4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
I am not saying that it's impossible to create a carnal relationship between the MC and the girls in Hillside. What I say is that it will take forever at this pace, which can be boring even for the creator himself. Now it can be even worse because DB has the writer's block or smth and updates are slower than ever.
i was more saying about the writing yourself into a corner part, we all knew early on it would take a long time for it to start getting somewhere but there is so many things that need resolving still which is why i think he is not having problems with writers block.. as others have said this is more to do with technical stuff not story

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
i was more saying about the writing yourself into a corner part, we all knew early on it would take a long time for it to start getting somewhere but there is so many things that need resolving still which is why i think he is not having problems with writers block.. as others have said this is more to do with technical stuff not story
Idk how hard can be ren'py programing but I think it's not the hardest tool on the market. How complex is to make a straight forward VN with no free roam? Finally we have the render part of the VN but when you already have the models and assets that you are going to use, it only remains to create the poses and scenes.
So what's the problem really? I'm not on DB discord so I don't know, that's why I bet on the writing and storytelling.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Idk how hard can be ren'py programing but I think it's not the hardest tool on the market. How complex is to make a straight forward VN with no free roam? Finally we have the render part of the VN but when you already have the models and assets that you are going to use, it only remains to create the poses and scenes.
So what's the problem really? I'm not on DB discord so I don't know, that's why I bet on the writing and storytelling.
idk about anything to do with that, but the fact he said it would be out in 8 hours then it gets delayed tells me its not a story problem. writing and all of the pictures/animations is done way before that.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
idk about anything to do with that, but the fact he said it would be out in 8 hours then it gets delayed tells me its not a story problem. writing and all of the pictures/animations is done way before that.
Yeah, that's the last delay but before that the game was months without any updates. DB was delivering updates every month at the beginning and every two months later. Now he's struggling with it.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Yeah, that's the last delay but before that the game was months without any updates. DB was delivering updates every month at the beginning and every two months later. Now he's struggling with it.

idk, maybe he is maybe he is not. tbh if i was going to make a game i would have it all written out way before that.

you never know what developers are dealing with and why updates change and end up taking longer, like some games ive seen where the developer is saying a update is very soon and 2 months later it looks like they're in the same position.
there is another where they had it all set out like they wanted it and i read back lately and it seems like he wants to change everything up and go a complete different way..

i do love the way this one is going though and there is so much that needs to be resolved that if anything he is spoilt for choice each update in what to do next, which is a great problem to have. Did he say how big this update was and if its bigger than other episodes or anything like that? because some do a lot of smaller updates months apart and then come through with double of the content of a previous episode but take longer.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
If I were to guess, it's probably DB changing his mind on something that was already done. So the original v.10 might've been finished, but then he found something that he wasn't happy with and tried to make changes, then either he's still not satisfied with the change or something broke when he made the change which prolonged the fix.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
If I were to guess, it's probably DB changing his mind on something that was already done. So the original v.10 might've been finished, but then he found something that he wasn't happy with and tried to make changes, then either he's still not satisfied with the change or something broke when he made the change which prolonged the fix.
That actually sound very logical ;)

Reactions: 6pak2go

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Yeah, but that doesnt really explaun the silence for the last weeks. Going from 8 hrs later to a message about don't/can't/won't reply to mesages until ch10 is done is a bit weird. Hope everything is alright with DB.

Reactions: Ivanovich98

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
Again

UPDATE 9th November :
Just to give you an update because I know some people will be getting impatient.
It will be released tonight, but it will be late tonight my time, so that could mean another 8 hours yet.
I'll let you know when I start uploading it. That usually takes an hour and a half to complete.
Thanks,
DB
How do you go from that to 11 days without an explanation? Curiosity must be satisfied release be damned :)

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Idk, he doesnt owe us anything because we dont pay for it but if it was me i would of wrote on patreon what happened, but maybe its bad and he thought people would leave. It must of been something big to be put back this long.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
There was another post for Patrons on November 11th:

Hi.
Sorry, but I haven't read all of your comments and messages yet. I'm just focused on getting v0.10 finished as soon as possible and can't deal with anything else at the minute.
So if anyone is waiting for a reply, apologies. I'll get around to it once this is done.
Thanks,
DB

Unfortunately after that radio silence again. Seems to be a bigger issue then.

-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

Hi.
Sorry, but I haven't read all of your comments and messages yet. I'm just focused on getting v0.10 finished as soon as possible and can't deal with anything else at the minute.
So if anyone is waiting for a reply, apologies. I'll get around to it once this is done.
Thanks,
DB

I've already put it here on 11th ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: GrimWraith and J.R.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017

Hi.
Thanks,
DB

He has responded to a few private messages on Discord since this message. He's just busy trying to finish the game and it seems like he wanted to tweak things and make some changes.

Reactions: 6pak2go

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Apologies for the delay and the problems I've been having.
And I'm sorry this has been such a long development. In hindsight, I wish I'd split this update into two smaller ones. As it is, this is the largest update I've created. It's 25% larger than the last one.

A couple of new things have been added:
- Added a placeholder credits screen. I'll create a better one for the next update
- Added a "Save now" message a couple of screens before the end of the update

Password for $10 patrons:

PASSWORD : denaney

Click on UNLOCK in the main menu to go to the unlock screen. Once there type in the password and press ENTER. The UNLOCK option should have disappeared from the main menu.

Images should be saved to "HQ Images" folder in the game directory.

PC
Mega :
Google Drive :

MAC
Mega :
Google Drive :

ANDROID
Mega :
Google Drive :

give me sec adding links
Edit 1: fixed links
Edit 2: added password