VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
will it be included in the whole game or do i need to install the unofficial patch?
It will remain an unofficial fan patch. Not everyone wants it in their game, so this is some extra content for those who are into it. Also, Patreon guidelines and such. No bestiality allowed in official releases there, so it was removed

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Here is a signature for Ava, in case anyone wants it (direct link: ). I mostly created it for myself, but maybe someone else wants it too. I can also create one for Charlotte or Ella if anyone wants them
Ava Sig.gif

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
????

Seeing the title and screenshots of the potential crushes, I naturally assumed the protagonist was a male. It was weird seeing my sister refer to my character named "John" as her little sister. I get that we're in 2018 and north = south, but perhaps make it clear before requesting user input the name that the protagonist will be female.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
????

Seeing the title and screenshots of the potential crushes, I naturally assumed the protagonist was a male. It was weird seeing my sister refer to my character named "John" as her little sister. I get that we're in 2018 and north = south, but perhaps make it clear before requesting user input the name that the protagonist will be female.
The game is tagged as 'female protagonist' and 'lesbian', isn't that enough of a hint that the main character is female? Also, she is shown in several of the images (although to be fair, you might not have realized the brunette is the main character when only looking at the images).

But the 'necessity' to make sure the player knowns he/she is not playing as a male just feels weird to me. Ever game is different and people should expect that, in my opinion. Don't just expect every game to be a clone of other adult games. I get that most adult games (sadly, in my opinion) have male protagonists and that when going in blind you assume an adult game to have a male protagonist. But even if you do not look at the tags, is it really worth commenting over having to spend less than a minute restaring the game so you can rename your character? I obviously don't know if you commented about it because you were just surprised when you discovered you play as a girl is this game or because you felt you needed a warming beforehand because you stay away from games with female protagonists (which some people do), but in that case I'd advise simply looking at the tags of a new game you download.

Reactions: goditseb and KiGa

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Very interesting game. It's probably the first western game that makes you pick 1 person to follow. I really like that as it adds a lot of immersion and makes it easier to write a plotline for them. Game in my opinion has a couple of flaws:
- font could be easier to read.
- it's a bit too much focused on a ladies. With FMC I expected much more guys to pick from.
- Maybe it's my bug but Andrew wasn't introduced and I already knew him.
- No bad guys. I would expect a lot of abusive assholes from such a school.
- Some scenes like masturbation have no MC's picture so it's a bit inconsistent.
Overall a very decent and original gameplay style and I will observe it for sure. It needs to be polished but it's already very enjoyable.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Very interesting game. It's probably the first western game that makes you pick 1 person to follow. I really like that as it adds a lot of immersion and makes it easier to write a plotline for them. Game in my opinion has a couple of flaws:
- font could be easier to read.
- it's a bit too much focused on a ladies. With FMC I expected much more guys to pick from.
- Maybe it's my bug but Andrew wasn't introduced and I already knew him.
- No bad guys. I would expect a lot of abusive assholes from such a school.
- Some scenes like masturbation have no MC's picture so it's a bit inconsistent.
Overall a very decent and original gameplay style and I will observe it for sure. It needs to be polished but it's already very enjoyable.
Thank you for your feedback
- Fonts are always a problem since not everyone finds the same fonts easily readable. I tried my best to find a good one for this game and since you're the first one to complain about it, I think I succeeded for the most part. I'm sorry if you had trouble with it through
- That's an interesting statement if you know the history about this game and my games in general. Version 0.2 added the F/M content there is now. Version 0.1 had only lesbian content, much like my other game (Blooming Love). No more romance options will be added, so it'll stay with 2 guys to choose from. I'll probably add sexual options for other male characters that don't get a full romance though, we'll see. But yes, it's mostly an F/F game. If that is really a problem, than you sill have Jason and Andrew, right?
- This one is really weird to me. Uhm... do you want there to be a lot of abusive assholes? Because that ain't gonna happen. I don't like that type of content and I don't think it fits the style of the game. There are in fact 'bad guys' though. The main story has a bad guy, although not much is known about her/him yet, and there is a secret 'villain' for those willing enough to look deeper into the game
- Which scenes do not have pictures exactly? Because that does sound like a bug to me

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the game and hopefully you'll enjoy the next update as well

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Thank you for your feedback
- Fonts are always a problem since not everyone finds the same fonts easily readable. I tried my best to find a good one for this game and since you're the first one to complain about it, I think I succeeded for the most part. I'm sorry if you had trouble with it through
- That's an interesting statement if you know the history about this game and my games in general. Version 0.2 added the F/M content there is now. Version 0.1 had only lesbian content, much like my other game (Blooming Love). No more romance options will be added, so it'll stay with 2 guys to choose from. I'll probably add sexual options for other male characters that don't get a full romance though, we'll see. But yes, it's mostly an F/F game. If that is really a problem, than you sill have Jason and Andrew, right?
- This one is really weird to me. Uhm... do you want there to be a lot of abusive assholes? Because that ain't gonna happen. I don't like that type of content and I don't think it fits the style of the game. There are in fact 'bad guys' though. The main story has a bad guy, although not much is known about her/him yet, and there is a secret 'villain' for those willing enough to look deeper into the game
- Which scenes do not have pictures exactly? Because that does sound like a bug to me

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the game and hopefully you'll enjoy the next update as well
Good to see an answer.
- It might be me indeed. I can't really put my finger on what's wrong with it. It's definitely not something terrible.
- As for pictures I guess only masturbation scene doesn't have it. I'm so used to see female mc in vns to be pictured when she talks I just assumed it's inconsistent. Seems like a plan except for a masturbation scene.
- All other points: That's great you have your vision. Mostly lesbian games are quite rare when it comes to FMCs. Andrew and Jason are fine with me as writing is interesting. More guys (even secondary) are always welcome. As for bad guys or assholes it's just a common thing in such games and I like such characters indeed but if that's not for you that's fine. It's cool to see a dev with a solid concept in his head. Game is surely interesting and worth supporting.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
The game is tagged as 'female protagonist' and 'lesbian', isn't that enough of a hint that the main character is female? Also, she is shown in several of the images (although to be fair, you might not have realized the brunette is the main character when only looking at the images).

But the 'necessity' to make sure the player knowns he/she is not playing as a male just feels weird to me. Ever game is different and people should expect that, in my opinion. Don't just expect every game to be a clone of other adult games. I get that most adult games (sadly, in my opinion) have male protagonists and that when going in blind you assume an adult game to have a male protagonist. But even if you do not look at the tags, is it really worth commenting over having to spend less than a minute restaring the game so you can rename your character? I obviously don't know if you commented about it because you were just surprised when you discovered you play as a girl is this game or because you felt you needed a warming beforehand because you stay away from games with female protagonists (which some people do), but in that case I'd advise simply looking at the tags of a new game you download.
The "female protagonist" listed here is one thing, but it has to be announced (implied, suggested, or just stated explicitly) somehow in the game before the player has to enter the name. In general it's a bad idea not to have some sort of organising or guiding information go with a character that the player is supposed to enter into, and gender is a bare minimum.

I did happen to miss the "female protagonist" tag before downloading, which is why the misunderstanding, but in my opinion you shouldn't rely on relatively hidden f95zone tag. As for the lesbian tag, that's pretty irrelevant considering many games have non-main-characters engage in rugmunching, earning the tag that way.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I check both the tags at the top of a page as well as the genre spoiler in the OP of a page as not always are the top tags and genre tags the same and the genre one might have ones listed there that are not listed at the top of the page.

Reactions: KiGa

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
A few things.
A conversation or two before actually meeting, Jason refers to FMC by name rather then Angel.
After having sex with Jason, FMC's notepad entry still says she's a virgin, though the 'had sex' counter went up.
How to increase the 'biggest insertion' stat, to train her vagina/mouth for Jason's BBC?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
A few things.
A conversation or two before actually meeting, Jason refers to FMC by name rather then Angel.
After having sex with Jason, FMC's notepad entry still says she's a virgin, though the 'had sex' counter went up.
How to increase the 'biggest insertion' stat, to train her vagina/mouth for Jason's BBC?
Those first two things are certain mistakes on my part. I'll fix them in version 0.3.
As for training the 'biggest insertion stat as you call it... you can't really 'train' it. The stat just keeps increasing as you keep experimenting with bigger things. Right now it doesn't do much, but eventually I want to add changes to scenes when the stat is high/low enough and certain things can only be done with a high stat (because they'd hurt otherwise). I might also change certain things so that the MC no longer enjoys them as much if the object used isn't big enough and she has lot of experience with 'bigger things', but I don't know if that would be worth it as most scenes would need to be adapted to make that actually work

bagodoughnuts

Jan 7, 2018
I like it so far. I would like to see the Futa to continue to be developed. I would also like to see the bestiality patch develop more.

I like the fact that you can turn on your preferred fetish and turn off or not pursue the fetish you don't like.

Reactions: goditseb
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes