4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Uhmmm.....wellllllllll......personally i have two possible endings in my mind.

1. A happy Ending (i bet everyone on the Charlotte Route is hoping for.)

2. A very, very dark ending, maybe even Acting Lessons is a walk in a park or a Kindergarden Party.

Interested for some more Fan Fiction?

yay or nay?

If so and i have time at the weekend, i'll post. (Hidden as spoiler of course)

So just to let you know, some of my favourite Movies are "The Crow" or "Sin City" so brace yourself......
I enjoy reading. So if you enjoy writing, I would most likely read it. :)

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
First I disagree strongly with this. In AL, it is clear both MC and the alive friend remained their whole life very affected by the event. It is moving on only in the sense of accepting to live with the grief so that they can allow to feel something else.
I preferred Melissa (by a lot), so I let Meghan died in my "canon" ending. And it really breaks her apart. Which leads me to the second part. I really disagree your point that they were "friends", which you are hinting is less a relationship that daughter/mother can have. Sometimes friends ties are more important than blood related.

That is particularly true for Melissa, whose family sucked. Meghan was her one true family, in some sense. And she now has to live her whole life with the feeling that "I'm alive because she is dead". That was what made such a strong emotion in the reader. That is why picking was so hard.

Which brings me back to a discussion I have a few days ago about how important choices must be in game. Real choices. Making that event a choice in the hands of the player is what for many it was soo hard. That is, in my opinion, one of the marvels of visual novels that I wished more developer focus on. Very few choices, but with a lot of emotional meaning, make for the best games.*

*of course many choices with a lot of emotional meaning would be fine, but we have to be realistic on the development process account.
And, just to mention, I don't mind kinetic novels, if the experience is equally good, though. But the effect of choosing outcomes and living with consequences is lost.

I am not saying it has to be something so copy paste: save one, let the other die. In fact, for me, there would be almost no question about which one to save.

The one I love, the one that is young, the one that I must protect as my job, they are all one and the same. That is, the choice for me, is absolutely obvious. SO, no, I wish it would be something else. But equally meaningful. No idea what, though, but something good that breaks your heart and drowns you in despair.

That is when a novel really touches you.
Although I have read many novels that end with the death of the hero, or even worse than death, or even his transformation into a monstrosity, he lost his feelings and morals, but here I do not wish to see any of this, this family has suffered enough to lose one of its members It will make the game very dark. A bad ending is the last thing I wait here and believe me, it may be shocking when there is a sad ending, you feel surprised, angry and sad, but a sad ending does not make you repeat the game again.(at least for me) But a happy ending might make me replay a lot

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Although I have read many novels that end with the death of the hero, or even worse than death, or even his transformation into a monstrosity, he lost his feelings and morals, but here I do not wish to see any of this, this family has suffered enough to lose one of its members It will make the game very dark. A bad ending is the last thing I wait here and believe me, it may be shocking when there is a sad ending, you feel surprised, angry and sad, but a sad ending does not make you repeat the game again.(at least for me) But a happy ending might make me replay a lot
Oh I am fine with happy endings too. The road is important, not just the ending.

EDIT: to make sure I am clear. I like happy ending, sad endings, evil endings. All kind of endings, as long as they make sense to the plot.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
A bad ending doesn't make sense for this game, outside of the girls learning that MC is cheating on them all and they all leave him. That is your bad ending. MC being alone and in disgrace.

The MC would have to fail at his job epically if these dark endings happen.

If Emma is dead, that means her stalker got her. Nobody in the game is going to have anything to do with MC if that happens. They'll all hate him.

If Charlotte is dead, that means her attacker got her. Nobody in the game is going to have anything to do with MC if that happens.

If anyone dies in this game, it'll be directly MC's fault. He is supposed to protect them.

If you want a path that results in death, you might as well kill them all. Because if Emma dies, Charlotte would kill herself. If Charlotte dies, Emma would probably kill herself too. That is way, way, way too dark. This game is a semi-linear romance game, not a big branching story like AL. These super dark endings would literally destroy the game.

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
Personally i don't need any more drama in Hillside. When I think of the pictures from Charlotte's past, how she was almost raped or when she was hit in the face with lost teeth and when I think of Acting Lessons it took me one damn week to come down a bit after the story ended. So for me personally a nice ending is enough where MC and Charlotte get married and he adopts Emma and Suzie. Of course, I also have the feeling that the end is not so fairytale-like, because I still think that the ending is similar to the one in the bodyguard movie where the sister of the famous woman dies in the end. Maybe Lucy sacrifices herself for her sister, she seems very selfless and would protect her family at all costs. Similar to Arthur in Red Dead or Vesemir in Witcher.

Reactions: 6pak2go

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
Actually, Acting Lessons is a great game BECAUSE of the fire and its consequences.. Take that away, and it is an average "everybody wants to fuck Gary Stu MC".

Bracing myself for a cascade of facepalms, I would love a similar striking moment happening in Hillside.
So if there really be such tragic endings in Hillside, then i need a bed in the Hillside hospital and Charlotte and Emma as my nurses. Thanks to you guys if you make it possible for me. ;)

In Red Dead, when John takes Arthur revenge from Micah, the scene is more than enough to make you feel good and move on. I hope to see something similar when Mc taking the revenge in this game.
Red Dead 2, sad end but mega awesome game. Micah deserved what he got, this bastard.

So just to let you know, some of my favourite Movies are "The Crow" or "Sin City" so brace yourself......
The Crow is also a damn good movie i always watch it on Halloween. The tragic death of leading actor Brandon Lee added also a mystic aura to the movie.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So if there really be such tragic endings in Hillside, then i need a bed in the Hillside hospital and Charlotte and Emma as my nurses. Thanks to you guys if you make it possible for me.
Mmmm if there is such an ending I might start stabbing people with an ice pick and then shoot myself in the foot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Wonder Wolf

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
View attachment 1322518

Is Lucy going to lose another man to Charlotte?
As much as I love Charlotte, that picture makes me feel REALLY bad for Lucy, like REAAAALLLLY bad. Not the kind of thing I want to think about before bed. I'm not even going to scroll up and look at it again. :(

Post Edit: I feel like I should throw Lucy a "pity fuck" playthrough just to see her smile

Last edited:

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
As much as I love Charlotte, that picture makes me feel REALLY bad for Lucy, like REAAAALLLLY bad. Not the kind of thing I want to think about before bed. I'm not even going to scroll up and look at it again. :(

Post Edit: I feel like I should throw Lucy a "pity fuck" playthrough just to see her smile
I'm totally with you on that. It's going to be really hard to see her upset and/or cry when my MC and Charlotte get together. Maybe hook her up with Steve if he can settle down with one woman? Who knows how DB will play it out. Could be good, could be bad.

Here's a nice fan art Lucy portrait from the previous setup.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Partially why I stopped playing a certain game *cough* DIK *cough* That fire scene ruined me emotionally for about 4-5 days.

I initially removed this game from my hard drive after the Charlotte flashback scenes, now I just turn my head for a second or two and CTRL through them
So is that game a trap, i just start to play it and my god i'm all sticky as if i fell in a honey pot!! My god they are so sweet with all that mother daughter love that it becomes almost disgusting.
The mother supposed to be the best MILF in the world doesn't attract me at all and the daughter looks and behave like a ten years old little mommy's girl.
I don't know, i'm hesitating and if this game has later some painfull crap AL like, maybe i better give up before it's too late.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
So is that game a trap, i just start to play it and my god i'm all sticky as if i fell in a honey pot!! My god they are so sweet with all that mother daughter love that it becomes almost disgusting.
The mother supposed to be the best MILF in the world doesn't attract me at all and the daughter looks and behave like a ten years old little mommy's girl.
I don't know, i'm hesitating and if this game has later some painfull crap AL like, maybe i better give up before it's too late.
200.gif

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018

As it is in real life, love cannot be forced. Everyone probably had this experience at some point in their life and even as a player it will be difficult to make a decision here, because both Charlotte and Lucy deserve a man who is loyal and caring and who sees the woman not as an object but as an independent person. Someone who can give you security and a save life and MC is this person, but he is just there once and then unfortunately the woman who cannot have him as a life time partner can only congratulate the lucky couple and accept his decision for the lady of his heart.

Of course it doesn’t mean that the person who doesn’t get the MC will or has to be alone forever.
I believe that everyone will find the right partner for them, you just have to be patient and never despair, because if you get desperate, you won't get out of this situation so quickly.

Last edited:

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Yes maybe i'm a bit of an old prick, but today i already had to give up about a game i liked because it went down a path i disliked a lot!!;)
So my concern about this game is not exactly about the drama, i actually liked AL even with the bad ending.
No my concern is about the quality of that drama, if it's well written and not a compilation of clichés, i'm ok, but i have seen so many games putting stupid drama or gangsta shit that i have some doubts.
For example a game like Shattered was really hard on me sometimes but i loved it totally.

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020

I really feel bad for her. She's the best sister anyone could ever want. She helped Charlotte with everything and then defended her against someone who could have hurt her. I think MC would have left if he hadn't known why Charlotte was treating him so badly, and she was the one who made her take MC to the event. Charlotte wouldn't have done it alone. She's a really good sister. I hope MC can introduce her to Steve and that he's be a good guy and find her happy in the end.

Turki 10

Oct 17, 2020
As it is in real life, love cannot be forced. Everyone probably had this experience at some point in their life and even as a player it will be difficult to make a decision here, because both Charlotte and Lucy deserve a man who is loyal and caring and who sees the woman not as an object but as an independent person. Someone who can give you security and a save life and MC is this person, but he is just there once and then unfortunately the woman who cannot have him as a life time partner can only congratulate the lucky couple and accept his decision for the lady of his heart.

Of course it doesn’t mean that the person who doesn’t get the MC will or has to be alone forever.
I believe that everyone will find the right partner for them, you just have to be patient and never despair, because if you get desperate, you won't get out of this situation so quickly.
I always trust that we will find someone we deserve in the end and this is what I wish for Lucy. I really pity her but at the same time I have no interest in her all I hope is that she will find the right person.

Reactions: Wonder Wolf

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Chinatown and Gran Torino. Two movies that got me invested into the main characters and made me think nothing wrong could happen on their watch and then absolutely destroyed me with the way they ended.

The part of me that's romantic wants nothing more than the MC to settle down with Charlotte and adopt Emma (who shouldn't even be an LI if you ask me) is at war with the somewhat artistic part of me that knows that if things went tits up in the end, I would be absolutely gutted, but would fall in love with this game as well. And I am in for whichever one it is.

Seriously if you haven't watched the movies I mentioned above, give them a try. You won't regret it. And that will make the ending all that much better. When the cop says to the MC at the end, "Forget it MC, it's Hillside.".

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I agree. Loved Acting Lessons because it was different and how the survivors tried to manage the best they could both with a dearly lost and loved friend and also a living friend that had a serious disease. I am new to visual novels but I thought it was unique and a story well done. But, because of that ending. I never played it again.
Yes, I get it why Acting Lessons would be difficult for some people to endure and I respect that.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes