3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
I do want to add such weapons for her into the game - but it's very expensive thing to do.( For new 3 little animations I've spend almost 300$, and it can be consider as very low price. BUT! I certainly want to make more weapons for Adelina, and more animations!
I do have an idea for how weapons might work in game, but don't quote me on it, this is just a small thought. To start, pistols do moderate damage and have moderate range, automatic weapons like SMGs do multiple hits on a targets but do small damage, shotguns have a wide spread of fire and do damage based on how close the target is, and rifles have the capability to hit at long range and do great damage.

Reactions: PeterSnayde

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Because in this kind of games the people looks for sex content, maybe you could consider the possibility to use the RPGM's default animations (for now) and concentrate your resources on the arts that show some sexy content.
RPG Maker basic animations - I don't like at all, same with tilesets, and charsets. There is no room to make good locations (not in fantasy medieval style) for my project. I've spend a lot of time in search of this stuff in internet, and purchased I guess all packs that contain assets, that I liked. Which still not enough, but I just leave with it.
Except this 3 animations all funds I've invested in texts and illustrations. I understand that everyone looking for one kind of content, and I'm slowly doing all to give it to my supporters.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
I do have an idea for how weapons might work in game, but don't quote me on it, this is just a small thought.
Your idea pretty standard, but still relevant. I already have some descriptions about all this stuff, but it still require a lot of time and work to come to this moment.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I do have an idea for how weapons might work in game, but don't quote me on it, this is just a small thought. To start, pistols do moderate damage and have moderate range, automatic weapons like SMGs do multiple hits on a targets but do small damage, shotguns have a wide spread of fire and do damage based on how close the target is, and rifles have the capability to hit at long range and do great damage.
Actually that is how the real weapons work, but this is a steampunk game, so I think it is necessary preserve a certain coherence with the technological reality of the late nineteenth century. For example the only (semi or totally) automatic weapons available during the 1890 were the Maxim machine guns, so in a steampunk setting a submachine gun wouldn't be credible, but it would be credible a gatling-gun operated by a steam engine, because the first gatling-gun was invented during the American Civil War; even if it was manually operated.

RPG Maker basic animations - I don't like at all, same with tilesets, and charsets. There is no room to make good locations (not in fantasy medieval style) for my project. I've spend a lot of time in search of this stuff in internet, and purchased I guess all packs that contain assets, that I liked. Which still not enough, but I just leave with it.
Except this 3 animations all funds I've invested in texts and illustrations. I understand that everyone looking for one kind of content, and I'm slowly doing all to give it to my supporters.
I understand and agree, because the RPGM basic animations are really irritating.
From my point of view this is one kind of game that I can play also without sex content, because the plot is its strength. But I am not the average gamer, so my opinion isn't really indicative.

Last edited:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hello everyone!

Peter here with progress report!

This week was extremely hard in question of "High Pressure".

I've redone major part of Combat module:
- Fixed flaws about "Action Points" usage
- added 3 new animations
- added walking mechanics
- added ammo types and indicator in HUD
- added reload mechanics
- added ammo choice mechanics
- added weapon modification mechanics
(no scope - no aiming attack)

I was very excited to do all this stuff! I almost break my mind few times, since it wasn't easy things to do. RPG Maker is very wooden engine to make something, that it wasn't designed to do.))) But through the pain I'm moving to stars!)

A little change in it's design:

I decided to put all buttons on upper part of screen since it's most unused part of screen.

What's is still need to be done:
- Influence of distance to target on accuracy
- (maybe it will lead to rework of all "buff/debuff effects" mechanics)
- Influence of different ammo on different enemies
- Redo combat tutorial
- Cover spawn mechanics
- Cover endurance and destruction mechanics
- "Backward movement" animation (in next version)

Known problems:
- option buttons appears only if button "Up" or "Down" is pressed.
(it weird, but I don't know what causing the issue, maybe someone can advice me here?)

So far I'm very satisfied (in best of my ability to feel joy at all) of this mechanics!

Waitress system:
Artwork is ready, and writing is almost done, at least it won't take too much time for a basic interactions.

About sewers content:
As I said there will new story content. It will be about searching and discover of some deep part of sewers. In simple words speaking it will be big and complex "dungeon" with riddles, hidden mechanics and more than one way to solve everything. Sometimes You'll need to search for solution, sometimes chosen solution may have different outcome. To be clear - I don't want to make some choices obviously good, and other - obviously bad. Diversity of outcomes - is one of my main goals!

For example:
You chose to hit someone in a face because he tell a stupid joke about You.
- later You will find, that Your friend in a bad mood after work, and want to drink with You, and You must spend evening with him.
But! If You chose not to hit a man for a joke
- Your friend won't be in a bad mood, since someone tell him stupid joke, and he will spend evening with You, telling about how good life is.

What will wait You in a sewers:
- at least 20+ locations
- a lot of event's on locations
- expansion of story content
- 1-2 repeatable combat encounters with different enemies
- 1 boss
- 1 little secret, that right now on production

Release date:
I hope to done and test everything till end of first week of October, or in a perfect world - till end of this month(but I greatly hesitate about that).

Many gratitude's to everyone who support us!
This project won't get this far without Your support! Especially in this mad times(the world were always mad, but now - it's some extraordinary madness).

So far it's all what I can share with You!
Stay with us till next update!

With Love
Peter

-----

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Peter's work seems likethe growth of a baby: at the beginning they crawls but day after day they slowly learn how to walk and in the end they are able to run.
(y)

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
RPG Maker is very wooden engine to make something, that it wasn't designed to do.
Can I ask you if you have considered to use other engines for your game, before start to use RPGM?
I'm not an expert of game engines (so I can be wrong), but maybe other engines might be a better choice for you. In this moment I'm thinking about Unity because it seems to me a more flexible engine: you can create 2D maps, customized animations, fight scenes (see the video I have linked below, it has also a free plan for individuals, hobbyists and small organizations with less than $100K of revenue or funds raised in the last 12 months!

P.S. Before someone ask me, no, I'm not on the Unity's paycheck.
:)

Last edited:

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Can I ask you if you have considered to use other engines for your game, before start to use RPGM?
I'm not an expert of engine for game engines (so I can be wrong), but maybe other engine might be a better choice for you. In this moment I'm thinking about Unity because it seems to me a more flexible engine: you can create 2D maps, customized animations, fight scenes (see the video I have linked below, it has also a free plan for individuals, hobbyists and small organizations with less than $100K of revenue or funds raised in the last 12 months!

P.S. Before someone ask me, no, I'm not on the Unity's paycheck.
:)
You see... right now I do feel sorry, that didn't chose Unity back then... I thought, that it will be easy thing - "Take engine, that require no codding(in a first place I started to make this project on VX Ace, but decided to move project on MV at very early stage), take good art, take inspiration? make a little magic with engine tools, and whalya! - great game is ready, and I'll swim in money in no time, like other dev's".
Even when I made a first release I thought, that will get enough support to leave my primary job in 5-6 month, and will hire artist on a full-time, and everything will be just fine... I know - I'm naive person.)

About the Unity - I'm learning it at the moment.

Reactions: TNTed

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, it is and I know how much can be demoralizing start your work from scratch, only because you had to change platform: I did the same thing time ago; even if I wasn't working on a game. So I wish you will be able to overcome your issues with RPGM, but otherwise you should decide to change engine before the end of the demo.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Yes, it is and I know how much can be demoralizing start your work from scratch, only because you had to change platform: I did the same thing time ago; even if I wasn't working on a game. So I wish you will be able to overcome your issues with RPGM, but otherwise you should decide to change engine before the end of the demo.
Changing platform now - means, that I'll loose existing support, because it will consume a lot of time to repeat even those mechanics and achievements.(

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Right, right: you would have to find out also new collaborators.
Anyway I think you will be able to overcome your issues: also "Treasure of Nadia", "Succulence 2" and other RPGM games are heavily personalized and they work well, so I think it is only matter of time and experience.

OT closed: I don't want disturb you further.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes