4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Of course everyone has their own way of seeing things differently than everyone else. That's what I see. I may be wrong. By the way, I don't see people who make the same choices as wrong, I just see that they have a different point of view.
There is no right or wrong mate, it's what you're comfortable with and that's absolutely fine, for you.
For some a game is an escape, a chance to do the things they'd never do for real, with no guilt or consequence.
For others the game is still an escape, but they associate with the MC so do not want to betray their own values, despite how the MC may be written.

These things are entirely subjective. To each their own. (y)

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
For me personally it depends on how an MC develops his character with the progress of the game in order to reflect myself with him completely. Witcher 3 is a good example of a pre-made character like Geralt, who I like to play and where I can empathize with his good hearted character if you play him like that. We have not always the same opinion, but i always try to get the happiest end. This also works very well with Skyrim, because you can create your own character there.

But now back to the MC from Hillside. The MC is a kind hearted guy to me personally, I can identify with him and play him through my eyes. However there are also things that I would have done differently in his place, for example sitting alone with Charlotte in her living room after you had accompanied her to her event, if I had full control over him i talked with her immediately about her and my past, our bad feelings and all that stuff to lighten our souls a little. But there are also games where I cannot identify with the character at all, this is mainly because the MC does things that are not morally justifiable for me, for example killing people or having a sexual interest in my own/MC sister, even if i don't have a sister of my own, i could never see myself in this MC. I can only see him as an independent character that has nothing to do with me and my personality and so the decisions i make for him are much easier for me.

And despite the fact that I'm only 23 years old and in real life I would be more interested in younger women like Emma or Suzie, I think Charlotte is the best option for the MC. Charlotte is about the same age and have a past like him which also includes a lot of pain and that's the reason I think they both fit together perfectly. But everyone has their own favorites and that's good.

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
For me personally it depends on how an MC develops his character with the progress of the game in order to reflect myself with him completely. Witcher 3 is a good example of a pre-made character like Geralt, who I like to play and where I can empathize with his good hearted character if you play him like that. We have not always the same opinion, but i always try to get the happiest end. This also works very well with Skyrim, because you can create your own character there.

But now back to the MC from Hillside. The MC is a kind hearted guy to me personally, I can identify with him and play him through my eyes. However there are also things that I would have done differently in his place, for example sitting alone with Charlotte in her living room after you had accompanied her to her event, if I had full control over him i talked with her immediately about her and my past, our bad feelings and all that stuff to lighten our souls a little. But there are also games where I cannot identify with the character at all, this is mainly because the MC does things that are not morally justifiable for me, for example killing people or having a sexual interest in my own/MC sister, even if i don't have a sister of my own, i could never see myself in this MC. I can only see him as an independent character that has nothing to do with me and my personality and so the decisions i make for him are much easier for me.

And despite the fact that I'm only 23 years old and in real life I would be more interested in younger women like Emma or Suzie, I think Charlotte is the best option for the MC. Charlotte is about the same age and have a past like him which also includes a lot of pain and that's the reason I think they both fit together perfectly. But everyone has their own favorites and that's good.
We don't control the story, we only control the choices the developer gives
Secondly, by the way, your age is close to mine, but as I said above, I look at that I am Mc and Mc is me, and since Emma is just a child and Mac is close to the age of forty. I think it's a something wrong I think the age difference between them makes Emma a nice daughter to Mc no more

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well for me it is just a game, I don't care if the dev flat out said yes Emma is 16, I am still going to fuck the little pawg and make her call me daddy while I creampie her.

I find it funny when people want to bring reality into sex games, I mean let's face it, between sexual assault, and zero counselling, the reality is, it would be years, if ever for Charlotte to have sex, hell she can't even admit she has a drinking problem, she still barely accepts the MC being there.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Looks like you didn't play the latest update as she got so comfortable with MC that she even invited him to the pool while she was there As for the point of Emma calling you daddyd while Mc has sex with her I don't think Mc is that kind of I don't even think the story will go in that direction, and I think DB will never write something like that
Looks like you didn't play the game period, it was what chapter 7 she said to call her Charlotte, then 5 minutes later in the next chapter, "I regret letting him call me Charlotte, he is too close to Emma, get rid of him", and that is just off the top of my head, there are more examples.
Big whoop, she is cool with the MC now, and in chapter 10 she will probably revert to type.

As for Emma's writing, I suggest you click this link and read what is written here.

Olejust

Feb 1, 2021
If the story is good enough I tend to make choices based on my own personal beliefs, then I will go back thru and set up 1 or more paths with bolder or lewder choices if that makes sense.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No, she will never go back to her old way of dealing with MC.
I'm afraid that you cannot say this as a fact, like this.
She could do, she might not.
You do not know.
Only the author/dev does.
Her past behaviour shows that it's certainly possible that she could go back to her old way of dealing with the MC.
She's done it before, so there is a precedent set.

"I don't think she will ever go back to her old way", is a very different statement from "She will never go back".
The former, you can say. Others can dispute it, because it's your opinion, but there is nothing wrong with saying this.
The latter is presented as a fact. Until it is written into the game and established, it is not a fact, so there clearly is something wrong with saying this.

It's what you think/what you feel, it's your opinion. But it is not established as a fact, so should not be presented as one in defence of your opinion.
Facts are indisputable.
Opinions are not.
Mc has made great progress. It is impossible to go back
It's really not.
It's quite common in recovery, it's called a relapse.

There is a huge difference between impossible & improbable.
I wouldn't even call this improbable.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Psychologically, it can only be if Mc does something that makes her come back to doubt him or not become comfortable around him. Otherwise, it's hard to happen and I can bet now that Charlotte won't treat MC like before unless he does something Changes her look at him By the way, if she are sure of his honesty here, she will have great confidence in him that will not be broken
Speaking personally about my own issues with relapse, it doesn't always take another person to set you off. It could be a dream that you had one night as well or something along those lines that can rehash things and make a person lose progress.

I know it's happened to me many times where I've had good upswings from my bipolar schizo bullshit but then I would have a dream about something that would bring things to the forefront and it would set the tone for many days ahead Relapses can happen at anytime to anyone who suffers from trauma and sometimes they're worse than the initial time.

At least, speaking from a person who's dealt with it many times, that's my opinion.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Psychologically, it can only be if Mc does something that makes her come back to doubt him or not become comfortable around him. Otherwise, it's hard to happen and I can bet now that Charlotte won't treat MC like before unless he does something Changes her look at him By the way, if she are sure of his honesty here, she will have great confidence in him that will not be broken
That's absolutely incorrect. Psychologically, or otherwise.

If the MC did something to make her doubt him, then she would be validated in having doubted him in the first place.
I expect she'd kick him out, at that point.
On the other hand, if MC does nothing to justify her doubts, she can still relapse on her own, depending on her frame of mind.
It's known as "nagging" doubt for a good reason.
Outside experiences, or her own perception, can alter how she's feeling &, therefore, how she responds.

She's already relaxed then put up the walls again. Nothing to do with MC's behaviour.
A precedent exists.

Any confidence that he inspires in her can be broken in a heartbeat with a wrong move.
Doubts about a person can exist, regardless of one's confidence in them.
One does not need to acknowledge a doubt, in order for it to exist. I'm sure that you're aware of the subconscious (no pun intended).
It doesn't even need to be a wrong move to make a doubt surface, it just has to hint at it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Excuse me, but Charlotte doesn't have Bipolar schizophrenia Charlotte suffers from a loss of confidence in men from previous experiences.There is no mental disorder here. She is afraid of any man harming her . It is a crisis of confidence when she finds someone to trust, as long as he does nothing to make her feel in danger. He will not lose that confidence. The closest example is that he stopped her in the sauna and prevented her from going out. However, she did not take any position against him. On the contrary, she became more comfortable with him and now we are taking steps forward. I do not think that there will be a setback of any kind.
Trauma's trauma, I would think after my dozen suicide attempts or attacking family members or things like that brings trauma. If you want to get into a pissing contest about this, trust me, I'll win

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Excuse me, but Charlotte doesn't have Bipolar schizophrenia Charlotte suffers from a loss of confidence in men from previous experiences.There is no mental disorder here. She is afraid of any man harming her . It is a crisis of confidence when she finds someone to trust, as long as he does nothing to make her feel in danger. He will not lose that confidence. The closest example is that he stopped her in the sauna and prevented her from going out. However, she did not take any position against him. On the contrary, she became more comfortable with him and now we are taking steps forward. I do not think that there will be a setback of any kind.
She got assaulted & raped & you think that all that did is give her a loss of confidence!!?
Having an unfounded fear of all men, due to the actions of one, is not a form of mental disorder? :unsure:
Paranoia springs to mind as an obvious retort.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
She got assaulted & raped & you think that all that did is give her a loss of confidence!!?
Having an unfounded fear of all men, due to the actions of one, is not a form of mental disorder? :unsure:
Paranoia springs to mind as an obvious retort.
Damn right it is. She's mentally scared, fragile, paranoid of men in general. And even though things with Mac might be going well, or at least better, there's no question that one night things can change; something she thinks about, dreams about, or if something else happens to Lucy or either of her kids. She'll never full mentally heal from things no matter how much her and the MC get along, progress into a real relationship or even further on.

To compare to another game, Avalon, where the main LI was assaulted, where she dreamt about things happening and would relapse. it never goes away. Relapse in its purest form. Avalon exploded on him one night after an argument about her father in just as much ferocity as her initial blowup. It's the same here with Charlotte. You can ALWAYS go back to how things her if the proper factors happen or "stars align".

She's mentally wounded, and she has every right to be. One little thing can cause a relapse; a thought, a dream, and event, etc, and we're back to square one. I very highly doubt nothing else is going to happen between them negatively, but I could be wrong, and it would make the story better if he stays by her side no matter how many times she relapses (if she does).

It would make her realize he only loves her more and shows he is truly dedicated to helping her and keeping her safe and staying by her side.

Paranoia is a big-part of it for sure.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Charlotte is surrounded by photographers, journalists and a lot of men and yet she goes to work and is considered the best model (based on what some people talk about in the game) it is for her I am afraid to enter a man in her personal life and with time she will know Mc is the best man and then she will be normal again because from the beginning she had no problem with men at all
Right. Of course.
You don't think that she's putting up a brave front and suppressing her fears, so that she can work and continue to support her children?

She got raped and assaulted. This is indisputably traumatic.
Trauma affects different people in different ways.
It's not generic, there is no "one size fits all".

She can (& has) relapsed with her treatment of the MC, through conditions 100% outside of his control.
Him showing her that she can trust him for certain things, does not remove the doubts that are carried (& validated to her) by her mental scars. It just suppresses them, but something as simple as a feeling can cause her to relapse.
He could do the most normal and natural thing. If it provokes an emotional response from her, regardless of what he actually did, she can be taken back to her trauma and shut him out, again.

So, you saying "she will never go back" & "it's impossible for her to go back" is blatantly wrong.
She has, so can & possibly will go back, at any given moment. As I said before, it's called a relapse.
Also saying that "only MC" can make her go back is blatantly wrong.
Her own mind can make her go back, at any given moment, regardless of the MC's action or intent.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
There is a line with MC. If Charlotte crosses it, there will be no fear that she will treat him with the same caution again. when she tells him about her past. If she does, she has reached the top of her trust with him and it is impossible to go back.
It is not impossible to go back, as has been proven in previous posts by both people responding to you.
Trust is not a gauge to be filled.
I trust my friend with certain things that he's accomplished in, but I also know what he's not good at, so would not necessarily trust him with those.
Trust is not a blanket that applies equally to everything.
It applies to what it's been earned & proven in.

I've seen person A jump into the river to save someone from drowning. I therefore think this person is likely to be a selfless, decent individual who cares about life. I'd trust them to help me, if I was in an accident.
Same as I would trust the doctor at the hospital.
Does this mean I should trust them with my life savings? No! Of course not.
Like I said above, there's a line when Charlotte crosses it, there's no turning back
& you're blatantly wrong. Turning back has already been displayed and is equally probable to happen again.
You do not know what will happen to Charlotte in the future, so to say something cannot happen, is ludicrous.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
She's mentally wounded, and she has every right to be. One little thing can cause a relapse; a thought, a dream, and event, etc, and we're back to square one. I very highly doubt nothing else is going to happen between them negatively, but I could be wrong, and it would make the story better if he stays by her side no matter how many times she relapses (if she does).

It would make her realize he only loves her more and shows he is truly dedicated to helping her and keeping her safe and staying by her side.

Paranoia is a big-part of it for sure.
100% (y)
I think that would make the story stronger and also develop the bond between them more strongly.
What it really requires, is for her to have a moment where she reacts badly towards Mac, but then for her to recognise that he's not the cause, her own mind/, her memory/experience of the traumatic event is.
That can be a bit of a breakthrough moment, for her.
As you say, if he's still there, supporting her and trying to help her, despite how she's acted towards him, then it makes their bond stronger, from her perspective.

20 years on & they're married & she feels safe.
She can still have a dream, or a feeling and relapse, again.
There isn't really a time limit on the effects of trauma.

The major thing that having a strong support network provides, is knowing that the people around you do not have any ill intent towards you.
But it still doesn't prevent the mind taking her back, under certain (perhaps even unforeseen) circumstances.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
We're going back. Can you hear yourself? She invited him to the pool while her whole family was there While at first she was watching Mac while Emma was there All the steps were forward We weren't one step back and it wouldn't happen
That's called progress.
It does not prevent the possibility of a relapse. Not in any way, shape or form.
You cannot even have a relapse, without making progress first.
Get a grip.

I never once said "We ARE going back".
You said that it was "impossible to go back".
It is not.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
100% (y)
I think that would make the story stronger and also develop the bond between them more strongly.
What it really requires, is for her to have a moment where she reacts badly towards Mac, but then for her to recognise that he's not the cause, her own mind/, her memory/experience of the traumatic event is.
That can be a bit of a breakthrough moment, for her.
As you say, if he's still there, supporting her and trying to help her, despite how she's acted towards him, then it makes their bond stronger, from her perspective.

20 years on & they're married & she feels safe.
She can still have a dream, or a feeling and relapse, again.
There isn't really a time limit on the effects of trauma.

The major thing that having a strong support network provides, is knowing that the people around you do not have any ill intent towards you.
But it still doesn't prevent the mind taking her back, under certain (perhaps even unforeseen) circumstances.
100% agreed on all of it. This is the kind of story where the two main characters can go through hell together before anything real happens between them, and it would take that breakthrough moment for her to realize he's going to be with her, no matter what, because that's what she needs and that's what love really is and ultimately comes down to.

I think it could get messy again before it finally hits that real upswing that we all want, and that would make this game and this story pretty damn good in my eyes, more so than it already is.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
100% agreed on all of it. This is the kind of story where the two main characters can go through hell together before anything real happens between them, and it would take that breakthrough moment for her to realize he's going to be with her, no matter what, because that's what she needs and that's what love really is and ultimately comes down to.

I think it could get messy again before it finally hits that real upswing that we all want, and that would make this game and this story pretty damn good in my eyes, more so than it already is.
I am actually quite interested in the "messy" element. I am intrigued to see them fight through adversity together and develop, individually and collectively.
Watching her develop on the journey to overcome her doubts and fears, to the point where they can be functional as a couple, is hugely interesting.
To me, anyway. lol

I'll take an interesting story over "She's had major trauma, but MC showed up with magic cock and she forgot all about it, in the space of a couple of weeks" every time.
It never happened that we took one step back.
Yes, it did.
Pay attention, it helps.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes