4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
after beta comes delta and gamma which officially are public releases but in truth are public betas.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
after beta comes delta and gamma which officially are public releases but in truth are public betas.
The quality of each stage depends on the decisions and work ethics of the developer, there are no common rules or standards for them.
I would not dare to call DB's Hillside's public releases as betas, since I don't rememeber seeing many (or any) bugs worth mentioning in them, while it often seems to be the case for some other devs and some large companies, like Microsoft for example.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Interesting ideas. With Kaylah's influence, maybe Emma tries modeling as well.
Here's a fan art I did with that thought in mind.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then you'll have to save Emma from all the sickos as well as keeping Charlotte safe, as well as dealing with Johno, etc. I know he's a tough military guy and all but damn, he's only one man.

If Emma goes down a modeling rabbit hole with Kaylah's influence I already don't feel very good about any of it. That initial feeling of dread surrounding that entire concept is very strong.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6pak2go and Ayhsel

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
Then you'll have to save Emma from all the sickos as well as keeping Charlotte safe, as well as dealing with Johno, etc. I know he's a tough military guy and all but damn, he's only one man.

If Emma goes down a modeling rabbit hole with Kaylah's influence I already don't feel very good about any of it. That initial feeling of dread surrounding that entire concept is very strong.
I agree. I was just speculating about Kaylah's influence on Emma and where it could lead. Hopefully, that won't be the case.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I agree. I was just speculating about Kaylah's influence on Emma and where it could lead. Hopefully, that won't be the case.
That's why I said many weeks ago I don't like or trust Kaylah. I have a feeling she could bring a shitstorm to Emma & the MC. That dress posing contest they had where she told the MC to pick Emma gave me bad feelings.

If she convinces Emma, I don't know how I am going to react.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I wonder if MC will recommend to Suzie that she go through bodyguard / personal protection training as she has some of the aptitude and moves around in celebrity circles easy. :LOL:

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
That's why I said many weeks ago I don't like or trust Kaylah. I have a feeling she could bring a shitstorm to Emma & the MC. That dress posing contest they had where she told the MC to pick Emma gave me bad feelings.

If she convinces Emma, I don't know how I am going to react.
Ooor maybe you're reading into it way too much and it's just her being a good friend realising emma needs a boost of confidence?

Reactions: 6pak2go

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Ooor maybe you're reading into it way too much and it's just her being a good friend realising emma needs a boost of confidence?
Perhaps yes, but there's something about her that makes me uneasy.

I don't feel like her assault scene after Charlotte talked to her was real for some reason, almost set-up. I know that's in very poor taste to actually say, but to me it's not more than just coincidence. It's like, she's attempting to construct some sort of sob story, troubled background thing.

I don't know. I might be way the hell off base here, but as soon as I saw her in this game, I felt like and still feel she'll be trouble. If the game proves me wrong, great.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Perhaps yes, but there's something about her that makes me uneasy.

I don't feel like her assault scene after Charlotte talked to her was real for some reason, almost set-up. I know that's in very poor taste to actually say, but to me it's not more than just coincidence. It's like, she's attempting to construct some sort of sob story, troubled background thing.

I don't know. I might be way the hell off base here, but as soon as I saw her in this game, I felt like and still feel she'll be trouble. If the game proves me wrong, great.
At this point in the game, that's just probably your gut feeling but who knows tbh i haven't played the beta version yet

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
There are three points, the first is that the scene of the assault on her did not show any resistance. Remember the scene was strange, especially since DB made us watch before the scene of the assault on Charlotte and how she defended herself, then why did he not appear in the same way
The second is that I don't really trust her after Mc was about to have a job crisis because of her after she talked to him at the party and then Charlotte got away from Mc's sight.
The third is her attempt to change Emma. Emma must change. She shouldn't be shy most of the time. She is afraid of dealing with anyone new and can't stand up for herself, but seriously I'm afraid of the change she wants to make in Emma
1. Lack of resistance does not mean she was not assaulted. It only means she was too scared to resist.
2. Play that scene again. There's not even a hint she was trying to deliberately distract the MC from Charlotte. The fault here is entirely with the MC.
3. The only change she's tried to encourage in Emma is for Emma to believe in herself more. What's nefarious about trying to boost a person's confidence?

All suspicion of Kaylah at the moment is purely speculation. Nothing in the story events backs it up. And there is evidence in the story that she's a caring person who respects Charlotte and wants the best for Emma. Could she be an evil devious schemer who is an excellent actress so that she can pull off faking all of that? Sure. Do we have reason to suspect this? No.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Kaylah has flirted heavily with the MC. She's attracted to him and would like at the least a sexual relationship. That doesn't make her perverted. She's a confident woman who knows what she wants. Emma could do far worse than to be like her. Kaylah and Lucy are a lot alike in how they've approached the MC. The only significant difference being that Lucy is less confident about her appeal.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes