4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020
I agree with you that it doesn't need to be a major portion of the story content, but ...

You don't usually resolve a MacGuffin. Or do anything meaningful with it. There's no need to be invested (though personally I am intrigued, and others may care more than you think.) But as a story catalyst, it must continue to feature because once it's gone the story loses its reason for being. The only way to eliminate it is to first set up other coherent reasons for the story to continue. Which I don't think has happened yet.

A good example of resolving a MacGuffin that caused problems is Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks was never about the murder of Laura Palmer. It was about what happened to and around the people during the resulting investigation. After the murder was solved (I believe due to studio pressure) the series lost focus, and needed to come up with reasons for Agent Cooper to stick around. A lot of good stuff followed, but it took a while to recover.

Up to the last version of Hillside, I don't think the stalker plot has taken up much story time. Perhaps my perception is off, but that's how it seems to me. Did it suddenly take up a lot in this update?

There's also the possibility this interpretation is incorrect and the mystery of the stalker matters to the story. In which case resolving it early isn't really appropriate. It would be unusual (though not unthinkable) for a mystery story to resolve the central mystery before the end. But I would expect the investigation to progress and so feature more, which is why I suspect it's a MacGuffin.

"The Owls are not what they seem!"

cognu

Aug 24, 2017
I really like this vn, i really do.
All characters are so well written, and are endearing in one way or another (Lucy's insecurities, Charlie's past, Emma's innocence, Suzy's fire...)
It's so weird to have already multiple saves for each one of the characters when, in reality, relationship wise, nothing happened yet (Only with Lucy, and he's putting a stop to keep things civil)

But i have to be honest, i have a worry... the dev expressed that this will end late next year (Correct me if i'm wrong, i might as well be...), so if we are generous, that's like... 7-8 updates? So by that estimation we are halfway through and so far of any kind intimate relationship (Kaylah came close so is Lucy, but he wants to keep things slow)...

So i was wondering before when things gets rolling if the dev will have enough time to nurture all those future relationship, or we'll just end with the start of those relationship as a happy ending, because... by this update, Only Lucy and Kaylah are in the zone for any kind of intimate relationship, the others are so far off that it's hard to assume that we'll come close to anything this year.

My worry is because, even if i love the story and the characters, i'm far more invested on how the relationship develops, not only the start, but the progression with any of them, and i have a though that the latter might not be possible with the ending being next year.

I'm in for the slow burn... but when things get hot, i want it to melt the core and not only the surface, if someone gets me.
So, i'm the only one with this kind of perception,or i'm totally far off

Last edited:

Kingkela

Oct 5, 2020
Anyone else has that weird bug after the mud and sauna? Where like the game skips to like Charlote and MC kissing? And I'm like AYO WTF? It even says Scene missing.... and a bunch of "Images xxxxx Missing" errors. PLS HELP
Ignor and it should go to the next page

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I really like this vn, i really do.
All characters are so well written, and are endearing in one way or another (Lucy's insecurities, Charlie's past, Emma's innocence, Suzy's fire...)
It's so weird to have already multiple saves for each one of the characters when, in reality, relationship wise, nothing happened yet (Only with Lucy, and he's putting a stop to keep things civil)

But i have to be honest, i have a worry... the dev expressed that this will end late next year (Correct me if i'm wrong, i might as well be...), so if we are generous, that's like... 7-8 updates? So by that estimation we are halfway through and so far of any kind intimate relationship (Kaylah came close so is Lucy, but he wants to keep things slow)...

So i was wondering before when things gets rolling if the dev will have enough time to nurture all those future relationship, or we'll just end with the start of those relationship as a happy ending, because... by this update, Only Lucy and Kaylah are in the zone for any kind of intimate relationship, the others are so far off that it's hard to assume that we'll come close to anything this year.

My worry is because, even if i love the story and the characters, i'm far more invested on how the relationship develops, not only the start, but the progression with any of them, and i have a though that the latter might not be possible with the ending being next year.

I'm in for the slow burn... but when things get hot, i want it to melt the core and not only the surface, if someone gets me.
So, i'm the only one with this kind of perception,or i'm totally far off
I personally think it's going to take something very big for Charlotte to get into that headspace when it comes to Mac. Something is going to happen where he shows her how much he cares and loves her that she's going to realize he's the one she wants to be with.

It's not going to be a casual thing to start off by any means. For her to open up like and to fully trust him, it's going to have to be a huge event; like him saving Emma, or him saving her (maybe repeatedly for both) but however it happens with the MC and Charlotte, it's going to be the one event in this game that changes everything.

I don't care for the other girls (Lucy, Suzi, Kaylah) and only trying to be the daddy figure Emma needs. I personally don't care about the sex stuff as the story in this game is well worth playing for.

Last edited:

Abhiz97

Dec 18, 2017
This is NOT that type of game; you want that, go play The Visit, Sisterly Lust, Parental Love, an NLT game, whatever.

There is NOTHING about this game that points to anything like that.
I mean...the MC gets involved with multiple models, right? at least the central main image makes me believe so. That's why I asked.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks. Even if it's not anything sexual, doesn't matter. As long as the relationship is actually going someplace and not sitting stagnant.
Yeah it was one of the scenes that was added that wasn't in the beta. It's a pretty good little scene. I mean my MC rejected the kiss from her so mine was more platonic.

Don't know how it is for those that did kiss her.

jufot

May 15, 2021
LOL at all the people coming up with misogynistic conspiracy theories about Kayla when she didn't do a single bad thing. A confident young woman wants a simple FWB arrangement with a hot guy? Must be a slut! Must have faked her assault! Must be trying to "steal" a single man from a single woman! She wants to help a horribly sheltered, sweet young girl with basic sex ed? Must be trying to turn her into a slut!

Jesus fucking christ people...

CaptainSpunk

Apr 30, 2020
The stalker has stopped taking photos and perving on the daughter, only one letter in the last few updates….he needs to up his game anyone got any guesses on who the stalker is? I think it’s the Actor that beat her mother

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes