4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I don't think so, but I do think that Charlotte's backstory will tie into MC's bad time in Hillside. Has the father of the girls (or fathers) ever been named?
Oh man she sure would recognize the father of her children .. I mean she is not sure if she met the MC before and if so where and when .. but boah getting impregnated twice from the some guy and not remembering him?? That sounds aweful!

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I don't mean that he's the Dad, that was a non sequitur I guess. I meant in general if we knew who the Dad was.

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
I think there could be three options in which Charlotte and MC could have seen each other in the past.

MC was a personal protector for the model Emma with whom he fell in love and then was killed. So it could be that the two met by an event when MC accompanied Emma. Emma and Charlotte work both as models and maybe know each other very well that would be one possibility.

The other possibility MC worked for Charlotte's husband in the past who is maybe also famous and sometimes accompanied him to an event where he went alone without Charlotte and maybe she saw him sometimes in the driveway in front of her house.

MC worked for the actor who attacked Charlotte and so she could have seen him by chance somewhere. But what I still believe is that the actor was Model Emma's husband and maybe he blames Charlotte for something that happened to Model Emma and almost killed her because of it. The future of the actor is going to end anyway, he deserves an insignificant death that is the worst for a celebrity when he loses significance in the society, that path awaits the actor. Until today Charlotte has physical and psychological problems from the consequences of his attacks and attempted murder and as we have already found out he will most likely never be jailed for his actions, then MC has to take care of him personally. I am against violence and more for a personal dialogue between everyone, but that makes no sense here.

I think it's unlikely that Charlotte and MC met at the anonymous alcoholics. Charlotte is a famous person that would lead to negative headlines for her that she knows and Emma could now from others in school that she drinks so definitely no.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6pak2go

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I think it's unlikely that Charlotte and MC met at the anonymous alcoholics. Charlotte is a famous person that would lead to negative headlines for her that she knows and Emma could now from others in school that she drinks so definitely no.
I've been to a number of AA meetings over the years and at one saw a world known celebrity. Someone whose face and name were and remain instantly recognizable anywhere in the USA, Canada, and western Europe. That person has never been identified by anyone as attending an AA meeting. AA takes the anonymous part of AA very seriously.

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
I've been to a number of AA meetings over the years and at one saw a world known celebrity. Someone whose face and name were and remain instantly recognizable anywhere in the USA, Canada, and western Europe. That person has never been identified by anyone as attending an AA meeting. AA takes the anonymous part of AA very seriously.
Fortunately, I don't know much better about the topic and if they can keep everyone's private things private for them, that's really important and good.

Maybe it could be that Charlotte thinks exactly that someone will find out or, as already indicated, she does not even notice that she is drinking too much alcohol. An occasional glass of wine once every other evening then becomes a habit.

I am personally don't drink alcohol, don't smoke and don't take any drugs, because I never started and thus could not build up an addiction.

I just hope for everyone who has or develops such a addiction, that he gets the help he needs not only from professional people but also from the family and friends.

Reactions: 6pak2go

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
Just did another playthrough and one scene did catch my eye: Charlotte thought a couple of times that she has the odd feeling of knowing the MC from somewhere though she could not really place it. There is this scene when the MC finds her drunk and out like a light on the couch and thinks: well she has so much going on right now but drinking does not help, I should know that. - so it occured to me that maybe they both met at a meeting of the anonymous alcoholics ! How is that for a crazy theory? :cool:
I think it's simplier than that. We know the MC spent time in Hillside, when the actor was there too. We know the first Emma died at the time and it's implied the MC left Hillside after that event because he was highly affected. By the way he's boiling when he saw the actor for the first time in the game (at the moment, he doesn't know the connection with Charlotte), we can guess the MC is considering the actor responsible, one way or an other, for the death of the first Emma. The actor and Emma probably knew each other, so first Emma was probably linked to the "upper Hillside world". Probably not famous, but trying to start a career or hanging out with celebrities.
So, when the girl died, it probably made the news, more than if she was just a "nobody". And if she was linked to the actor, he probably has been under some lights, even indirectly. So if the MC was his bodyguard at the time, Charlotte could have seen him by far or in the news.
It seems highly unlikely she didn't know about the girl's death at the time. But it's obvious she doesn't remember much, because if she knew the MC was involved in the story and couldn't save the girl, she wouldn't have hired him.
When she will connect the dot, I guess she will go for another round of "classical Charlie mistrust" ^^'

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Fortunately, I don't know much better about the topic and if they can keep everyone's private things private for them, that's really important and good.
I just hope for everyone who has or develops such a addiction, that he gets the help he needs not only from professional people but also from the family and friends.
AA puts it very simply. "What you see here. What you hear here. What you say here. Let it stay here."
Nothing is 100%, but as close as damnit, the members of AA abide by it.
You'd think it would be different, but they have far more pressing problems they each want to resolve.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I think it's simplier than that. We know the MC spent time in Hillside, when the actor was there too. We know the first Emma died at the time and it's implied the MC left Hillside after that event because he was highly affected. By the way he's boiling when he saw the actor for the first time in the game (at the moment, he doesn't know the connection with Charlotte), we can guess the MC is considering the actor responsible, one way or an other, for the death of the first Emma. The actor and Emma probably knew each other, so first Emma was probably linked to the "upper Hillside world". Probably not famous, but trying to start a career or hanging out with celebrities.
So, when the girl died, it probably made the news, more than if she was just a "nobody". And if she was linked to the actor, he probably has been under some lights, even indirectly. So if the MC was his bodyguard at the time, Charlotte could have seen him by far or in the news.
It seems highly unlikely she didn't know about the girl's death at the time. But it's obvious she doesn't remember much, because if she knew the MC was involved in the story and couldn't save the girl, she wouldn't have hired him.
When she will connect the dot, I guess she will go for another round of "classical Charlie mistrust" ^^'
BUT she didn't hire him. Lucy hired him.

You forgot that Lucy is her manager/agent/secretary.

Charlotte doesn't plan and decide anything. Lucy does it.

So, if you're right, Charlotte AND Lucy shouldn't remember anything about the girl. Both of them.

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
BUT she didn't hire him. Lucy hired him.

You forgot that Lucy is her manager/agent/secretary.

Charlotte doesn't plan and decide anything. Lucy does it.

So, if you're right, Charlotte AND Lucy shouldn't remember anything about the girl. Both of them.
Yeah, but if Charlotte knew, she would have say no when Lucy hired the MC. And you're right, Lucy is probably aware of the news at the time. But it's a bit different. Lucy is always in this world but in the meantime, she's not. She's working in the high Hillside world, she's not part of it. As a manager, she's always doing things, meeting people, etc. But as we can see during the event where she got punched by the actor, she's not totally swimming in the same waters. So even if she heard about the death of a young aspiring model/actress/whatever, she probably didn't spend much time on it. "Ok that's sad but I have things to do". Plus, I guess the cops (Carter maybe) kept the MC of the file. It's not really spoken loud, but Lucy checked MC's file before calling him and it seems she hasn't seen anything about the actor or else. So, it wouldn't surprise me much if she didn't have any memories of him. On the other hand, Charlotte being part of this world and having been in touch with the actor at a time, it's totally possible she has seen the MC... from afar. It would explain the déjà vu feeling. She haven't met him (obviously, since the MC didn't seem to know her at the beginning of the game), but she may have seen him and doesn't know where and when.

I guess. It would be a plausible explaination.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yeah, but if Charlotte knew, she would have say no when Lucy hired the MC. And you're right, Lucy is probably aware of the news at the time. But it's a bit different. Lucy is always in this world but in the meantime, she's not. She's working in the high Hillside world, she's not part of it. As a manager, she's always doing things, meeting people, etc. But as we can see during the event where she got punched by the actor, she's not totally swimming in the same waters. So even if she heard about the death of a young aspiring model/actress/whatever, she probably didn't spend much time on it. "Ok that's sad but I have things to do". Plus, I guess the cops (Carter maybe) kept the MC of the file. It's not really spoken loud, but Lucy checked MC's file before calling him and it seems she hasn't seen anything about the actor or else. So, it wouldn't surprise me much if she didn't have any memories of him. On the other hand, Charlotte being part of this world and having been in touch with the actor at a time, it's totally possible she has seen the MC... from afar. It would explain the déjà vu feeling. She haven't met him (obviously, since the MC didn't seem to know her at the beginning of the game), but she may have seen him and doesn't know where and when.

Too complicated.

Remember: convoluted and complicated plot = very bad fiction.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Maybe MC is the 'rando' that called the ambulance when The Actor went off on her? At the beginning of the game, he didn't seem to know who Charlotte was by name, but had something like a flash of recognition when he met her.

Reactions: Ottoeight
Jun 29, 2017
Maybe; MC also saw Steve walking by the shoe store when he was with Emma. Then again he might be Johno instead.
I figure Steve is just a red herring, tbh. Also, I think the game actually has a few renders of Johno while he's on the phone with the oldest daughter? Edit: I just went through quickly, but couldn't find any. Wonder where I got that idea from then. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaasje404

Paldor

Sep 4, 2020

I should think that people in the 'Hillside world' see staff as just staff. Not people whose faces they would commit to memory, but anonymous figures who just preform a function and can be ignored. As Lucy at the reception.

The actor hardly remembered MC, despite having been his employer.
So if Charlotte have seen or even met MC when he worked in Hillside, her memory of it would be dim.

WCKD_FOX

Mar 21, 2019
Too complicated.

Remember: convoluted and complicated plot = very bad fiction.
It's not really complicated. Charlotte has seen The MC from afar at the time he was in Hillside, so she has a déjà vu feeling. It's daylife things. IMO, it's more plausible than the MC and Charlotte having met during an AA meeting and don't remember ^^'

At a moment, the story will have to speak about first Emma, who seems to be linked to the actor in a way. The actor is already a common point between Charlotte and the MC. So using the first Emma story to explain the déjà vu isn't that weird or complicated. It fits pretty well.

I should think that people in the 'Hillside world' see staff as just staff. Not people whose faces they would commit to memory, but anonymous figures who just preform a function and can be ignored. As Lucy at the reception.

The actor hardly remembered MC, despite having been his employer.
So if Charlotte have seen or even met MC when he worked in Hillside, her memory of it would be dim.
Yep, that seems pretty realistic to me. We all experience that in our daylife, the feeling of having already seen or met someone. And sometime it appears that's because we have. But from afar. And it's an even more pronounced thing in the Charlotte's world.
The way I see it, the reason why Charlotte thinks she has seen the MC before is really down-to-earth.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I figure Steve is just a red herring, tbh. Also, I think the game actually has a few renders of Johno while he's on the phone with the oldest daughter? Edit: I just went through quickly, but couldn't find any. Wonder where I got that idea from then. :D
Maybe, but we later saw a picture clearly taken through the same window Steve walked past.

All I'm saying is that it's weird that it was in the game if it doesn't lead to something.

Jun 29, 2017
Maybe, but we later saw a picture clearly taken through the same window Steve walked past.

All I'm saying is that it's weird that it was in the game if it doesn't lead to something.
Yes, but that's the purpose of a "red herring". To lead you on the wrong track. It just seems too obvious that it's Steve when he's put front and center, and even the MC has a remark about it. But I dunno. I really don't have that many suspects as to who the stalker is. Or rather, I have too many.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes