4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
I'm just wondering why most Devs keep telling us that they never find enough time for delivering updates faster, while they keep on flooding us/their Patrons with pinups, special Patreon renders, special Patrons' content and so on.

I think Patrons will always favour faster and bigger game updates over special renders and so on. Am I wrong?
I created 480 images for the last update (plus writing the story, dialogue, running a Discord server, etc.), while "flooding" my patrons with 10 pinups per month. As such the pinups account for a very small percentage of the work I do. And they serve other purposes too, like maintaining interest while waiting for the next update.

The unused images are just natural wastage (apart from the outfit renders, but they take literally minutes to do).

And patrons can pledge as much as they like. No one was pledging $20 until I created a $20 tier that offered more rewards. I also have people offering me $50 a month if I do custom renders.

So, yes. Patrons do care about other stuff over marginally quicker/larger releases.

chimidot

Oct 21, 2017
i'm missing 2 scenes:
1) when Charlotte and Emma are at the spa covered in 'mud'
2) at the swimming pool

what should i do to view them??

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
i'm missing 2 scenes:
1) when Charlotte and Emma are at the spa covered in 'mud'
2) at the swimming pool

what should i do to view them??
Nothing, for whatever reason the dev decided to release this as-is, which is why it is a beta, and yeah you will probably have to restart to before 0.8 to see the missing scenes when it is released fully.

Reactions: Repuci

chimidot

Oct 21, 2017
^ aah ok i thought i missed those scenes because i didn't have enough points or something like that.. thank you for your answer!

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
^ aah ok i thought i missed those scenes because i didn't have enough points or something like that.. thank you for your answer!
Nope, it is how it is for everyone, I think the dev couldn't figure out how to resolve things, so just jumped ahead with things.

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
Nope, it is how it is for everyone, I think the dev couldn't figure out how to resolve things, so just jumped ahead with things.
i think he didn't want us to wait too much for an update, and he already had this ready so he release this version, and he will fix things in the next update after the free time he needs. maybe you don't know that he had a couple of problems in the last weeks

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
It's okay, I'm not taking a month off. I've just suspended Patreon billing this month while I sort things out.

I'm working on the final version of v0.9 now. It will be 1-2 weeks.
Excellent job so far, and good update. Transitions (from scene to scene) are a lot better now than before which I appreciate. Minor criticism: T story arc seems to be overly short? (not just this update) For example, the sleepover with the sister, the party, the Charlotte red carpet event. I feel like its not as fleshed out...?

Also when the full 0.9 comes out, how much more content will there be?

Favorite adult VN game, keep up the good work! Once game is completed I will contribute to patreon.

Reactions: HillsideVN

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Excellent job so far, and good update. Transitions (from scene to scene) are a lot better now than before which I appreciate. Minor criticism: T story arc seems to be overly short? (not just this update) For example, the sleepover with the sister, the party, the Charlotte red carpet event. I feel like its not as fleshed out...?

Also when the full 0.9 comes out, how much more content will there be?

Favorite adult VN game, keep up the good work! Once game is completed I will contribute to patreon.
Unfortunately, a lot of things aren't as fleshed out as they should be. I've never undertaken a project like this before and I'm afraid by project management skills have been letting me down. Improving them is my main priority at the minute.

And difficult to say how much more content there will be. Should be 10% bigger at least. But everything was a bit rough so, as well as extra content, what was already there will hopefully be a little more polished too.

Thanks.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Don't worry about us, those who can read know that it is a beta and
those who can't read have to live with missing pictures.
I prefer to wait a few weeks longer and then enjoy the work you have done.
Just keep going, you're great.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes