VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
People could, condones the existence of this whole place too, I now check up on games prior to even considering any support and (I'm not kissing ass... much) this place has helped me in that endeavour.

Lebarbie

Apr 26, 2018
i've gotten mixed information about this game. Is it abanndon or is it in progress again ? and if so how far has it come ?

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
i've gotten mixed information about this game. Is it abanndon or is it in progress again ? and if so how far has it come ?
Okay: They went completely quiet for almost all of 2019, then there was a stirring of life early in 2020 when there was a change in the tier images, then Erosion inform me they're back and that there's a trailer and a 2nd episode called "Being a Rhonda" coming "soon". It's been crickets and tumbleweeds once again though for a month I'm afraid.

faded.blue

Dec 18, 2018
What will happen if Any Other Dev Continue this game
has anyone Dev Take a look on this games?
Not necessarily has to be this game to be honest. The main attractions of this game are the models and render quality (and a promising plot, but duh it's just episode 1). I'm pretty sure if you played enough VNs you know by now those DaZ models are pretty much shared by all games.

redweiler2

Sep 19, 2018
Not necessarily has to be this game to be honest. The main attractions of this game are the models and render quality (and a promising plot, but duh it's just episode 1). I'm pretty sure if you played enough VNs you know by now those DaZ models are pretty much shared by all games.
Eleanor's Shy and innocent look
is something <3 <3 <3

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
This VN has qualities that almonst no other has in this site. I explained some of that here: https://f95zone.to/threads/high-life-ep-1-erosion.15637/page-84#post-3214185

But I will go farther this time. It's not about the renders only, this VN is a gem for those who understand cinema.
I will do now a comparission between this and A Wife And A Mother, a VN well known for its great renders.
Let's talk about the photography department, where the differences are more significant:

A dancing class scene:

high life 5.jpg
At the left, from AWAM, we have an unattractive shot: the angle is not the best, it's from above and there are a lot of free space at the sides, you see unnecessarily so much floor and mirror. The image is not well balanced.

At the right, from High Life, they tell us the same with a better angle and composition. In addition, you can perceive the sunlight coming from the windows, reflected on the clothes and the floor, generating contrast, which give us a more charming and aesthetic image.

Dancing at party scene:

awam 2.jpg high life2 2.jpg

In both places we perceive a lot of people. But they are distributed different. In AWAM, at the left, we see too much free space again, too much empty floor. The open shot isn't only unnecessary but give us a poor image. Those colour lights are unattractive too.

On the other hand, in High Life, at the right, with a closer shot they show us less amount of people but we feel that the place is full of them. We can perceive a better party atmosphere, people dancing closer, and with that neon light at the background we identify that the place is a club, an open shot isn't necessary to understand that they are in the dancing floor.

awam5.jpg high life2 4.jpg
awam6.jpg high life2 3.jpg
In these other images, we can perceive the same thing. In AWAM the background is almost empty, we see more about the chairs than the people. Despite we know that there are a lot of them in the place but they are distributed wrongly.

In High Life, on the other hand, we can even see people laughing at the background, a better party atmosphere again, a vivid one. In addition, we have a closer and proper shot for the person in whom the interest is placed in that moment, we will remember them better. Also we can see that the shots have more shallow depth of field (the background highly unfocused), which let us concentrate more in the character and generates a more aesthetic image. Besides, we see images richer in colours and textures.

The most VNs have a latin soap opera's photography: the lighting tends to be plain, without contrast, all the frame in focus and with poor composition. High Life has a more cinematic photography, which includes beautiful medium close-ups like this one:

high life 6.jpg

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
I will never understand why they stopped this gem. They could earned an absurd amount of money.

faded.blue

Dec 18, 2018
This VN has qualities that almonst no other has in this site. I explained some of that here: https://f95zone.to/threads/high-life-ep-1-erosion.15637/page-84#post-3214185

But I will go farther this time. It's not about the renders only, this VN is a gem for those who understand cinema.
I will do now a comparission between this and A Wife And A Mother, a VN well known for its great renders.
Let's talk about the photography department, where the differences are more significant:

A dancing class scene:

View attachment 664437
At the left, from AWAM, we have an unattractive shot: the angle is not the best, it's from above and there are a lot of free space at the sides, you see unnecessarily so much floor and mirror. The image is not well balanced.

At the right, from High Life, they tell us the same with a better angle and composition. In addition, you can perceive the sunlight coming from the windows, reflected on the clothes and the floor, generating contrast, which give us a more charming and aesthetic image.

Dancing at party scene:

View attachment 664523 View attachment 664528

In both places we perceive a lot of people. But they are distributed different. In AWAM, at the left, we see too much free space again, too much empty floor. The open shot isn't only unnecessary but give us a poor image. Those colour lights are unattractive too.

On the other hand, in High Life, at the right, with a closer shot they show us less amount of people but we feel that the place is full of them. We can perceive a better party atmosphere, people dancing closer, and with that neon light at the background we identify that the place is a club, an open shot isn't necessary to understand that they are in the dancing floor.

View attachment 664572 View attachment 664570
View attachment 664578 View attachment 664563
In these other images, we can perceive the same thing. In AWAM the background is almost empty, we see more about the chairs than the people. Despite we know that there are a lot of them in the place but they are distributed wrongly.

In High Life, on the other hand, we can even see people laughing at the background, a better party atmosphere again, a vivid one. In addition, we have a closer and proper shot for the person in whom the interest is placed in that moment, we will remember them better. Also we can see that the shots have more shallow depth of field (the background highly unfocused), which let us concentrate more in the character and generates a more aesthetic image. Besides, we see images richer in colours and textures.

The most VNs have a latin soap opera's photography: the lighting tends to be plain, without contrast, all the frame in focus and with poor composition. High Life has a more cinematic photography, which includes beautiful medium close-ups like this one:

Ah, I played this quite a long time ago so I forgot what makes it good, thanks for reminding us. However, this may be one of the reasons why it's abandoned. I think there's a reason why nobody else have done it like this and I doubt it's due to skills. I can only imagine the absurd amount of time needed to plan every shot in this way and this much details, and hence the dedication and probably money needed to make more episodes and stick with this ambition.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes