4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
Did I miss something? The game said its updated to be final. I downloaded it and it ended exactly where the last update did.
You played a beta version of v0.9, with missing scenes. This is the final v0.9, with the same end (not sure, didn't played the beta). To see the complete scenes you must start again v0.9.

Reactions: _Maou_

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
To me, the story should not be about solving the mystery of who the bad guys are. This is not a whodunnit mystery game after all. Purposely hiding the who for long period of time simply doesn't work well because no matter who the bad guys are, they would mostly be irrelevant (the bad guys are not going to be anyone of actual importance). Their identities are not the main issue. It's what they did, and how MC (and others) deal with it that matters.
Disclaimer: I've not played the update yet. Should be doing that over the weekend.

The who of the actor being hidden probably makes sense if it's from the perspective of Charlotte, who does not want the MC to know who he is, or anyone in Charlotte's family who knows and knows it is Charlotte's secret to tell.

This VN is not primarily about investigating the stalker, but the mystery is required for the story to proceed. The who of the stalker is the MacGuffin. It's what drives the story. If it is revealed, then he can be arrested and the story is over because there's no more reason for the MC to be around. So it can't be revealed until another reason is established.

As long as the character story keeps moving, I'll be happy. I don't really care who the stalker is. If I start to feel the character story has stalled, I may feel as you do. We'll see after this update (up to now I think the progression has been just fine.)

Re: Kaylah vs Suzi, I definitely prefer Kaylah over someone who has done nothing but be unpleasant to the MC when he's there to protect her sister and mother. And yes, I know the arguments about how she didn't know he's there for Emma. But she did know he was there for protection of the family, by now she has suspicions about it being mainly for Emma (before this update already.) She's had a chance to meet him and see how he treats people, as well as hear from Emma how he's a good guy. Until she can start to see that, why would I care about her at all?

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
This game is great, but I really wish it won't get stuck on the who for so many things for so long. Clearly MC knows who the A-lister that beat up Charlotte, but the game kept on just referring to the person as "him" as if there is any importance that the name needs to be hidden away from the players. Similarly, we still don't know who sent the letters, who took photos, and who sent messages to Emma. The one thing we know of who is Johno, but we haven't even seen this Johno yet.

To me, the story should not be about solving the mystery of who the bad guys are. This is not a whodunnit mystery game after all. Purposely hiding the who for long period of time simply doesn't work well because no matter who the bad guys are, they would mostly be irrelevant (the bad guys are not going to be anyone of actual importance). Their identities are not the main issue. It's what they did, and how MC (and others) deal with it that matters.

Also, while I understand that Charlotte and Emma are the two main female characters, I can't help but think Suzi ended up being far too neglected to the point that she seems less important than even someone like Kaylah. I wonder whether that has always been the plan, or the dev simply changed the game to accommodate patrons' preference (I assume supermodel Kaylah is more likeable than the angry Suzi?).

We're nearing the 10th update of the game, and while I appreciate slow burn to build things up, the only progress so far is the change on how Charlotte treated MC. Suzi still dislikes MC. Emma is still being stalked/bullied/Zacked. Lucy is still trying to get into MC's pants. The dev has been doing an excellent job in making the characters feel alive, but I really hope some plot points will start making meaningful progression.
I agree. There's a difference between slowburn and tires spinning in mud. As you say, there's been basically no development on any of the plot points or characters. 0.9 more or less ends where 0.8 or 0.7 did. Even the whole Zak subplot hasn't made any progress and has even gone backwards, as Emma is back to liking Zak. Only real progression is that Charlotte likes MC more, and that Emma now knows what a vibrator is.

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
Same my dude. There's few novels that would allow like father and daughter bonds without having it turn sexual.
I don't think I will find a game in which a girl says to MC Dad except they are having sex and this is disgusting I don't want to see this game turn into anything like this

• Haha
Reactions: Soundgfx

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
alright, went through the update, and I have to say, and sorry for the harshness, but I fucking hate Kaylah. I just know, absolutely KNOW that she's going to lead Emma down a very dark, unsavory path. My MC obviously turned her down without second thought (I don't think I've ever pushed a button in a VN that quickly) but her influence on Emma is not going to be a very good thing at all.

If anything like what happened to Charlotte happens to Emma in this game I don't know if I will continue to play it. When I originally got the game, the Charlotte flashback scenes made me uninstall the game for a while because I was sickened by it. I'm not going to come back a second time if it happens to Emma.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This VN is not primarily about investigating the stalker, but the mystery is required for the story to proceed. The who of the stalker is the MacGuffin. It's what drives the story. If it is revealed, then he can be arrested and the story is over because there's no more reason for the MC to be around. So it can't be revealed until another reason is established.
This is exactly what's wrong IMO. The VN doesn't need the mystery for the story to proceed. The stalker being arrested doesn't mean the story is over. There are still other plot in the game such as Charlotte's problem with the A-lister, Emma's story with Zack, etc.

Re: Kaylah vs Suzi, I definitely prefer Kaylah over someone who has done nothing but be unpleasant to the MC when he's there to protect her sister and mother. And yes, I know the arguments about how she didn't know he's there for Emma. But she did know he was there for protection of the family, by now she has suspicions about it being mainly for Emma (before this update already.) She's had a chance to meet him and see how he treats people, as well as hear from Emma how he's a good guy. Until she can start to see that, why would I care about her at all?
You completely misunderstood my point. It's not about Kaylah vs Suzi. It's about Suzi being one of the four main female characters, but being so underdeveloped in the game that she's overshadowed by someone who is merely a side character like Kaylah.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
alright, went through the update, and I have to say, and sorry for the harshness, but I fucking hate Kaylah. I just know, absolutely KNOW that she's going to lead Emma down a very dark, unsavory path. My MC obviously turned her down without second thought (I don't think I've ever pushed a button in a VN that quickly) but her influence on Emma is not going to be a very good thing at all.

If anything like what happened to Charlotte happens to Emma in this game I don't know if I will continue to play it. When I originally got the game, the Charlotte flashback scenes made me uninstall the game for a while because I was sickened by it. I'm not going to come back a second time if it happens to Emma.
The way I see it is that Kaylah is a surrogate or an "alter ego" version of Emma. Mostly obvious is the physical similarity between the two with basically the same hair and eye colour. However more interestingly is if you view Kaylah as Emma's idealised self-image. Where Emma is a shy introvert, Kaylah is a confident extrovert. Where Emma is an aspiring fashion designer and admires her mother's career, Kaylah is quite literally Charlotte's protégé. Emma is sexually clueless, Kaylah (particular in this update) is sexually confident and even teaches Emma. Emma is the recipient of MC's paternal affection, while Kaylah is (possibly) the recipient of MC's sexual affection.

While Kaylah is obviously 'real' in the context of the story and not some sci-fi mental projection or whatever, I think it's far more interesting if you view Kaylah's role in the meta-narrative in this way.

Last edited:

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Anyone else has that weird bug after the mud and sauna? Where like the game skips to like Charlote and MC kissing? And I'm like AYO WTF? It even says Scene missing.... and a bunch of "Images xxxxx Missing" errors. PLS HELP

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
To anyone not liking a character, remember its just a game :), but to get that involved in the story must make the Dev proud he has been able to draw the (player) in.
This could be said about other VN's as well

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes