VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Thank you for your feedback
- Fonts are always a problem since not everyone finds the same fonts easily readable. I tried my best to find a good one for this game and since you're the first one to complain about it, I think I succeeded for the most part. I'm sorry if you had trouble with it through
- That's an interesting statement if you know the history about this game and my games in general. Version 0.2 added the F/M content there is now. Version 0.1 had only lesbian content, much like my other game (Blooming Love). No more romance options will be added, so it'll stay with 2 guys to choose from. I'll probably add sexual options for other male characters that don't get a full romance though, we'll see. But yes, it's mostly an F/F game. If that is really a problem, than you sill have Jason and Andrew, right?
- This one is really weird to me. Uhm... do you want there to be a lot of abusive assholes? Because that ain't gonna happen. I don't like that type of content and I don't think it fits the style of the game. There are in fact 'bad guys' though. The main story has a bad guy, although not much is known about her/him yet, and there is a secret 'villain' for those willing enough to look deeper into the game
- Which scenes do not have pictures exactly? Because that does sound like a bug to me

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the game and hopefully you'll enjoy the next update as well
To be fair it confused me too. Most devs are specific about it being a female MC. Also, wallpapers of women are always used to show who you can bang, not the characters. It makes people think the MC is a bang-able character...

I suggest a simple change. Instead of:

You, along with the twin sister you didn't know you had,
Change it to:

You play as the female protagonist, who along with the twin sister you didn't know you had,
Or something along those lines

MarcCollins89

Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Is it possible for the character to get pregnant by Andrew in v0.2 or do we have to wait for v0.3?

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Is it possible for the character to get pregnant by Andrew in v0.2 or do we have to wait for v0.3?
Whats the formula to getting pregnant? I waited till the game said 80% chance like 10 times and the next day or 2 she gets her period. Do I have to wait weeks like real life or does the game tell you right after and I should keep trying?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Whats the formula to getting pregnant? I waited till the game said 80% chance like 10 times and the next day or 2 she gets her period. Do I have to wait weeks like real life or does the game tell you right after and I should keep trying?
What exactly do you do on those days where her fertility is 80%? There is only one sex scene in the game that can get you pregnant at the moment (the one in Jason's storyline). So if you do that conversation on a day with 80% fertility, you'll most likely get pregnent. And no, the game doesn't immediately tell you if you're pregnant or not. There are pregnancy tests in the game (buy them from the grocery store). Use those to check if you're pregnant. If not, return to a save before having sex with Jason and try again

Reactions: goditseb

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I get what you're saying, but to me it still feels awkward and forced to start with explain that you play as a girl in this game. And people who spend time reading the description of the game to see if they're interested usually also check the tags for fetishes. (Oh, and I also can't edit the original post because I wasn't the one who posted it)

Also, the main menu of the game clearly shows that you play as a girl. The description and images clearly show there is more than one romantic partner available. And when you first launch the game, the main character is the only girl you see. That me that signals you play as that girl, but maybe that was still less clear than I'd hoped it to be for some people.

Reactions: UncleVT

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I read too fast... Saw the title and got excited. I thought it said "Highschool Cuck Simulator" But it's not cuck, it's crush. FML. No I don't want to play getting cucked, I thought the game would be about a dude going around stealing everybodies girls. Based on comments, that might not be too far from where the game is at, just playing as a chick, gonna give it a go!

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The game is tagged as 'female protagonist' and 'lesbian', isn't that enough of a hint that the main character is female? Also, she is shown in several of the images (although to be fair, you might not have realized the brunette is the main character when only looking at the images).

But the 'necessity' to make sure the player knowns he/she is not playing as a male just feels weird to me. Ever game is different and people should expect that, in my opinion. Don't just expect every game to be a clone of other adult games. I get that most adult games (sadly, in my opinion) have male protagonists and that when going in blind you assume an adult game to have a male protagonist. But even if you do not look at the tags, is it really worth commenting over having to spend less than a minute restaring the game so you can rename your character? I obviously don't know if you commented about it because you were just surprised when you discovered you play as a girl is this game or because you felt you needed a warming beforehand because you stay away from games with female protagonists (which some people do), but in that case I'd advise simply looking at the tags of a new game you download.
Honestly there are a lot of games on both sides (male and female protagonists). I may have a personal preference, but that doesn't stop me from playing the alternate as well. A lot of times I avoid looking at tags initially to give new games a chance without any predisposed expectations other than reading the general story synopsis for background.

Regardless, playing a game should be self-explanatory. I shouldn't need to read the tags in order to "succeed" at the very first thing the game places in front of me (made worse because it isn't even really part of the gameplay, "You failed at picking your settings, how lame are you?" is the impression it always leaves with me).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Yeah. But it's very hard doing something idiot-proof. They're very smart.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I'm not really a big fanboy, rah, rah, yay, type of person. I kind of jump right to the, here are some points I think might be helpful. Use or not as you will.

Took a quick look at it so far (basically just through the introduction). Here are my suggestions/comments on what I've seen so far.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is a small add-on for all your MC naming needs
dl and remove the f95zone prefix 125427_
then copy the file to the game folder of your installation

@UncleVT please don't add it to op ;)

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I'm not really a big fanboy, rah, rah, yay, type of person. I kind of jump right to the, here are some points I think might be helpful. Use or not as you will.

Took a quick look at it so far (basically just through the introduction). Here are my suggestions/comments on what I've seen so far.
I'm glad that you're willing to give the game a try, but you're not going to end up liking it this way. It feels like you're just trying to find problems or inconcistencies. All (expect for 2) of the things you mentioned are non-issues in my opinion.

- About the game starting with "BOOTING UP SYSTEMS"... Are you serious? Have you ever see a visual novel that uses a loading screen? If you honestly said there waiting, than you're beyond my help. If it had said "LOADING", sure. But "BOOTING UP SYSTEMS" clearly isn't a loading screen message
- Sure, the spelling errors complaint. Thanks for pointing those out to me
- How the hell is "no underaged students are allowed" not clear? Underaged is not an ambigous term. It's a legal term with a static, defined meaning to it. And how does that not fit in the story? Obviously a school like this would get into huge problems if they allowed students are underaged. How would it look if the school had 14, 15 or 16 year old boys and girls and they'd encourage them to masturbate and fuck? That would look very legally wrong indeed
- The one about how long Michelle and MC have known each other was the most ridiculous of all. The game clearly states that they have met before going to Lilium Academy, AKA they know each other when they arrive at Lilium Academy. The game also clearly state their first meeting wasn't too long ago, so they don't know each other well. There is no unclarity here. You're just assuming things and then thing the game is wrong when it contradicts those assumptions
- The same thing goes for the last one. The opening speech never said the government was paying anything. You just assumed that. And then you complain about that assumption being contradicted by the statement that the parents paid for it. There isn't an inconsistency here, you just assumed wrong. The opening speech didnt imply the government paid for anything. It simply implied the students themselves would not be asked for money

I welcome all forms of critisim, I really do. But these 'issues' can hardly be counted as critisism. I know I might have sounded a bit harsh here, and if so, that wasn't my intention. There are a few good points in them, but I don't like how they are burried in a pile of non-issues.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I'm glad that you're willing to give the game a try, but you're not going to end up liking it this way. It feels like you're just trying to find problems or inconcistencies. All (expect for 2) of the things you mentioned are non-issues in my opinion.
- I get the point about naming your character without knowing anything about him/her. I'll see if I can find a way to naturally introduce her age and gender. But plenty of games do this and to me it still feels like this is more an issue because the protagonist is female than an issue with not having enough information. If the protagonist was a boy instead, I doubt people would have complained. And that's what I don't like about it. But my dislike shouldn't be a reason to ignore this critisism
- About the game starting with "BOOTING UP SYSTEMS"... Are you serious? Have you ever see a visual novel that uses a loading screen? If you honestly said there waiting, than you're beyond my help. If it had said "LOADING", sure. But "BOOTING UP SYSTEMS" clearly isn't a loading screen message
- Sure, the spelling errors complaint. Thanks for pointing those out to me
- How the hell is "no underaged students are allowed" not clear? Underaged is not an ambigous term. It's a legal term with a static, defined meaning to it. And how does that not fit in the story? Obviously a school like this would get into huge problems if they allowed students are underaged. How would it look if the school had 14, 15 or 16 year old boys and girls and they'd encourage them to masturbate and fuck? That would look very legally wrong indeed
- The one about how long Michelle and MC have known each other was the most ridiculous of all. The game clearly states that they have met before going to Lilium Academy, AKA they know each other when they arrive at Lilium Academy. The game also clearly state their first meeting wasn't too long ago, so they don't know each other well. There is no unclarity here. You're just assuming things and then thing the game is wrong when it contradicts those assumptions
- The same thing goes for the last one. The opening speech never said the government was paying anything. You just assumed that. And then you complain about that assumption being contradicted by the statement that the parents paid for it. There isn't an inconsistency here, you just assumed wrong. The opening speech didnt imply the government paid for anything. It simply implied the students themselves would not be asked for money

I welcome all forms of critisim, I really do. But these 'issues' can hardly be counted as critisism. I know I might have sounded a bit harsh here, and if so, that wasn't my intention. There are a few good points in them, but I don't like how they are burried in a pile of non-issues.

Reactions: UncleVT
Sep 1, 2017
I read too fast... Saw the title and got excited. I thought it said "Highschool Cuck Simulator" But it's not cuck, it's crush. FML. No I don't want to play getting cucked, I thought the game would be about a dude going around stealing everybodies girls. Based on comments, that might not be too far from where the game is at, just playing as a chick, gonna give it a go!
No ntr, instead it's a very romantic game and you can even chose at the start of the game if you want to stay very loyal by disabling polygamy. Fetish wise it's offers a lot more than you would expect with a very vanilla setting.

You might want to try , the previous and actually completed main game of the author. Seriously completed smut games are incredible rare, especially if they are good too.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes