4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021

“Sorry guys. I wasn't able to get v0.9 finished as I said I would.
I'm a bit bewildered and burnt out at the minute. I worked through the night trying to get it done, but the more work I did the more there seemed to be left to do.
So, I have decided to release a beta version.
Two unfinished scenes have been temporarily removed, and it is lacking polish in some areas (i.e. some of the dialogue is clunky, more images required in places, etc.).
V0.9 Beta Release.

I am suspending my Patreon billing for next month. I'm going to take a short break, figure out what I'm doing wrong and make the necessary changes to make sure I'm not in this situation again.
I will get v0.9 finished and released as soon as possible. And I'll also catch up on the Patreon rewards that I'm behind on.”

The question is do you guys want me to share the beta links or would you guys wait for the polished version update?

I personally would wait
DB deserves a break. Let’s avoid burnouts
Dev needs to take a break before they officially burn out. Solid move suspending their patreon for a month. If the beta isn't half bad I honestly recommend dev to just stop working right now for at least 2 weeks if they're on the verge of burn out. I've been there and a month's recovery was not enough but you should be okay as long as you don't force yourself to keep drawing water from an empty well.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Slightly off topic but I just realize while watching "Lucifer", the actress Chloe Decker looks a lot like Charlotte on here.

Back on topic, if DB reads comments on here, I agree 100% on the break. Better to take it slow rather than burning out and rush a good game. Or worst, abandoning it like so many other games.

Reactions: fdawshwerb

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Edit 07/03/2021: Attaching below the v0.8 In-Game Walkthrough Mod
Which can also be found on my .

*NEW* I added a blinking indicator for those sneaky hotspots that unlocks hidden achievements as shown in the picture below:
View attachment 951318
Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please, updated for : Hillside [v0.9 Beta]
THANK YOU in advance...

Reactions: Mix@Xplore

Cena2001

May 12, 2021
Lol
Developer gives a update onces in every 3 months yet it's not complete update and they are even not like 1 hours game play they are barely 30 minutes game play
And now he need more time dont know what he was doing all this 3 moths when he just wanted to work on the last day
And not completing it
And now he go on a break

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Lol
Developer gives a update onces in every 3 months yet it's not complete update and they are even not like 1 hours game play they are barely 30 minutes game play
And now he need more time dont know what he was doing all this 3 moths when he just wanted to work on the last day
And not completing it
And now he go on a break
Yes, most people have summer vacations.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Lol
And not completing it
And now he go on a break
Oh no, Cena2001 needs a freebie, we must not take a break LOL.

On a more serious note, the update is clearly bigger than normal, and I appreciate that the two missing scenes were missing rather than in there being sub-par. It's much better that dev goes away to take a break and recharge (also putting his patreon on hold to not charge people for nothing).

May 27, 2017
Any actual sex scenes ??? Or slow burn only ??
None yet, slowest of burns, 13 months after first release still no sex scenes. But that's alright, because this VN has great characters and story. It's okay for every VN to not be a fuck-fest, we need some narrative focused ones as well.

Oh no, Cena2001 needs a freebie, we must not take a break LOL.

On a more serious note, the update is clearly bigger than normal, and I appreciate that the two missing scenes were missing rather than in there being sub-par. It's much better that dev goes away to take a break and recharge (also putting his patreon on hold to not charge people for nothing).
Better they take a break, rather than getting burned out and abandoning the project altogether. Even if they would have kept working, the quality of their work would have suffered. Besides, it's not like there's thousands of other VNs on this site, right?

Tennyson@

Dec 31, 2020
So finally they talked and there relationship is now getting better
I wonder what MC will do when he will see that person finally (break him or play it smartly and collect evidence against him because getting involve in a fight can increase the danger more for Charlotte and Emma)
Suzi had some kick-ass moments but yet she don't trust MC
And Emma well I loved every single moment of her in the game but there is a confusion she sees MC as father figure or she has a little crush on him (my opinion she wants a supportive figure which she never had that MC can fill it for her)
This was really a great update
Next update is definitely going to be great

Last edited:

Maou-sama Kei

Jun 30, 2017
To all current and future Developers that happen to read this, please always prioritize your health! Be it physical or mental, at certain points in life, no matter what you do, everyone gets to a breaking point, it's important to take a break, deep breath, get yourself back together and come back stronger.

Love this game, been playing it since day one which is rare for me, usually I wait for 0.5 version or depends on the amount of content, but since I saw the picture for it, read the overview, was drawn to it from the start. Think vast majority of people here will agree, it's better to miss out on an update or two, if it means the game continuing and eventually getting finish. There are too many game-gems that are abandoned and it's heartbreaking, it's not always about sex, some of these games really have interesting stories to tell. Take your time, we appreciate your work and we'll gladly wait for it to be continued!

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes