4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
My guess is the dev is asleep now anyway, nearly 1am here in the UK..and i think that's where he/she is from.

Reactions: RolandG.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
When you miss 3+ deadlines in a row I think people are going to be pissed off about it, regardless of whether or not payment is involved it shows a lack of respect for those consuming your product. No, he hasn't been super communicative about this, his updates have been pretty last minute and then he went dark over the last 24 hours when it was supposed to be 'a few hours' only to pop up now and say it's going to be 4-5 days.

While that doesn't particularly bother me, I can understand why it would bother others, especially if they were staying up solely for the release. I think there's so many devs with terrible work ethic that the moment someone comes along and serves you old overcooked food you start praising them for not serving you literal shit. It's either that or fanboyism at its finest.

While I don't think we should be piling on the dev about this, I do believe that the moment you start accepting money for your work then you open yourself to being criticized both about your work itself and the manner in which you go about doing it. Honestly that starts when the public can consume your product, but you should get a large buffer from a forum full of wankers if you aren't taking peoples money.

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
When you miss 3+ deadlines in a row I think people are going to be pissed off about it, regardless of whether or not payment is involved it shows a lack of respect for those consuming your product. No, he hasn't been super communicative about this, his updates have been pretty last minute and then he went dark over the last 24 hours when it was supposed to be 'a few hours' only to pop up now and say it's going to be 4-5 days.

While that doesn't particularly bother me, I can understand why it would bother others, especially if they were staying up solely for the release. I think there's so many devs with terrible work ethic that the moment someone comes along and serves you old overcooked food you start praising them for not serving you literal shit. It's either that or fanboyism at its finest.

While I don't think we should be piling on the dev about this, I do believe that the moment you start accepting money for your work then you open yourself to being criticized both about your work itself and the manner in which you go about doing it. Honestly that starts when the public can consume your product, but you should get a large buffer from a forum full of wankers if you aren't taking peoples money.
Fair comment to me...

• Hey there
Reactions: sevensham

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I think him moving up to 6 March is a safety net so he doesn't risk missing another deadline. There is still the possibility that he fixes the issues earlier and we get the game before Saturday.

Reactions: B-52reloaded

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Someone is doing a lot of work and taking a lot of time to develop a really excellent game.
In my opinion, one of the best games in this genre.
Basically, anyone can download and play this game for free.
No one is forced to pay to use it.

I think the developers are doing a very good job and I hope they continue.
Anyone who has worked on a project knows that things sometimes take longer than planned, and not everything always works immediately.

Give people time and don't complain about things you get for free!

Best regards! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, it's very civilized around here in general, but just a few points.

Of course it's always fair to criticize a missed release date, especially if it happens on such a short notice. In the end dates are there to be kept and if you set a dealine on a saturday, it's the most normal thing that poeple look forward to play the game on the weekend and if they can't, some may feel disappointed. I don't think there's a need to sugarcoat that fact.
If anything the initial mistake isn't to miss the deadline by a few percent (some days really aren't much when we are talking about a 2,5 months schedule) but to set the hard deadline publicly in the first place. Managing expectations and providing the right incentives ins always key on patreon and it's something devs have to grow into.
But since DarkBlue is aware that it was a problem, given that he wants to change his procedures and given that it's only a few days, I don't see a problem personally.

Nikopolus

Jun 8, 2018
Sometimes is a bit sad when ppl has a wrong priorities in they lifes. Stop to complain and live your real life first.
I beleve as some of you still forgeting as this game for a Dev is not the main sourse of incomes and he/she working on it in the spare time.
No offence, its just my personal appinion about this "situation".

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
Well, it's very civilized around here in general, but just a few points.

Of course it's always fair to criticize a missed release date, especially if it happens on such a short notice. In the end dates are there to be kept and if you set a dealine on a saturday, it's the most normal thing that poeple look forward to play the game on the weekend and if they can't, some may feel disappointed. I don't think there's a need to sugarcoat that fact.
If anything the initial mistake isn't to miss the deadline by a few percent (some days really aren't much when we are talking about a 2,5 months schedule) but to set the hard deadline publicly in the first place. Managing expectations and providing the right incentives ins always key on patreon and it's something devs have to grow into.
But since DarkBlue is aware that it was a problem, given that he wants to change his procedures and given that it's only a few days, I don't see a problem personally.

I agree that it is awkward to set yourself deadlines that are difficult or impossible to meet.
I think the developer has learned from this ;)

It's also not nice when you look forward to something and then it doesn't come.

I've been constantly updating the page in the hope that something will come.

BUT! I still don't think the expectations of many people are right.

many developers probably develop the games in their free time and make them available for free. very few users will support the developers financially.

That's why i think if i use something for free, i should perhaps be a bit more reserved with my comments and demands.

i think this also has something to do with respect for the developer and his work.

Best Regards :)

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Bummer, but I am not worried, given how most of the game updates I have played lately and been disappointing, I am in no huge rush.

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020
As I've said in another thread, it's ironic that pirates are one of the biggest groups of moaners and complainers out there. Of course anyone can complain but you can't expect to be listened to if you don't contribute to the development. Why anyone would spend time complaining (which is different to giving feedback) for something that you stole (or is free) is beyond me.

Isn't it a bit like stealing a dvd from a store and then complaining to the store that the film is rubbish?

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes