3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

logan0891

Mar 26, 2020
PeterSnayde
I have a question for the creator of this game - I'm in the early stages of your game and I'm doing missions in warehouse 6 - there are a few mini games that you have to do to be able to navigate through the warehouse but time to do them is about 1 or 2 seconds :oops: - is that a intentional or something is wrong with my game

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
PeterSnayde, incidentally, having just started the game after last update, might I suggest locking unfinished or non-existent content behind stopgap responses instead of letting players run into it? For example, at the very start of the game it's possible to come out and meet the lawyer while naked after shower, but it goes entirely unremarked upon by either character, which is extremely jarring, while forcing the protagonist to dress would not only preserve versimilitude, but also entice player with a possibility of there being an event in the future.

For the same reason character sprite in various states of undress is also pretty urgently needed - presence or lack of interactivity with the player's character makes for a significant impact on how the game feels.
The clothes system with requirements of going outside in minimal clothing is not done yet. As I said earlier - it's part of bigger system. Once I'll finish it - this mechanics will be implemented. I'm searching for artist, who will be able to do it, but at the moment our funds needed for other things.

PeterSnayde
I have a question for the creator of this game - I'm in the early stages of your game and I'm doing missions in warehouse 6 - there are a few mini games that you have to do to be able to navigate through the warehouse but time to do them is about 1 or 2 seconds :oops: - is that a intentional or something is wrong with my game
Probably You chose the "Hard" difficulty at start of game. It's really give You 3 seconds of input in similar mini-games.

Reactions: L777

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for this game? I have these events so far but what to do next?
You have to interact with the right people in the right time (for example the journal says you have to visit the workshop of Ryse and await the militaries will capture the thief), but there is also the possibility that some of those events are unfinished, so you might have also to await for the next release; I didn't have yet the time to play, so I can't say which events are been completed and which not.
Anyway and for what I can see by yours attachement, it seems a quest log extremely well done: it is clear, exhaustive and precise. I have only a suggestion: to add the words "Quest unfinished" if an event is unfinished and if Peter Snayde didn't already do that.

Last edited:

BFGhost

Aug 13, 2017
PeterSnayde Hi! My main problem with the game is that I wanted to try the core mechanics announced by the game but couldn't find them! For me, the whole game till v0.4 consisted of intro and two jobs, one uninteresting and one WIP with a lot of placeholders that appear randomly (so u really cant tell if there is more content to see or not). And of course no quest journal or walkthrough. I really liked the setting, but seeing this could simply not justify supporting the game. Finally, with v0.4 and some help from new journal I was able to get to dungeon mechanics - on my third try! (First one was with v0.2). And yeah, it's awesome idea that's adequately implemented, but man... IMHO that's the game's main problem. Demo version does not present to players game features that make it unique - the very features you worked so hard to invent and implement. Another example - after completing v0.4 i was 99% sure that difficulty level choice that mentions qte was for future versions - but NO! Some quest in the game utilizes qte! Journal is no help, it's not an unavoidable scripted event - it's just hidden, apparenlty good enough or bugged enough that I cant find a way to get it. Some warehouse somewhere with some conditions to get into... Why on earth would tou do it that way? Apparenlty, hidden quests in RPG about journalist is a great idea - but not in the demo! Not when it is the only quest that shows one of the core mechanics of the game! And who knows since what version this quest was in the game. I sure don't. Even now, having seen what I managed to dig in demo - the game has a lot to like : unusual setting, perculiar approach on plot development based on both the ability to gather information and presenting it in a certain way, fresh view on dungeons. A lot of potential. But presentation of games features in demo... I'm sure there were a lot of players that tried the demo and disregarded it cause they could not get to the good stuff. You might want to work on the presentation, so that people can see what is the game really about, and support it. Sorry if it came out rude, I got a bit emotional. Just trying to help, cause now I would really like for ths game to develop.
PS. Could you give me a hint on where to find this warehouse building and what are the conditions for this quest? I would stiil like to try your idea of qte mechanics. Pleeeease? )

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand what do you mean with the hidden quest: for what I recall about the warehouse quest (and if I have understood what warehouse are you talking about) the dialogues explain perfectly where it is and when you have to get into it. Instead the journal (or quest log) is more a memorandum than a walkthrough: its purpose isn't explain what choices you have to do in order to solve the game, but to remind you what quests you have to solve to progress in the game and what is their events progression; at least this is how I mean a journal/quest log.
Anyway if I have understood what warehouse are you talking about, the same person who ask to you to get into it, is the one who say where the warehouse is and when you can get into it.

About the qte mechanics I can't help you because I haven't still played the new release of the games, but for what I recall my issues with them were due more to a lack of reactivity, than some bugs in the game.

Last edited:

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
PeterSnayde Hi! My main problem with the game is that I wanted to try the core mechanics announced by the game but couldn't find them! For me, the whole game till v0.4 consisted of intro and two jobs, one uninteresting and one WIP with a lot of placeholders that appear randomly (so u really cant tell if there is more content to see or not). And of course no quest journal or walkthrough. I really liked the setting, but seeing this could simply not justify supporting the game. Finally, with v0.4 and some help from new journal I was able to get to dungeon mechanics - on my third try! (First one was with v0.2). And yeah, it's awesome idea that's adequately implemented, but man... IMHO that's the game's main problem. Demo version does not present to players game features that make it unique - the very features you worked so hard to invent and implement. Another example - after completing v0.4 i was 99% sure that difficulty level choice that mentions qte was for future versions - but NO! Some quest in the game utilizes qte! Journal is no help, it's not an unavoidable scripted event - it's just hidden, apparenlty good enough or bugged enough that I cant find a way to get it. Some warehouse somewhere with some conditions to get into... Why on earth would tou do it that way? Apparenlty, hidden quests in RPG about journalist is a great idea - but not in the demo! Not when it is the only quest that shows one of the core mechanics of the game! And who knows since what version this quest was in the game. I sure don't. Even now, having seen what I managed to dig in demo - the game has a lot to like : unusual setting, perculiar approach on plot development based on both the ability to gather information and presenting it in a certain way, fresh view on dungeons. A lot of potential. But presentation of games features in demo... I'm sure there were a lot of players that tried the demo and disregarded it cause they could not get to the good stuff. You might want to work on the presentation, so that people can see what is the game really about, and support it. Sorry if it came out rude, I got a bit emotional. Just trying to help, cause now I would really like for ths game to develop.
PS. Could you give me a hint on where to find this warehouse building and what are the conditions for this quest? I would stiil like to try your idea of qte mechanics. Pleeeease? )
Hi there! A lot of reasonable questions, and I have answers for them!
About state of project (this will touch some part of what You mentioned):
When I first released this project on Patreon in October - I mentioned, that this is very early release. The only reason why I post this project without even some core features - it's because I wasn't able to continue developing it without support. I wanted to make my first release better, but wasn't able to achieve it. For this I do ask a forgiveness from You, and all who fell the same.
This project is making by a team of different people, who contribute their skills and time to make some parts of project. After first release in October and till this moment - I was forced to renew my team almost completely (and still searching for people with specific skills) to continue development of planned features. It's happened due to circumstances in life of team members, because Life can be very unpredictable and Murphy's laws really works fine due all development. Because of such sudden changes my great plans to make updates better/faster with implemented of planned features - was greatly ruined. But there is nothing I can do about it, except starting to search of new team members.
At the moment I have stable team(I hope it will be stable team at least for next few month), and with them I'm working on planed features and mechanics(scenes and text's are writing, animation and new art's are in process).
About Quest Journal:
It's main purpose - is to help You to keep a track of what You already discovered, and not to forget to what you agreed in some dialogues. It's not a guide, it's just a journal.
About QTE and warehouse:
Go east from the Market square(there is only 1 way to east) at night(I assume you need to work in pub do do it). If You already received this quest - You will circle mark near needed warehouse(should 3-rd warehouse). Advice - try to have the items, that was given to You by that merchant.)
About hidden Quests:
I already tried to put "exclamation" marks here and there, so the player shouldn't miss the main stuff, but If I'll mark every important person/place - it will ruin feeling of discovery and unexpected adventure, which I want to make from the very beginning, when I was inspired by idea to make this project.

Reactions: TNTed

BFGhost

Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for the reply! Yes, things could become quite messy if the team is constantly renewing (. Got the the idea behind the journal - its cool. And totally agree with an atmothphere of "discovery and unexpected adventure" as an intented focus for the game. Well, i'll just wish you luck and see where the game goes from here, I guess ). I'm sure you'll do your best!

Reactions: PeterSnayde

DarkForse

Sep 23, 2017
Game with no content and full of BUGS !!! Tried few updates and that is my personal opinion no offence to game developers or people that like it !!!

P.S. if you like it don't mind my comment i do like the game environment and all but the story and content well its just missing ...

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I have found three (minor) bugs: the first one is when Adelina change her clothes to work in the pub: she change also her hair, the second one is in the Court: at a certain point, when Adelina goes to report the bag-snatching, the judge ask to the guy with her (I don't remember his name) who he is and the guy answer in the same window, leaving the impression that the Judge is answering to himself, and the last bug is in the warehouse: sometimes Adelina is able to left the "suspended footbridge" to start to walk on the air.

Reactions: PeterSnayde

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Game with no content and full of BUGS !!! Tried few updates and that is my personal opinion no offence to game developers or people that like it !!!

P.S. if you like it don't mind my comment i do like the game environment and all but the story and content well its just missing ...
As I said - I'm sorry for releasing game in that state. I just can't continue to do it without support.

I have found three (minor) bugs: the first one is when Adelina change her clothes to work in the pub: she change also her hair, the second one is in the Court: at a certain point, when Adelina goes to report the bag-snatching, the judge ask to the guy with her (I don't remember his name) who he is and the guy answer in the same window, leaving the impression that the Judge is answering to himself, and the last bug is in the warehouse: sometimes Adelina is able to left the "suspended footbridge" to start to walk on the air.
1. It's not a bug. The RPG Maker engine just not always work as it should.((( I tried a lot of times to do things good, but engine can forgot to remove some picture, so I forced to add a little delay between every action in order to make it work at all.(((
2. Should be foxed now.
3. Can You send me the screenshots, in PM or in Discrord please?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Status update #12

Hello everyone!
It's Peter with short update about our progress!

So far things goes unusual smooth.) I found artist, who made a walking animation for reworked Combat system! It wasn't easy. Most artists refuse to work with character of our size, or ask more, than I can afford even with our monthly income.( And few artists... well just weren't able to do it right(I won't post it for obvious reasons)

But progress were made:

About our bar job:

At the moment next update will include at least 11 pictures with interactions. And most "Placeholder" parts will be finished basically. It will still get in-deeps work, but for now we will at least finish basics. Here's some examples:

About new dungeon:
I've completed first few rooms, and experimenting with few ideas. Can't show anything yet, but soon(I'll even try to make a teaser video with it).

For now it's all what I can share. A little by little our train is on a move.)

Thank's to all who supports us!

With Love
Peter

---

Addendum: Please consider to support this dev even I rip his 1$ news and post'em here. I would feel better and I think the potential of the game is really good :)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Status Update #13

Hello everyone!

It's Peter with new status update!
In past 2 weeks we get closer to new build! The standing reload animation is done!

We need at least 1 more animation of reloading "under cover". The artist I'm work with on this matter is good and really busy, so I happy, that he take my orders. It's just question of time. Also I'm reworking existing animations to reduce resource consuming by games. Right now it's just using manual replacement of frames, and I want to move all animations to be shown via Olivia Animation plugin. In this way it should work better and faster, and should eliminate related glitches (like those with uncleaned frames, that just can stuck on screen).

About bar scenes - needed texts almost ready, they just need to pass translate and proofreading phases. Illustrations of interactions almost done too. we just need pass them on existing and new scenes. So there's not too much to do here.
About dungeon - still a lot of work to do. I finished basic structure of rooms and passages, but they still need to be filled properly with traps, enemies, story details. Still I'm experimenting with approaches, that I'm learning from some articles about gamedesign, but due to limitation of engine I need to chose carefully how do things right.
I hope, that You will like this part update!

Major thanks to users, who report about bugs, or grammatical issues! From my perspective it's hard to locate all this stuff, due to how developer see his project:

Special thanks to our 30$ patron!
!!! If You read this message - please contact me via Discord !!!

For now it's all, news, that I wanted to share with You at this moment. From day to day we're getting closer to finish this build. Thank You all who support's us at this month, it helped me a lot to pay for all content, that in production at the moment.

Till next update!
With Love
Peter

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Will Adelina gets her hands on more weapons like rifles and such?
I do want to add such weapons for her into the game - but it's very expensive thing to do.( For new 3 little animations I've spend almost 300$, and it can be consider as very low price. BUT! I certainly want to make more weapons for Adelina, and more animations!

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Because in this kind of games the people looks for sex content, maybe you could consider the possibility to use the RPGM's default animations (for now) and concentrate your resources on the arts that show some sexy content.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes