4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

lkta

May 3, 2017
to be regular do you want an update every week? two images and 4 line every week is regular?
There are a piles of games on here that manage monthly / bi-monthly updates and have far larger updates than Hillside. This did actually used to be pretty regular for the first 6/7 updates with monthly updates made up of 200+ images. Since the start of this year this has changed to much longer waits between updates but you actually get way less renders per month overall as v8 only had 359 after 3 months & v9 had 572 after 5 months

Last edited:

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
So... am I the only one that thinks there's something off with Lucy? I dunno, it seems like she's pushing everyone just a little too hard. Like her little monologue about when she and Charlotte were in high school set off alarm bells, and we technically didn't see the scuffle with That Actor when he followed Charlotte into the bathroom.
Yeah she does remind me of the sister in The bodyguard ... the one who hired the assassin out of jealousy ... I mean Lucy basically confessed that sometimes she hates her sister..

Reactions: mightybored

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020
Yeah she does remind me of the sister in The bodyguard ... the one who hired the assassin out of jealousy ... I mean Lucy basically confessed that sometimes she hates her sister..
And then she tries to get Charlotte to connect to MC.
She is a little complicated. But everyone doesn't have to be simple stereotypes.

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
There are a piles of games on here that manage monthly / bi-monthly updates and have far larger updates than Hillside. This did actually used to be pretty regular for the first 6/7 updates with monthly updates made up of 200+ images. Since the start of this year this has changed to much longer waits between updates but you actually get way less renders per month overall as v8 only had 359 after 3 months & v9 had 572 after 5 months
and so?

lkta

May 3, 2017
And so the guy i was replying to saying it was one of the most regularly updated is not correct...

& not really sure why you are trying to say the other alternative is weekly updates of 2 images & 4 lines when there are quite literally hundreds of games on here that update more frequently with more content.

None of that makes this a bad game but the game is taking longer and longer to update and there is less content per update based on amount of images to amount of time taken. This is simple fact

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
& not really sure why you are trying to say the other alternative is weekly updates of 2 images & 4 lines when there are quite literally hundreds of games on here that update more frequently with more content.
What DAFUQ games use DAZ and update weekly with more?????

ikta
I guess you mean more than 2 images
But not more than Hillside
Which isn't what I asked
But if you like College Bound go play it... you got something to do while you wait for a better game like Hillside
Devs work at their pace. Some faster some slower.
Faster ones tend to throw any junk story out there and subpar renders
Not always but quite often.
So you solved your own gripe, play College Bound

Last edited:

lkta

May 3, 2017
What DAFUQ games use DAZ and update weekly with more?????

Fukn name it
??? I wasn't specifically saying loads of games update weekly, that is what Ciccio92 was saying is the alternative to waiting months for updates but since you asked for one college bound generally fires out updates with 100+ renders per week and even animations thrown in for good measure

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
And so the guy i was replying to saying it was one of the most regularly updated is not correct...

None of that makes this a bad game but the game is taking longer and longer to update and there is less content per update based on amount of images to amount of time taken. This is simple fact
if you don't like this kind of update just drop the game, i think devs are normal people that has lifes and problems as anyone else

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
??? I wasn't specifically saying loads of games update weekly, that is what Ciccio92 was saying is the alternative to waiting months for updates but since you asked for one college bound generally fires out updates with 100+ renders per week and even animations thrown in for good measure
College Bound uses paper doll characters over static backgrounds, not fully rendered scenes like this game. It's easier for them to pump out frequent updates when you don't have to put in as much effort as other games that use full renders for all their scenes.

lkta

May 3, 2017
if you don't like this kind of update just drop the game, i think devs are normal people that has lifes and problems as anyone else
Where did i say i didn't like it. Someone said the game was one of the most regularly updated games. I said it had only had 2 updates this year so not exactly regular then you had a random fit trying to defend something i wasn't even attacking...

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Well that escalated quickly. English isnt my first language, so i hope it's not because of that. But my post was a reaction to a post above..

First, i didn't wrote 'most updated game', i wrote 'updated regularly'.
Most games are a bit prėworked at the beginning. Before you put it out, most work one or to updates ahead with a bit less content. Start small and then let it grow. So future updates were you can't work ahead take longer. While a lot of games are abandoned after a couple of updates, and yes, some take ages to update ( like that femdom game that isnt even on hold for a year because of their monthly wallpaper post) i find that Hillside is updated regurlalry yes. And 3 or 4 updates a year for these kinds of games/vn's with almost no templates take time to produce.

See games as GGGB or his new game, or that Anna game..regular updates at first, after the first update as the story gets further and more complicated as when they started on the game, updates take longer.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Game is definitely more sparsely updated than I would like (which is inevitable for anyone who really likes the content) but when the game does get updated I am never disappointed in terms of length or content.

I like the regular progress updates along with small sneak peeks. That's smart because it tells readers that the game is being worked on and developers can get some feed back from players as well which can help with the writing process.

I don't see anything wrong with what DB is doing currently. Other games that is updated more regularly (and of similar render/story quality) are usually the top earners and they have a huge team to push it out. I don't know what DB situation is but I think he's doing his best. If you want faster updates then I would consider paying a subscription and maybe he can get a better set up going.

Nice to see the most recent bar graph. I have no idea how much longer but it seems to be within a month. Can't wait!

bagmenot

Jul 7, 2018
This novel is very well writen, too bad it's not finished through.
I am sad of dev choices on two points :
- hero is a goody two shoes (we can't choose to corrupt every girl and have fun with lucy and the top model for example)
- not enough nudity, really not enough nudity

As a result game should be rated 12+ and certainly not 18+ !!!

Please dev finish this story, add more nudity/action, your models are so appealing !!!

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
Chap nine is almost four times bigger than chap one. And DB's working alone. So it's pretty normal the new updates take longer to come out.
Btw, I'm not sure it's relevant to compare classic video games industry with 100-200 people crews, millions of budget, engine and/or console to promote and the guy making renders and working alone with sometimes another work ^^'
There sure are some milkers on the site. It's clear and undeniable, but till now, DB hasn't act like one. So relax, the update will come out. Better be at the right time than too early.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well that escalated quickly. English isnt my first language, so i hope it's not because of that. But my post was a reaction to a post above..

First, i didn't wrote 'most updated game', i wrote 'updated regularly'.
Most games are a bit prėworked at the beginning. Before you put it out, most work one or to updates ahead with a bit less content. Start small and then let it grow. So future updates were you can't work ahead take longer. While a lot of games are abandoned after a couple of updates, and yes, some take ages to update ( like that femdom game that isnt even on hold for a year because of their monthly wallpaper post) i find that Hillside is updated regurlalry yes. And 3 or 4 updates a year for these kinds of games/vn's with almost no templates take time to produce.

See games as GGGB or his new game, or that Anna game..regular updates at first, after the first update as the story gets further and more complicated as when they started on the game, updates take longer.
GGGB updates were monthly without a fault in its development.

Reactions: veritashi2

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Just did another playthrough and one scene did catch my eye: Charlotte thought a couple of times that she has the odd feeling of knowing the MC from somewhere though she could not really place it. There is this scene when the MC finds her drunk and out like a light on the couch and thinks: well she has so much going on right now but drinking does not help, I should know that. - so it occured to me that maybe they both met at a meeting of the anonymous alcoholics ! How is that for a crazy theory? :cool:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So we are the best body guard around, but we were a fall down drunk, 1 + 1 does not equal 2.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Just did another playthrough and one scene did catch my eye: Charlotte thought a couple of times that she has the odd feeling of knowing the MC from somewhere though she could not really place it. There is this scene when the MC finds her drunk and out like a light on the couch and thinks: well she has so much going on right now but drinking does not help, I should know that. - so it occured to me that maybe they both met at a meeting of the anonymous alcoholics ! How is that for a crazy theory? :cool:
I don't think so, but I do think that Charlotte's backstory will tie into MC's bad time in Hillside. Has the father of the girls (or fathers) ever been named?

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes