VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

nacre667

May 8, 2018
I played through the rest of Ava's story-line and I liked it well enough, though I kinda felt like it ended anti-climatically.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think it would also be nice if, after you complete a partner's story, you could have other options to do stuff with them, besides just 'hang out with ____'. And these other options could also benefit the MC in some way.

I realize that you (@Bright Sun Studios) want to complete this game asap, so I don't want you to seriously consider adding this extra stuff which isn't necessary and might not appeal to anyone else, besides me. Rather, just focus on completing the game, and, if anything, maybe consider adding extra scenes post-release or maybe as a patreon exclusive scenes for the game

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I played through the rest of Ava's story-line and I liked it well enough, though I kinda felt like it ended anti-climatically.

I think it would also be nice if, after you complete a partner's story, you could have other options to do stuff with them, besides just 'hang out with ____'. And these other options could also benefit the MC in some way.

I realize that you (@Bright Sun Studios) want to complete this game asap, so I don't want you to seriously consider adding this extra stuff which isn't necessary and might not appeal to anyone else, besides me. Rather, just focus on completing the game, and, if anything, maybe consider adding extra scenes post-release or maybe as a patreon exclusive scenes for the game
I don't think I will add new conversations to her (I think 20 is enough for each character), but this isn't really her 'ending'. Each character will get a 'romance' ending after the end of the main story (and there will be a ending in case you're still single) that will finish up their stories and stuff.

I'm certainly not against adding new things like dates or activities somewhere in the future. The problem at the moment is though that I have to treat all the characters equally. If I add dates and such for Ava, I'd feel like the game wouldn't be 'complete' until all characters had those. So at the moment I'm more concerend with just finishing up the other characters as well before maybe going back to Ava and Ella one day.

As for wanting to finish up the game as quickly as possible, that's kind of a difficult situation at the moment. I really want to do the game justice and finish up all the plans I have for it, but that would take me several more months of constant development. HSCS is certainly liked well enough, but it really doesn't bring in many patrons sadly (in fact, when it comes to Patreon the only thing that happend today is that I lost one $3 patron. So... that really shows why I can't continue developing the game like I'm doing now, doesn't it?). So at the moment I think the best option is to temporarily put HSCS on hold somewhere in the near future. Then hopefully I can release another project that will bring in the required money. When I'm at $1700 a month or something (which would translate to minimum wage in my country), I'd be able to easily support myself. When I have reached that goal, I can afford to not care as much about patron growth. Which means then it would be worth continuing development for this game even if it doesn't bring in a lot of money. I'm sure my patrons still like the game (in fact, most of my current patrons obviously like the game). I think that's the best solution. I don't want to cancel the game or give it a rushed ending that will put people off, but continuing development without another more promising project that brings in the required money isn't an option anymore at this point.

I do still like HSCS and I like developing it. Your suggestions are also good ones, so I might use them somewhere in the future. But right now it's a priority to first ensure that HSCS has a future at all.

Reactions: nashk

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

High School Crush Simulator [v0.5] [Bright Sun Studios] - Original Size: 1.32GB

Download PC (141MB): - - -

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

High School Crush Simulator [v0.5] [Bright Sun Studios] - Original Size: 1.32GB

Download PC (141MB): - - -

Thanks, I'll add it to the OP.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Any plans to make Michelle romanceable?
That is not possible in the current version of the game. I don't plan to ever add it at the moment, but as people seem to really want it that might change. First I'll finish the other 6 romance options though. Then I'll see if I continue with Michelle. I don't think I will though as she is very much written as a straight girl and was never intended to be a romance option in the game.

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
any plans to add sex scenes, or situations, or romantic interests, to any of the jobs?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
any plans to add sex scenes, or situations, or romantic interests, to any of the jobs?
I do plan to add that eventually, yes. Don't know when I'll get around to it though. There are still plenty of other things that need development time in the game and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep developing the game. Hopefully I'll be able to keep doing this for a few more months, in which case jobs will be expanded upon eventually

Blackj

May 21, 2018
In my very personal opinion I stopped playing because it was not to my liking.

Even so, I wish your creator good luck so he can develop it until the end

regards

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
In my very personal opinion I stopped playing because it was not to my liking.

Even so, I wish your creator good luck so he can develop it until the end

regards
Thank you. It's okay that you didn't end up liking the game. It certainly not for everyone and I understand some of the complaints people have about it. If you don't really like romance-focused games, this might not be the best game for you. Thank you for which me good luck with the rest of the project anyway. Certainly not everyone who didn't end up enjoying the game is that kind

Reactions: bacchusplateau

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Not in the form of a sexual relationship, no. Hopefully I will one day get around to continuing her story though as she currently only has 5 conversations.
Well thanks for answering my question, it's a shame though it would be really great to be able to romance Michelle, but well, it it's your game keep doing the good work, really apreciated

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes