4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Well, maybe the circumference of the circle is clearly bigger then her head, but sometimes we're not stuck with physical obstacles but with emotional and psychological ones. Maybe she fear the repercusions that pulling her head out of the washing machine could bring not only to her or her family, but the world itself.

And why would anyone put their head there?? Perhaps for fun. Of course there are funnier things like observing a blank wall or being in silence under a table, but who we are to judge her entertainament choices?

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
Man, after viewing that Kaylah pinup, I had an uncontrollable urge to get some dollar bills out... Muscle memory?

• Haha
Reactions: Chronos169

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Biggest challenge for developers is how they are going to portray Emma as a love interest, having said previously that she is going to be one of. Zak Effron ain't making it easier either.

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Is she 'love interest'? Or is she dismissable? For Zac she is, we know that from the story. I think she first have to see her sister/aunt/mother have sex and the, probably a lot of updates from now, she evolves on that area. Zac will probaby bait her with so called 'love interest'.
What i do hope in this game is that at least Emma is not going to be fuckmeat for the MC later on in the game. Or that he does the whole family.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Is she 'love interest'? Or is she dismissable? For Zac she is, we know that from the story. I think she first have to see her sister/aunt/mother have sex and the, probably a lot of updates from now, she evolves on that area. Zac will probaby bait her with so called 'love interest'.
What i do hope in this game is that at least Emma is not going to be fuckmeat for the MC later on in the game. Or that he does the whole family.
Not every female character needs traumatic experience or getting casually harassed and later saved or avenged by knight in the shining armor (which I'd love to be one) that seems to be happening or going to happen, Charlotte ptsd arc is neat which i think is pretty unique around here and well directed too, also going to be 60% of the game content, but same scenario with others might make the story lackluster. Just a thought though not being noisy or anything.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
So I'm replaying Hillside for like the 5th time now xD, I notice a small plothole. (And I'm sorry if this was already brought up and answered)

But why doesn't Charlotte hire a female guard? Both in the past and the present. At minimum, shouldn't she hire a female guard to take her to events? I understand for Emma since the MC is plot written to be 1 of the best at his job but why no part time female guard at events?

I understand she has Lucy to watch her back but then why didn't Lucy take any self defense classes? Why no pepper sprays or whatever other weapons? These are small details but would be nice to have it explained somewhere and have it incorporated into the story telling.

Also, I remember you (DB) said the next update will be sometime in OCT, are you still on pace? (I saw the bar graphs but I don't know how much time is needed to finish it)

GrimWraith

Jun 19, 2020
But why doesn't Charlotte hire a female guard? Both in the past and the present. At minimum, shouldn't she hire a female guard to take her to events? I understand for Emma since the MC is plot written to be 1 of the best at his job but why no part time female guard at events?
It is explained though you have to piece it together. As you said MC was hired to protect Emma as he is the best and at that time Charlotte didn't feel like she needed a bodyguard. Later though once the actor returns it she is scared for her safety too. She however doesn't want to scare Emma by having more bodyguards as it would imply that there is some big trouble and it would arise more questions in an already suspicious Emma.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
It is explained though you have to piece it together. As you said MC was hired to protect Emma as he is the best and at that time Charlotte didn't feel like she needed a bodyguard. Later though once the actor returns it she is scared for her safety too. She however doesn't want to scare Emma by having more bodyguards as it would imply that there is some big trouble and it would arise more questions in an already suspicious Emma.
No, I remember the not letting Emma be even more suspicious part while they are at home. But what I mean is just during events/jobs. Emma isn't going to be there as shown already in the story. Even if in the future Emma was there or sees the event on TV, Charlotte can easily lie and say guard is just part of the building/event security.

RamonValdez

Sep 15, 2021
A lot of love for this game so maybe I'm just dumb... but does the MC get to have sex in this game? I remember playing it and there didn't seem to be much (or any).

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Emma is one of the four main love interests. You will have to choose one of them and the others will not then be available. None of them will be "fuckmeat".

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes