "we're back" announcement.
Kinda ironic it has become weird to talk about updates in a thread made to discuss updates.

I understand the biggest reason behind this is that - the creators were (are?) charging their patrons without any updates for well over an year. (I know that feeling, because I was a patron myself and I immediately stopped donating after I realized the project went on hiatus)

But this thread is a place where most of us have not paid for the game anyway. (And the abandoned status is more than enough to keep new fans informed too.) So, I do not understand why some feel like we/they are being tricked by the creators.

---

PaulSmackages - just wanted to let you know it was really cool of you to share these updates so far. Even if the game never happens, these little updates and teasers have been a lot of fun to witness and discuss about.

Though I would love to see you continue sharing stuff, I can understand how taxing it must be to constantly see those kind of responses every time you share an info.

---

(What I am reaaally trying to say is - please feel free to change your mind any time ;))

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
you wrote that the developers continue this game even though it writes abandoned here. do you have any information anyone?
If the developer is inactive for over a certain period of time, the game is marked as abandoned.

The status is merely supposed to serve as a heads up for the audience - not an official confirmation from the developers.

So, in this case, he just says there have been some signs of it coming back to life (like some new photos here and there).

You can find some of them if you scroll through some of the previous posts in this thread.

--

Personally, I would suggest to continue assuming the game is abandoned for now, but entertain a tiny possibility of it coming back.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I hadn't seen this render from their patreon tier images:

1600585292333.png

She looks awesome. But if they are really working in the project, renders with this kind of quality will take ages to be done. In that case I would prefer the old renders from 2018 and having a story that can be seen.

To be honest, I think that now is just one guy messing around with daz that makes renders from time to time, but nothing serious. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
I hadn't seen this render from their patreon tier images:

View attachment 824921

Before:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She looks awesome. But if they are really working in the project, renders with this kind of quality will take ages to be done. In that case I would prefer the old renders from 2018 and having a story that can be seen.

To be honest, I think that now is just one guy messing around with daz that makes renders from time to time, but nothing serious. Hope I'm wrong.
The before is actually the older daughter (or Eleanor's sister), considering Eleanor seems to have been changed, who knows what Isobel looks like now?

The new $40 tier Anne looks amazing though compared to the PS2 gen Lara Croft she was before: 1600607455714.png

COOLMASTER

Nov 12, 2019
for now this game start very well , shame is was abandonned
The Render are amasing !...

(For those kind of render's technically, it's of course a question of time but more a question of cost and skill)
4000 € to more than 16 000 €..for a real pro graphic-card.

Also it depend how many computers dev's have and what he use, a "simple high standar graphic" as geforce 2070, 2080 for new géneration and 280fx. Or real graphic pro-card like, firepro or quadro FX.

The enginer's that dev use to develop the game.
With this kind of material, normally you can work's on pro-progammes 3d makers, like maya or 3ds max, first one is especially great for caracters and animated them (he is use in a lot of game like call of duty, by blizzard etc ) and3 ds max (more for build environement) you can also works on 4 screen'simultaneously but you need around 6 computers....renders takes 1 to 7 day's , to depend the complexity of the scene..

This programme still "royal way's" for developed hight quality game and animeted renders.but there required a real solid formation for knowing use it and they're licence still expensive...
Since 15 years now a lot a new "free" program" are creat for help creation of some people..they become quikly popular

Most time for this kind of game, dev's use enginers like unity, vn, rempy etc..(best adobe fuse CC, blender)
there are more cheaper, more light and easiers to use in fact.
But more limited and loud for created a good visual game and for some a visual novel..
(for exemple for make move the caractere face or eyes in rempy, you've got to creat gift of the eyes one by one and them use an atl for created the loops of time to aninated a simple "winks" (clein d'oeil)....It s long too created and at the end.heavy....

Reactions: babadunde
Aug 8, 2017
The before is actually the older daughter (or Eleanor's sister), considering Eleanor seems to have been changed, who knows what Isobel looks like now?

The new $40 tier Anne looks amazing though compared to the PS2 gen Lara Croft she was before:
<snip for screen space>
Not going to lie: it's kinda painful seeing the old version immediately after the new. Like, that looks like the sort of image I can put together, and I'm a baby at Daz. Meanwhile that new one is just... I don't even know where to begin. It's gorgeous, and I'm not just talking about the character.

Aug 8, 2017
for now this game start very well , shame is was abandonned
The Render are amasing !...

(For those kind of render's technically, it's of course a question of time but more a question of cost and skill)
4000 € to more than 16 000 €..for a real pro graphic-card.

Also it depend how many computers dev's have and what he use, a "simple high standar graphic" as geforce 2070, 2080 for new géneration and 280fx. Or real graphic pro-card like, firepro or quadro FX.

The enginer's that dev use to develop the game.
With this kind of material, normally you can work's on pro-progammes 3d makers, like maya or 3ds max, first one is especially great for caracters and animated them (he is use in a lot of game like call of duty, by blizzard etc ) and3 ds max (more for build environement) you can also works on 4 screen'simultaneously but you need around 6 computers....renders takes 1 to 7 day's , to depend the complexity of the scene..

This programme still "royal way's" for developed hight quality game and animeted renders.but there required a real solid formation for knowing use it and they're licence still expensive...
Since 15 years now a lot a new "free" program" are creat for help creation of some people..they become quikly popular

Most time for this kind of game, dev's use enginers like unity, vn, rempy etc..(best adobe fuse CC, blender)
there are more cheaper, more light and easiers to use in fact.
But more limited and loud for created a good visual game and for some a visual novel..
(for exemple for make move the caractere face or eyes in rempy, you've got to creat gift of the eyes one by one and them use an atl for created the loops of time to aninated a simple "winks" (clein d'oeil)....It s long too created and at the end.heavy....
My understanding is that most intermediate-level users (i.e. professional, but not bankrolled by a corporation) use several high end consumer graphics cards, rather than pay through the nose for the professional versions. For DS Iray, it seems to come down to ensuring each card has the VRAM to hold the scene and past that it's down to how efficiently can you convert currency to CUDA cores. Unlike SLI, the cards don't even need to be the same! (One path people have talked about is every time they get a new card, they move each existing card down a slot, with the oldest getting pitched.)

Reactions: BonusDuck
Mar 31, 2020
noooooooooooooooo this game is fucking awesome and THE BEST GRAPHICS INDEEED. WHY THE HELL IS IT ABANDONED????? SOMEONE PLZ BRING BACK THE DEVS!!!! WE NEED THEM

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes