Fan Art Hill Side: Fan Art

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
My first draft of the MC... I noticed that he isn't 100% Dain 8, but more 50% Dain 8. Not sure if there's another in the mix, but definitely only around 50% Dain 8. I noticed a bump on his nose and slight facial deformation as well as a body that was too buff, but when I dialed down Dain 8 to 50% it felt right.

I didn't get his hair right, but found something close. Just certain hair shapes I noticed were different, only slightly, but it bugs me. Don't know what pubic hair was used (there's a close up of that in one scene). I am 80% certain his genitals are standard Genesis 8 genitals as Dain 8 comes with a texture for them and it looks about the same (from the last update scenes and closeups anyhow). And of course his tattoo which is missing from his chest in the last update in one scene.

Hillside MC (G8M).png

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
My first draft of the MC... I noticed that he isn't 100% Dain 8, but more 50% Dain 8. Not sure if there's another in the mix, but definitely only around 50% Dain 8. I noticed a bump on his nose and slight facial deformation as well as a body that was too buff, but when I dialed down Dain 8 to 50% it felt right.

I didn't get his hair right, but found something close. Just certain hair shapes I noticed were different, only slightly, but it bugs me. Don't know what pubic hair was used (there's a close up of that in one scene). I am 80% certain his genitals are standard Genesis 8 genitals as Dain 8 comes with a texture for them and it looks about the same (from the last update scenes and closeups anyhow). And of course his tattoo which is missing from his chest in the last update in one scene.

View attachment 2152313
Good job so far

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just examining the MC character closer and I am starting to think he has a totally different head shape and not Dain 8 at all, or perhaps 50% Dain 8 and 50% something else, but there's definitely another character used for the head shape besides Dain 8, check out these comparisons...

I have three Dain 8 renders, the first with 0% Dain 8, then 50% then 100%. I've been using 50% as it seemed the closest, 100% is way off. But then I got a good profile screenshot from the game and I noticed a big difference in his head shape!

MC_heads.jpg

Compare these to this game screenshot below...
MC_head-Game.jpg

Now compare the shape of the back of his head, the slope of the top of his head... nose shape... definitely another character was used either partially, or fully (with the Dain 8 skin used for the head, but maybe not the shape).

I tried out every Genesis 8 male character head shape I have and NONE of them have the shape of his head (the back mainly).

It doesn't matter too much as we can get close, but it bugs me. heheheh

Oh, there's also a slight difference in his mouth and h is chin is back a little compared to the Dain 8 ones.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Just examining the MC character closer and I am starting to think he has a totally different head shape and not Dain 8 at all, or perhaps 50% Dain 8 and 50% something else, but there's definitely another character used for the head shape besides Dain 8, check out these comparisons...

I have three Dain 8 renders, the first with 0% Dain 8, then 50% then 100%. I've been using 50% as it seemed the closest, 100% is way off. But then I got a good profile screenshot from the game and I noticed a big difference in his head shape!

View attachment 2152435

Compare these to this game screenshot below...
View attachment 2152438

Now compare the shape of the back of his head, the slope of the top of his head... nose shape... definitely another character was used either partially, or fully (with the Dain 8 skin used for the head, but maybe not the shape).

I tried out every Genesis 8 male character head shape I have and NONE of them have the shape of his head (the back mainly).

It doesn't matter too much as we can get close, but it bugs me. heheheh

Oh, there's also a slight difference in his mouth and h is chin is back a little compared to the Dain 8 ones.
That is my version of him, I am happy with it, i probably won't get close to it but he will do for now lol. MC hillside 001.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
That is my version of him, I am happy with it, i probably won't get close to it but he will do for now lol. View attachment 2152485
Very nice. Yeah, I will give up on trying to figure out the missing character asset. What we have is close enough for me as well. But thought I would put this out there and maybe someone else will stumble upon the answer sometime. I went over every G8 character I had adjusting his head shape with them to see if it came close to matching... nope... heheh... 50% Dain 8 comes close enough for me.

The hair isn't quite the same that I have, but I managed to find something that comes REALLY close has a really similar shape (looking at the shape of the hairline all around), as close as I could get. I still think something else was used, but this is so close, it really is indistinguishable from the original without looking REALLY close.

I also used Dain 8 Stubble for his unshaved face, it is in the Genesis 8 Male -> Anatomy section, which doesn't make sense for it to be there instead of in hair, but if you installed Dain 8, than you probably already have this.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWolf619

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just got done my first (and probably only) version of Emma. I noticed her skin is definitely from Millie for Aiko 7, BUT, her eyebrows are different, which puzzles me. Not sure how you change the eyebrows but keep the same skin. The difference is really small, but I tend to zoom in and examine these things way too closely for my own good! LOL Not sure where her eye colour came from either. The iris seems fairly detailed, also not from Millie... I tried out a pile of other eyes but didn't find an exact match.

Her skin colour is also a tad too tanned with the default Millie skin, but after trying to adjust it I gave up. heheheh...

Not sure if I got her face and body settings right, but it's close enough for me. I already spent too long on her. This is what I ended up with anyhow.

Character - Emma (G3F).jpg

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Just got done my first (and probably only) version of Emma. I noticed her skin is definitely from Millie for Aiko 7, BUT, her eyebrows are different, which puzzles me. Not sure how you change the eyebrows but keep the same skin. The difference is really small, but I tend to zoom in and examine these things way too closely for my own good! LOL Not sure where her eye colour came from either. The iris seems fairly detailed, also not from Millie... I tried out a pile of other eyes but didn't find an exact match.

Her skin colour is also a tad too tanned with the default Millie skin, but after trying to adjust it I gave up. heheheh...

Not sure if I got her face and body settings right, but it's close enough for me. I already spent too long on her. This is what I ended up with anyhow.

View attachment 2154032
Awesome job

Reactions: Night Hacker

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018

View attachment 2154032
You need an asset that can remove the eyebrows. There are a couple that can do it or through PS. But then you also have to find the right ones, its why i stuck with the default ones.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I would love to contribute, but I woke up yesterday morning to a dead motherboard. Everything else seems to test okay, should have a new MB on Thursday, maybe I will be whole by the weekend.

• Wow

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I would love to contribute, but I woke up yesterday morning to a dead motherboard. Everything else seems to test okay, should have a new MB on Thursday, maybe I will be whole by the weekend.
Yikes... not nice. Never had a motherboard "die" on me.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Charlotte_H_06a_F95.png

I was actually trying to go for a different look but ended up here after a couple of hours work. I have a signed and numbered Nagel serigraph in my office (acquired sometime in the mid-80's) and was trying to duplicate that. Unfortunately almost all the Manga, Toon, Line Art style shaders for DAZ are from ages ago and most of them simply no longer work or are no longer supported. So this was almost all Photoshop.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
For those that don't know, a Serigraph and a Lithograph are virtually identical. The main difference is better paper, limited run, collaboration with the artist and printer. Basically a way to make more money from a print.