VN Ren'Py Highway to Hell [v0.5.0] [Mad King Games]

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Interesting game, but my game just errors out on the day the choice is made if you Kill the ex or not. Since there is no option to just go to sleep, any action whether it's work at the bar, exercise, look at your roomate sleeping, whatever...just gives me the white page of text giving me Sandbox errors, where only option is to roll back...ignore just goes on and on.
Get the bugs worked out, and I'd be interested to see more...maybe give support...but bugs this early in the game when you're quite a bit further down the road story-wise doesn't bode well.
Hi mate,

Mate, with all due respect, I don't know what you are referring to. You can't kill your ex, as you don't have an ex, and neither do the rest of the actions you mentioned. Maybe you can be more specific? IF there are any issues, they are bound to be due to version updates of Renpy; that is why the developer I work with creates a message at the end of each update to save the game and load it when a new version of the game comes out, in case there are compatibility issues between Renpy updates. This is a common issue across all the Renpy games due to the framework development.

Reactions: Erixas and Ass Fan

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
Hi mate,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you are a fan of Vis and, at the same time, sad that you experienced outrage when I offered feedback on Vis.

Honestly, regarding Vis, the variations in the status were not planned. After I decided to pause it due to burnout, I wanted to find ways to create a separate budget for it and implement what I wanted for Vis. I am still searching to see if there is a way to create a separate budget for the game so I can have a clear overview of the limits I have to be within and to see if I can implement the game as I viewed it or in the second case, it will remain as a VN, but I will have to redesign it.

Highway to hell, as I said, was the game that should have been released after Vis. It is unique, and it will offer a different and amazing experience. I would add to your remarks that the story will also play a crucial part in the game, besides animations and renders.

Nothing was done deliberately, I am just managing events in order for everyone to get the experience I have in my head.

Yours,
MK
I do not mean to sound critcal. I could never create something like this as I do not have the skills to do so I can respect the work involvedand I quite liked VIS and I am sure the renders in this game will also be outstanding as well but I can not get invested in this game nor will I support it only to be disappointed again when this one is abandoned regardless of the reason (not enough funds, burnout, etc...) I for one, get immersed in a story that I enjoy reading/watching and get quite disapointed when that story ends without a conclusion especially when I am "donating" (call it what you want) to a project. Hell, I don't even watch any visual series on Television anymore at all because some asshole exec will just have it canceled and leave the story hanging after I was really into it. I have certain expectations when investing in a project... i.e., like a conclusion to the story. So tell me MAD K, why should I/we invest in this project when you already have two abandoned projects to your credit already? Convince me.

Falco Falcone

Feb 12, 2023
IMPORTANT QUESTION: Will the MILF wear more than three different outfits in this story?

I'm only ever interested in novels containing milfs who wear three or more outfits. In fact, I really think that wherever there's a milf tag there needs to be an accompanying tag specifying the number of outfits the milf will wear. That would be really helpful and save many other people here too from wasting a whole lot of their incredibly valuable time.

• Angry
Reactions: dominator_css

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
I do not mean to sound critcal. I could never create something like this as I do not have the skills to do so I can respect the work involvedand I quite liked VIS and I am sure the renders in this game will also be outstanding as well but I can not get invested in this game nor will I support it only to be disappointed again when this one is abandoned regardless of the reason (not enough funds, burnout, etc...) I for one, get immersed in a story that I enjoy reading/watching and get quite disapointed when that story ends without a conclusion especially when I am "donating" (call it what you want) to a project. Hell, I don't even watch any visual series on Television anymore at all because some asshole exec will just have it canceled and leave the story hanging after I was really into it. I have certain expectations when investing in a project... i.e., like a conclusion to the story. So tell me MAD K, why should I/we invest in this project when you already have two abandoned projects to your credit already? Convince me.

Hi mate,

I understand your concern, and one of the reasons I started to develop games was that I was disappointed in a VN from here a long time ago. The developer, probably feeling burnout or getting bored, cut the story in half and rushed the ending, so he dodged the on-hold or abandoned tag. He had a complete tag, but was it complete?!
Now, I stated in many posts the reason why I took a break. The main issue was that the direction I was going with the game was not good, and I needed time to reflect on what I'd done wrong and how I could make up for my mistakes. I wanted and still want to deliver the story as it is in my head, and I don't want to sacrifice that due to passing issues. My intention is not to cancel Vis but, on the contrary, to take a break and then continue. On F95, the hold tag can be active for a relatively short period and is automatically put on abandoned. But getting back on the break, I want to deliver a new game with a fantastic story where I will also upgrade my skills. I am experimenting with new things in this game, like voiceovers and new programs for animation, and I am upgrading my rendering skills. After completing the game, I will transform Vis into something even greater (or die trying).

In the end, I want to say that I don't want to convince anyone of anything because I believe in free choice. Instead, I want to be open with a community I have been with for almost six years. I will never hide, and I will wear my failures as proudly as my achievements. Not because I am arrogant but because I think once I give in to the fear of failure, I will start losing a lot more.

Yours,
MK

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
IMPORTANT QUESTION: Will the MILF wear more than three different outfits in this story?

I'm only ever interested in novels containing milfs who wear three or more outfits. In fact, I really think that wherever there's a milf tag there needs to be an accompanying tag specifying the number of outfits the milf will wear. That would be really helpful and save many other people here too from wasting a whole lot of their incredibly valuable time.
Hi mate,

I don't know if you are making fun but if you are not, the answer is yes. In almost every update, there are new outfits, make-up, and usually slight changes in their hairstyle, mainly to avoid repetitiveness.

Reactions: Erixas and Ass Fan

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Game looks fantastic,yet I do miss the amazing 5 star fantasy setting of Vis

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes