4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020
the game is very nice but please make it a little longer and fast. next update should be at least 2gb
Perhaps not.

V0.1 was launched in May 2020. About a year later V0.8 arrived, and the game then had reached 1Gb in size.
So a 2gb update would take about 2 years for the dev to create.

Care to wait that long?

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
the game is very nice but please make it a little longer and fast. next update should be at least 2gb
Yeah, and add levels, abilities, skill trees, character customisation, hot blue aliens and a paragon/renegade balance.

Oh wait, that's Mass Effect. My bad.

Seriously man, 2gb ? Faster ? This game has already faster release than most games on this site. DB is working alone.

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020
A few moments ago, smth came into my mind and hit me like Mjölnir....

Charlie mentioned now a few times, she has a feeling she met the MC before, but he said this doesn't happened.

Ok two solutions:

1. The easy one...

They have met before, maybe on a event, where he has to work and they did some short small talk.

2. The "dark one"...

We know now, that the first Emma was also a model, right?

What if...

She was a few years ago, the same was Kaylah is nowadays. Some sort of Protegee for Charlie, maybe even a friend.
(Or someone near as a friend as you could be in this business. Kaylah mentioned that Charlie is an expectation in this Shark Pool.)

What if...

The Model Emma and the MC had a secret relationship. (I think we can be pretty sure about that)
And the Model Emma told Charlie that she is not happy in her current relationship (with the A - List Actor and he threated her not very well, as the Ahole he is), but she found somone (obviously the MC) and both felt in love, but it has to be a secret, bc the Model Emma is afraid that something bad would happen, if the Actor knows about it.
(and this could be a reason Charlie acted so cold towards the Actor, bc she knew that he is a sadistic Motherfu....)

What if...

The Model Emma showed Charlie some Pictures, being her together with the MC. (Hiking together, being on the secret Beach, sth like that...)
And she told Charlie, that this pictures were the happiest moments in her life so far, and this is the reason Charlie has this feeling she met the MC in the Past, (bc she is also happy, that her girlfriend has found somenone in her life) but she isn't completely sure, if or when they met.
Maybe the Mc looked different on the Picture (a few years younger, and/or other clothing and hair style...)

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
A few moments ago, smth came into my mind and hit me like Mjölnir....

Charlie mentioned now a few times, she has a feeling she met the MC before, but he said this doesn't happened.

Ok two solutions:

1. The easy one...

They have met before, maybe on a event, where he has to work and they did some short small talk.

2. The "dark one"...

We know now, that the first Emma was also a model, right?

What if...

She was a few years ago, the same was Kaylah is nowadays. Some sort of Protegee for Charlie, maybe even a friend.
(Or someone near as a friend as you could be in this business. Kaylah mentioned that Charlie is an expectation in this Shark Pool.)

What if...

The Model Emma and the MC had a secret relationship. (I think we can be pretty sure about that)
And the Model Emma told Charlie that she is not happy in her current relationship (with the A - List Actor and he threated her not very well, as the Ahole he is), but she found somone (obviously the MC) and both felt in love, but it has to be a secret, bc the Model Emma is afraid that something bad would happen, if the Actor knows about it.
(and this could be a reason Charlie acted so cold towards the Actor, bc she knew that he is a sadistic Motherfu....)

What if...

The Model Emma showed Charlie some Pictures, being her together with the MC. (Hiking together, being on the secret Beach, sth like that...)
And she told Charlie, that this pictures were the happiest moments in her life so far, and this is the reason Charlie has this feeling she met the MC in the Past, (bc she is also happy, that her girlfriend has found somenone in her life) but she isn't completely sure, if or when they met.
Maybe the Mc looked different on the Picture (a few years younger, and/or other clothing and hair style...)

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
got the chills from reading all that. Any of that I think is absolutely possible.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
1627351290521.png

Charlotte on the hood of her car. Is it a photoshoot? Or is something else going on?

Hi.
I hope you are all doing well. This is just a quick post to update you on what's happening.
Last week was spent catching up on Patreon rewards that I had fallen behind on, and working on some things that I'd originally planned to post back in May to celebrate Hillside's first birthday. I will be posting all of these this week.
Then I'll be working on the story and will post the first v0.10 teasers for everyone at the weekend.
Thanks,
DB

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I presume you mean acting lessons.
That fire made me delete that game and everything else with DrPinkCake's name on it.
I simply didn't trust that developer anymore.
Partially why I stopped playing a certain game *cough* DIK *cough* That fire scene ruined me emotionally for about 4-5 days.

I initially removed this game from my hard drive after the Charlotte flashback scenes, now I just turn my head for a second or two and CTRL through them

Reactions: Paldor

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
Partially why I stopped playing a certain game *cough* DIK *cough* That fire scene ruined me emotionally for about 4-5 days.

I initially removed this game from my hard drive after the Charlotte flashback scenes, now I just turn my head for a second or two and CTRL through them
To be right, Charlotte's flashback scenes still make me angry, But every time it makes me more waiting for revenge, must respond to the violence of these bastards with the same coin

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
View attachment 1320847

Charlotte on the hood of her car. Is it a photoshoot? Or is something else going on?

Hi.
I hope you are all doing well. This is just a quick post to update you on what's happening.
Last week was spent catching up on Patreon rewards that I had fallen behind on, and working on some things that I'd originally planned to post back in May to celebrate Hillside's first birthday. I will be posting all of these this week.
Then I'll be working on the story and will post the first v0.10 teasers for everyone at the weekend.
Thanks,
DB
Charlotte :love:
received_3947904351985734.jpeg

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
That fire made me delete that game and everything else with DrPinkCake's name on it.
That scene (and most generally that game) was pretty intense. Sad, dark and all, but awesome. Acting Lessons has a good damn storytelling and that way it tricks the player is great. And the moonlight sonata for the flashback was a perfect choice...
That fire made me translate the game in French so other people can play it :LOL:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
XI There shall be no fire so you don't have to choose.
That scene (and most generally that game) was pretty intense. Sad, dark and all, but awesome. Acting Lessons has a good damn storytelling and that way it tricks the player is great. And the moonlight sonata for the flashback was a perfect choice...
That fire made me translate the game in French so other people can play it :LOL:
Actually, Acting Lessons is a great game BECAUSE of the fire and its consequences.. Take that away, and it is an average "everybody wants to fuck Gary Stu MC".

Bracing myself for a cascade of facepalms, I would love a similar striking moment happening in Hillside.

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
Actually, Acting Lessons is a great game BECAUSE of the fire and its consequences.. Take that away, and it is an average "everybody wants to fuck Gary Stu MC".

Bracing myself for a cascade of facepalms, I would love a similar striking moment happening in Hillside.
My friend, this will be the worst thing to happen in the game. You seem to like drama, but there She was her friend. She can move on. Here she will be a daughter or a mother. This can't not be easily move on. Here is a family that will be destroyed. This will be the worst decision DB might take in the game Imagine Charlotte losing Emma. This could destroy her entire life. Charlotte will never get over this or Emma lose Charlotte. I don't know how this will affect Emma's life, but I think that this will destroy her life and her dreams completely

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020
Uhmmm.....wellllllllll......personally i have two possible endings in my mind.

1. A happy Ending (i bet everyone on the Charlotte Route is hoping for.)

2. A very, very dark ending, maybe even Acting Lessons is a walk in a park or a Kindergarden Party.

Interested for some more Fan Fiction?

yay or nay?

If so and i have time at the weekend, i'll post. (Hidden as spoiler of course)

So just to let you know, some of my favourite Movies are "The Crow" or "Sin City" so brace yourself......

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
but there She was her friend. She can move on. Here she will be a daughter or a mother. This can't not be easily move on. Here is a family that will be destroyed.
First I disagree strongly with this. In AL, it is clear both MC and the alive friend remained their whole life very affected by the event. It is moving on only in the sense of accepting to live with the grief so that they can allow to feel something else.
I preferred Melissa (by a lot), so I let Meghan died in my "canon" ending. And it really breaks her apart. Which leads me to the second part. I really disagree your point that they were "friends", which you are hinting is less a relationship that daughter/mother can have. Sometimes friends ties are more important than blood related.

That is particularly true for Melissa, whose family sucked. Meghan was her one true family, in some sense. And she now has to live her whole life with the feeling that "I'm alive because she is dead". That was what made such a strong emotion in the reader. That is why picking was so hard.

Which brings me back to a discussion I have a few days ago about how important choices must be in game. Real choices. Making that event a choice in the hands of the player is what for many it was soo hard. That is, in my opinion, one of the marvels of visual novels that I wished more developer focus on. Very few choices, but with a lot of emotional meaning, make for the best games.*

*of course many choices with a lot of emotional meaning would be fine, but we have to be realistic on the development process account.
And, just to mention, I don't mind kinetic novels, if the experience is equally good, though. But the effect of choosing outcomes and living with consequences is lost.

This will be the worst decision DB might take in the game Imagine Charlotte losing Emma. This could destroy her entire life. Charlotte will never get over this or Emma lose Charlotte. I don't know how this will affect Emma's life, but I think that this will destroy her life and her dreams completely
I am not saying it has to be something so copy paste: save one, let the other die. In fact, for me, there would be almost no question about which one to save.

Emma. The one I love, the one that is young, the one that I must protect as my job, they are all one and the same. That is, the choice for me is absolutely obvious. I am not joking when I say I would kill anyone, even. I think I may only hesitate with Suzy.
SO, no, I wish it would be something else. But equally meaningful. No idea what, though, but something good that breaks your heart and drowns you in despair.

That is when a novel really touches you.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes