3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
You could also look on the patreon and on this thread... He's been pretty open on what's going on. This game (IIRC) had issues with the artist, which is a large part of why its still on hold. He's since started up a different game which has just released a version.

So yeah, where he's from has a HUGE impact on game development, if you've got bombs potentially falling on your house or the power going out constantly. Obviously he's in a better position now, but just ranting about how terrible the developer is when there's PUBLIC information on the developer's websites (patreon in particular in this case) about what's going on, youy just come off as an asshole.
This game went hiatus wayyyy before the war alright? And I've been following this game and this dev for years

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
I really hope that this dreadful take is the result of ignorance and not stupidity. The dev left the patron operating as usual at the request of the patrons. We want to support him as a soldier when he went off to defend Kyiv and now as a citizen of a country under brutal attack. HP is not currently being worked on because the dev and artist cannot reliably communicate, so Peter is working, when he can, on a simpler game that he can do by himself.

No matter how much pleasure you get from your kind of virtue-signalling, we patrons don't need an ignorant and insulting white knight.
Again. This game went hiatus "before" the war. I've been following this dev and this game for ages with literally nothing added

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Again. This game went hiatus "before" the war. I've been following this dev and this game for ages with literally nothing added
Yes, development wasn't smooth, as I wanted from the very beginning. I'm not artist myself, and with low/no budget wasn't able to afford decent artist, when 1st artist quit. And with budget issue it's not easy task to find good artist and writer.
Before war I've managed to find decent artist and writer, and at last was able to put updates on stable production.
You talk about "money milking", but in reality High pressure didn't bring any single $, and even more than that - it was constant source of expenses from my salary. All patreon income from project went on it's development. I loved to work on this project, and when decet team was gathered I hoped to start to make money from it.
If You think, that my current income of near 200$/month is a "money-milking" (especially when I actively working on another project), in times, when 1/3 of population of my country, including me, lost regular jobs, due to war - well, I'd say, that You not encountering money milkers with bare promises too much.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Have you tried moving to other countries like Germany?
I won't do this, and this suggestion is an insult. This my Homeland. Since I have no military background - I'm currently not in a military. I can be mobilized to military any day, but try won't avoid it. I'm helping my Homeland here with my skills, money and labor, event knowing, that it is a tiny help. But millions of tiny help's - creates big help, and with time, and continuation of this help - we will end this abomination, that threatens not only our country, and creates many suffering to nations in east Europe and Asia. And I'll be proud to be at least a small part of this.

Ukraine don't allow for men to move out of country, legally at least.
This applies only to people who can be mobilized (healthy man in age from 18 to 60).

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
This applies only to people who can be mobilized (healthy man in age from 18 to 60).
From my point of view they trying to reduce ukrainian population to minimum, it's not visible in big cities but ukrainian villages it's another story.

Reactions: globsis

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
This game went hiatus for ages mind you. Way before the war and the patreon kept going up until few years ago as well.
Which has been talked about plenty on the thread, and the patreon is currently financing a different game which literally just released a new update...

And claiming it was on hiatus long before the war started is also pretty bullshit. Development was slow, true, but the last version was released at the end of January 2022, and Russia invaded February 24th. It seemed to be following the pretty standard trend of a lot of patreon games with the progress having issues, but there were also consistent news updates posted during the entire time (unlike a lot of other patreon developers). This is quite easy to check, even if you don't support a project, since the post title and first line or 2 is visible to anyone.

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
Which has been talked about plenty on the thread, and the patreon is currently financing a different game which literally just released a new update...

And claiming it was on hiatus long before the war started is also pretty bullshit. Development was slow, true, but the last version was released at the end of January 2022, and Russia invaded February 24th. It seemed to be following the pretty standard trend of a lot of patreon games with the progress having issues, but there were also consistent news updates posted during the entire time (unlike a lot of other patreon developers). This is quite easy to check, even if you don't support a project, since the post title and first line or 2 is visible to anyone.
You do realize that this game is still on v6? This game's been on v6 for ages. I'm talking about since 2019 or 2018. And the new game is just HS stuff as well. While other content creators either tell the community and his supporters that they can't develop the game for a while or freeze the patreon, which this person didn't do either.

pussyreaperxxx

Oct 18, 2018
I will say I much prefer this game to Dev's new project, both because of art and setting, which I think the Dev is aware of. Sucks that it takes much more time and money to develop.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
You do realize that this game is still on v6? This game's been on v6 for ages. I'm talking about since 2019 or 2018. And the new game is just HS stuff as well. While other content creators either tell the community and his supporters that they can't develop the game for a while or freeze the patreon, which this person didn't do either.
So, then you just have a really distorted memory of the game's history... The game's patreon and first release was in October 2019 (which is the same time the thread here was made). The release history is a bit of a pain to find (due to the number of news posts they make), but there were versions released throughout 2020 - 2021, with frequent news posts on patreon. We already covered when the last version was released, and if you don't count those and only the initial v0.6, that was at the start of October 2021.

There have continued to be news posts to the supporters on the patreon, which is also easy to check as I said in my last post. So they did tell their patreon supporters what was going on as the situation in Ukraine developed. And like literally every patreon, no one forces you to start or continue support of a project. It's up to the supporters to pay attention to the projects and if they continue to produce to the supporter's satisfaction.

And frankly, very few patreons will actually pause the project even when they stop development. They count on the idea that at least some people forget about the pledge even when nothing is posted.

But yeah, you're right, if you ignore literally all verifiable facts. /s

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
This game's been "onhold" for ages. Last time this game got an update was v6 which was in 2019. Wasted my money on this dev.
Well. If You didn't followed dates of version releases - sorry I won't do it for You. In 2019 I released first version of this game, nd it wasn't v6. If You really was my patron in past - You would knew it for sure.

Supporting any project is not the same as to purchase ready product. Any project can fail at any stage at any time. Many solo dev's just abandon their projects without any explanations, since they may think, that it's not worth of their time. I was patron to different projects, that was abandoned, or which I didn't liked in result. But I knew about risks, when decided to support those projects.
I stated many times, that I'm not abandoning this projects, I just can't continue to produce this project, I explained my reasons for such decision many times, if You don't want to understand them - well I can't do anything about it. If You don't like project I'm working on right now, or You don't like my reasons to switch to new project - I can't do anything about it either. If just want to express your angry feelings about no new updates on High Pressure - please hold my beer, since I'm expressing my angry feeling about it almost every single day.) Sadly - it's not helping to overcome the main reasons.(

WinKid

Jul 11, 2021
Excuse me, but does anyone know how to go to the Monocle?

I tried to go there upon being told about it after the first day work at the local newspaper, but for some reason I couldn't enter the area.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes