4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

TJ03

Jan 20, 2018
maybe he learn some day that best way to go is its done when its done, do not give exact dates, all does is tick some people off and more importantly just adds more stress to dev when he doesnt meet it. So many dev have pushed them self to hard trying to meet deadlines that where ether unrealistic or things just come up

-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

I'm sorry for promising and missing another release date.
I know people will be justifiably pissed off, and I can only apologize again.
Clearly something is very broken with how I'm currently managing things. I tried making changes after the last release when exactly the same thing happened, but they clearly didn't work. So I will have to try making more radical changes this time.
There's obviously no point in me giving you another release date, so I'll just say that I will get v0.10 completed as soon as possible and let you know when it is ready for download.

Sorry,
DB

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

I'm sorry for promising and missing another release date.
I know people will be justifiably pissed off, and I can only apologize again.
Clearly something is very broken with how I'm currently managing things. I tried making changes after the last release when exactly the same thing happened, but they clearly didn't work. So I will have to try making more radical changes this time.
There's obviously no point in me giving you another release date, so I'll just say that I will get v0.10 completed as soon as possible and let you know when it is ready for download.

Sorry,
DB
Take the time you need, better a good episode without bugs or error than a rushed update.
The two following weekends are gonna be good Hillside + AOA Academy and the next one Being a DIK.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Take the time you need, better a good episode without bugs or error than a rushed update.
The two following weekends are gonna be good Hillside + AOA Academy and the next one Being a DIK.
Yep. 0.9 came out in April, after all. :sneaky: It seems like yesterday! :whistle:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Again, all I sought to do with this is highlight that it's a price that never needed to be paid in the first place in the hopes that he doesn't do it to himself moving forward. It's exhausting, it's anxiety-inducing, it's a lot of things which is why I advocate he no longer does it both for himself and the community that claims to have his best interest in mind.
deadlines are toxic and bad for your health, stuff will be ready when it's ready.
I don't think it's as black and white like the both of you tried to claim. "Ready when it's ready" is a luxury, and not everyone can afford it. Different people also have different mentality. There are people who like to take it slow and move at their own pace, but there are also people who can't stand still, like to work a lot, and requires constant goal to achieve. To just generalize everything simply based on your personal experience is extremely narrow minded and missed the point IMO.

If DB struggled with the game development, he's more than free to take a break. But if he feels that he can't afford to take a break because it might affect his livelihood, that's something understandable too.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
The last Hillside Update came out July 17th. And no, of course the new update won't be as big as Delta Iota Kappa, since I am sure DB is not on the same income level as Doctor Cake.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
This feels intellectually dishonest. I think you're fully aware of what I intended by that statement as my use of the word "clients" can effectively be swapped for customers, patrons, anyone providing funds in expectation of a product or service.
No client can not be swapped as you suggest. Although in this point you callout why. Customers pay for a product. Clients pay or a service or task to be completed. Patrons contribute to the support of someone, but have no control other than to terminate their support if they become displeased with that person for any reason. If they are doing so with the expectation of a specific outcome at a specific time, they need to disabuse themselves of that expectation.

This is why we have contracts. Usually a client has a contractual relationship with a consultant or contractor. The contract details deliverables, dates, payment schedules, and penalties should either party violate the terms of the contract. The relationship between patron and someone they support is NOT contractual. They'll be much happier if their expectations reflect that fact. This goes triple for non-patrons on a pirate site.

Reactions: Skylaroo

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
i really dont get where you are try to go with the story!? it´s no harem but you let us flirt every girl, in a way...but you cant if you want to end the story in a good way...so what is this,a AV novel or a criminalonly story...and if you cant take all the girls ,where is the fun in this vn?! only drama??? thats like too much salt in your food but maybe i´m the one who is in the wrong and dont made for drama only vn´s...and all this "i dont ask and you dont tell "BS gets annoying after some time,like in a telenovela from brazil with neverending DRAMAaaa...whatever had a good start but disapoints after all this run in circles

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mormyar

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
:unsure:
As far as I remember the beta 0.9 was in June and the final mid July...
No rush...do it well if you can't do it fast.
The last Hillside Update came out July 17th. And no, of course the new update won't be as big as Delta Iota Kappa, since I am sure DB is not on the same income level as Doctor Cake.

Yeah.

0.8 was supposed to come out in november and it came out in december.

0.9 was supposed to come out in april. It came out unfinished in early June, and he took 1 month and half to released it complete.

First 4-5 releases came out after 5 weeks. Then he told us that it took him 6 weeks each update. We replied: "that's ok, dude. It takes what it takes. You're doing great." Meanwhile, he removed the only scene in which we caught a glimpse of Emma's nice titties. :cry::cry:

Then, he started releasing delayed updates that came out 1-2 weeks after the day they were supposed to be released (note: release dates announced by Him).

Finally, we're having 2 updates in this 2021. Meanwhile, the story has been moving forward at snail's pace.

Just to let you know, I'm writing this lines because I really like this VN and I'd really like to read what's coming next in the near future, but I'm starting to think that Hillside's development has some problems. :cry:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
No client can not be swapped as you suggest. Although in this point you callout why. Customers pay for a product. Clients pay or a service or task to be completed. Patrons contribute to the support of someone, but have no control other than to terminate their support if they become displeased with that person for any reason. If they are doing so with the expectation of a specific outcome at a specific time, they need to disabuse themselves of that expectation.

This is why we have contracts. Usually a client has a contractual relationship with a consultant or contractor. The contract details deliverables, dates, payment schedules, and penalties should either party violate the terms of the contract. The relationship between patron and someone they support is NOT contractual. They'll be much happier if their expectations reflect that fact. This goes triple for non-patrons on a pirate site.
So, are you telling us that Patrons are Devs' Sugardaddies, and it's right this way because they know they are their Sugurdaddies and they're supposed to be their Sugardaddies?

Oh Boy

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
i really dont get where you are try to go with the story!? it´s no harem but you let us flirt every girl, in a way...but you cant if you want to end the story in a good way...so what is this,a AV novel or a criminalonly story...and if you cant take all the girls ,where is the fun in this vn?! only drama??? thats like too much salt in your food but maybe i´m the one who is in the wrong and dont made for drama only vn´s...and all this "i dont ask and you dont tell "BS gets annoying after some time,like in a telenovela from brazil with neverending DRAMAaaa...whatever had a good start but disapoints after all this run in circles
Have you ever played one of these VN's before? Of course we can have fun with all the LI's until it's time to commit to one, that's how most non-harem VN's play out.

If all games that aren't harem only had one LI many would be bored quickly....

So, are you telling us that Patrons are Devs' Sugardaddies, and it's right this way because they know they are their Sugurdaddies and they're supposed to be their Sugardaddies?

Oh Boy
That is pretty accurate in a way actually. Supporting someone on Patreon means just that, support. You don't get a product until the Dev releases one and you have no "right" to demand one since that is not Patreons purpose.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
This feels intellectually dishonest. I think you're fully aware of what I intended by that statement as my use of the word "clients" can effectively be swapped for customers, patrons, anyone providing funds in expectation of a product or service.
Well in fact, you can't. An entity as responsabilities to a customer, mainly to procure a good or a service bought by said customer.

That's not it either, but it's surprisingly closer to the definition of Patronage. I invite you to seek the difference between a customer and a patron. You won't be the first nor the last to not grasp the difference. Long story short : a patron (in the art industry) supports a creator, with money, workplace, equipments or just to promote the artist (yes whether we like it or not that is what we call some receiving a patronage). True, some patronage can have expectation of result, but that's not always the case. And even with expectation of result : the delay is usually up to the artist.

It's a story heavily focused on romance and character bonding. If you're looking for cute scenes and dialogs, it's one of the best. Now if you want a game that'll allow to to bang multiple characters at the same time for 48h in a row, then run fast, run far, you won't find that here. But I am pretty sure that you'll have a large buffet available here in F95. You can't possibly have already done all harem fapping games hosted here right ?

Last edited:

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
...Clearly something is very broken with how I'm currently managing things.
...anything beyond that there is a clear issue in time/project management that has yet to be rectified.
As I said before, all I can do is call it how I see it and offer advice where I can.

If you guys think overly obsessive pedantry is helping, that's your call and about what I expected.

Good luck DB, i've said all I care to say.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
As I said before, all I can do is call it how I see it and offer advice where I can.

If you guys think overly obsessive pedantry is helping, that's your call and about what I expected.

Good luck DB, i've said all I care to say.
Don't get me wrong I mostly agree with what you said earlier. But it's easy for us (software engineer and web devs) to talk about making changes to project management : We are used to do it all the time, as soon as we identify a problem. But that's harder for people without that background. Now granted, you seems to have a greater experience than me, but I only wanted to point out that it's a little sad to see people yelling about a missed release date. It happened multile time already. So what ? DB doesn't have a board yelling at him, nor the delay endanger life to any degree. The only downside is people wanting a product now.

And by the way based on the comments on his patreon pages, the patrons seems comprehensive and don't care. So most of the people complaining are probably just people not even supporting him (not financially and seeing the comment here, not morally either).

About my comment on your message, I wanted to point it out for all to see, the idea was not targeting you or antagonizing you, and if I did, I apologize. It was not the desired effect

Last edited:

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
As a patron, I don't really care all that much about the delays. I'm confident I'll get the updates in due course, and that they are worth the wait. I've been having fun so far with this story.
The dev is upfront about the delays, and seems genuinely frustrated by them. I do hope he can solve whatever issues it is that cause them, more for his own sake than mine. Releasing a new update should feel like an accomplishment and be fun, not be a source of anxiety and frustration.

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I understand that problems occur and delays are to be expected, but honestly it is happening way too much with most of developers. I understand a delay when a dev says the update will be released in a week and then he misses the date by a day or two. But when they say it will be released tomorrow or even today, and then when it is not released they do not give another date. It means that there is still quite a bit of work to be done. I mean if i say the game will be released in a day it should mean i basically finished all of it. It bothers me when 1 day becomes a week or 2 or even more, it happens very often. I am not talking about this game, but in general. Still love the game and have nothing against the developer who was very kind in his communication with us here, just those famous broken promises of game updates being released tomorrow are getting me annoyed.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes