4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
I have little doubt DB thought it quite likely each time they'd meet the release date. Giving a release date further in the future than you think is necessary has its own problems. What if you finish early? Do you release and then people expect it early next time, or sit on the release until the date arrives while people speculate on whether it will happen?
We figured this out in professional development quite awhile ago, giving release dates further out then you believe you need is exactly what you do if it's not a product that is compatible with sprinting. Honestly, you don't even need to be a developer; anyone that has a project-oriented career knows how these things go.

If you finish early? Chances are you still haven't caught all bugs or something looks off in a few scenes. Use the bonus time to fix.
Finished early and you believe the update is in a polished and ready state? Start working on the next update in the meantime.

The loss of goodwill in relenting on your word continuously does almost irreparable damage to your credibility and you can see it in this thread, in which people are commenting to come back in a week because every missed release has panned out to almost exactly that. It's better to be ready to go by a further out release date than it is to fail to deliver on a date you've committed to with an announcement.

It's demoralizing for the fans and it's demoralizing for the developer(s) who have to face the music. Go easy mode and just abandon release dates or go professional mode and give yourself an appropriate amount of time. This isn't a shot at the dev, just general development 101.

TheFonze

Aug 3, 2018
Oh yess mee too. I am totally not here to defile the daughters... that idea never crossed my mind in like a million years. Ever... I honestly have no hidden motive.. like at all. Only the most purest of thoughts with the two super cute and hot teenagers that I obviously not see in a sexual way despite those amazing bodies and gorgeous faces...
Sure....sure. I totally understand, totally. Yep. Like all people here on the F95 zone. Only pure thoughts, only. Story so great, don't care about anything else. Just pure story. Yes. -.-

Reactions: Jarulf
Jan 28, 2019
I've really enjoyed this game. It is the only game I download every update to. Usually, I wait several updates before downloading a game again, to maximize content, but with this one, I'm happy to play it episodically.

Whether the wait is 2 more hours or two more weeks, I'm excited that the next release is soon. Looking forward to it!

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Oh yess mee too. I am totally not here to defile the daughters... that idea never crossed my mind in like a million years. Ever... I honestly have no hidden motive.. like at all. Only the most purest of thoughts with the two super cute and hot teenagers that I obviously not see in a sexual way despite those amazing bodies and gorgeous faces...
I like the slow pacing as well, but at some point in the game something has to happen. Not that we play this for a year and just when something is about to happen he's abandoning or something like that. Although i have a feeling something is about to happen with the blackmailed sister in one of the next updates, or her friend who imo also is more involved in the story

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

“Sorry guys. I wasn't able to get v0.9 finished as I said I would.
I'm a bit bewildered and burnt out at the minute. I worked through the night trying to get it done, but the more work I did the more there seemed to be left to do.
So, I have decided to release a beta version.
Two unfinished scenes have been temporarily removed, and it is lacking polish in some areas (i.e. some of the dialogue is clunky, more images required in places, etc.).
V0.9 Beta Release.

I am suspending my Patreon billing for next month. I'm going to take a short break, figure out what I'm doing wrong and make the necessary changes to make sure I'm not in this situation again.
I will get v0.9 finished and released as soon as possible. And I'll also catch up on the Patreon rewards that I'm behind on.”

The question is do you guys want me to share the beta links or would you guys wait for the polished version update?

I personally would wait
DB deserves a break. Let’s avoid burnouts

Last edited:

gabrixp1

Oct 12, 2019

I'm a bit bewildered and burnt out at the minute. I worked through the night trying to get it done, but the more work I did the more there seemed to be left to do.
Two unfinished scenes have been temporarily removed, and it is lacking polish in some areas (i.e. some of the dialogue is clunky, more images required in places, etc.).
V0.9 Beta Release.

I am suspending my Patreon billing for next month. I'm going to take a short break, figure out what I'm doing wrong and make the necessary changes to make sure I'm not in this situation again.
I will get v0.9 finished and released as soon as possible. And I'll also catch up on the Patreon rewards that I'm behind on.”

The question is do you guys want be to share the beta links or would you guys wait for the polished version update?

I personally would wait
Share it, fam.

Jan 28, 2019

V0.9 Beta Release.

The question is do you guys want me to share the beta links or would you guys wait for the polished version update?

I personally would wait
Share beta for those who want it.
I'm happy to wait, though, for the polished release.

Hope dev feels better. Burnout takes a lot out of you. At the same time, voluntarily suspending pateon for a month should shut up any assholes who want to claim the dev is just trying to milk people.
It's obvious, from how much has already been done, that this project won't die or be abandoned. Dev needs to back off and decompress, and people just need to be understanding of that, and wait for the dev to be ready to jump back in with both feet, and finish the story they're telling.

compusavvy

Nov 26, 2017
My observations on f95 in general:
  • Give a release date but fail to meet it due to circumstances outside your control - people complain.
  • Don't give a release date - people complain.
I have little doubt DB thought it quite likely each time they'd meet the release date. Giving a release date further in the future than you think is necessary has its own problems. What if you finish early? Do you release and then people expect it early next time, or sit on the release until the date arrives while people speculate on whether it will happen?

It's easier when the audience you're delivering for has an understanding of what you do and how it's unpredictable by nature.

I'm sure we all have more in our lives than this VN (or at least I hope we do.) We can afford to sit back and wait a little longer.
The second option is way better in my opinion.. give a date in the future and if the game update gets finished early polish it till your given date so that the final product shines like gold.. this is what AAA studios like Ubisoft do.. doing this also saves time for the players as they don't have to continuously check for the update, they just have to set a reminder of the release date on their calendar and play on that day..

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
here it is of course i am not playing this version until it gets polished and finished.

plus I don’t expect for blue to finish now the update

I rather see good lengthy quality updates after a couple of months than having him distance themselves due to burnouts

"Two unfinished scenes have been temporarily removed, and it is lacking polish in some areas (i.e. some of the dialogue is clunky, more images required in places, etc.)."

PC
DRIVE:
MEGA:
MAC
DRIVE:
MEGA:
ANDROID
DRIVE:
MEGA:

sevensham

Dec 25, 2017
here it is of course i am not playing this version until it gets polished and finished.

plus I don’t expect for blue to finish now the update

I rather see good lengthy quality updates after a couple of months than having him distance themselves due to burnouts

"Two unfinished scenes have been temporarily removed, and it is lacking polish in some areas (i.e. some of the dialogue is clunky, more images required in places, etc.)."

PC
DRIVE: Google Drive
MEGA: Mega
MAC
ANDROID
Thanks

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Nah, I usually wait for the final version. Playing betas only leads to easily avoidable bug complaints. Unless all releases are called Beta like - apparently - Holiday Island.

However, voluntarily pausing Patreon doesn't shut up anybody, Braindrop could tell you a thing or two about that.

Reactions: HornyyPussy
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes