4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
It is a masterpiece in the making. The newest chapter should be out soon.
It could be... if the dev can handle the pressure which is clearly on him regarding the last messages on patreon. I hope it will be, because this is a VN i really like to play. There are a lot of masterpieces going down the last 2 years due to pressure, illness, arguing between developers and so on... hope darkblue will pull through.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It could be... if the dev can handle the pressure which is clearly on him regarding the last messages on patreon. I hope it will be, because this is a VN i really like to play. There are a lot of masterpieces going down the last 2 years due to pressure, illness, arguing between developers and so on... hope darkblue will pull through.
You are very right. 2021 seems to be the year of abandoning great VNs. One after another of my favorites just went kaput. Hillside is one of the surprise hits in the last few years. The characters are great, and this VN justifiably has many fans. I hope that Darkblue can just take some deep breaths, and just work on it when he can, and forget about release dates. As long as he is making progress, we can all wait a few more weeks or months or whatever.

I think the main issue is that the money is almost never that great, compared to the hours put into it, unless you are DPC or Mr. Dots or maybe 5 or 10 very successful devs. Everyone else is working for barely minimum wage (in most countries), once you factor in hardware and electricity.

So really, a dev and his team have to enjoy what they are doing, without a lot of family, health issues, or other distractions, and keep the pressure off themselves. It has to be a labor of love, something they enjoy doing in their free time for some spending money, and the extra Patron income is just a nice bonus to help offset the cost for hardware, electricity, and assets, plus a little extra.

That is why a dev should never, ever, give a release date. It is bound to be held up by life, or technical problems, or creative problems, or any number of things. Then, if they ever don't meet it, all the complainers (who are not supporters, naturally), come out of the woodwork like vermin. It is best for a dev to just say, "I am working hard on it, and it will hopefully be done in the few months or so." or be even more vague, and say "It is about 80% percent complete, still have a few more scenes to finish".

Too much pressure put on yourself is a recipe for losing your heart in a project.

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
It also depends what you’re working towards. Is it about content? Is it about a certain date/month? If you release it towards a date it’s easier most of the time, because then it doesnt really matter how much of what content is in the story. If you’re writing to a cliffhanger or storyline content a releasedate is more difficult to work to, especially when it’s not your daytime job and you have to do it in your own time, perhaps even between family things as well.

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
or be even more vague, and say "It is about 80% percent complete, still have a few more scenes to finish".
Isn't that what he was doing after the last update?

Personally, I think the problem is much more simple. First, at some point he starts panicking people will start abandoning the ship because update is late.
Then he runs out there without thinking and says it will be out tomorrow.
Then he bangs his head against the wall all night because he knows it won't.
Then he spends next three weeks in bed recovering.
Then he goes back to work and we get the game.
The end.
Until next update:p

• Haha
Reactions: xinkala
Sep 21, 2017
i just want to confirm....will we have a chance to corrupt/sex with emma? i'm all in on the <slow burn modus operandi> but to fully commit i want a firm confirmation...also because i'm biased about young girl corruption so...

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
i just want to confirm....will we have a chance to corrupt/sex with emma? i'm all in on the <slow burn modus operandi> but to fully commit i want a firm confirmation...also because i'm biased about young girl corruption so...
Define corruption?

So far, the mc has shown no attribute that would lead him to corrupt Emma... or any of the girls, really. So I'm not sure why you think it would be a thing.

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
DB has confirmed that Emma is an LI, so one can assume that the MC will have sex with her at some point. How that occurs or the ramifications in the story, I have no idea.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
We can only speculate we are not DB, but if I was a betting man, I could bet a small fortune on the fact that it won't be a corruption path. There is a love path between Emma and the MC though.

I could be wrong, but that's unlikely.

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Define corruption?

or any of the girls, really.
The only one who made a bit of an effort is Charlottes sister (can't remember her name now) and Kayla. I think she's faul play in the end. But i think Johnno and/or the bartender are gonne make more things happen and of course Zac, who's on a players tour to catch Emma... dunno/hope not that MC is gonna prevent that btw. A bit more corruption without loosing the story is ok by me

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
This is not a corruption story it has been told quite a few times throughout the thread. The developer himself has confirmed it as well. I personally think that's part of the problem right now with development. DarkBlue has wrote himself in a corner going full drama imo.
Going now from trauma (Charlotte) , being naive as a todler (Emma) or irrational hatred (Emma's sister) to any kind of physical relationship will be quite complicated and long to explain, which will result in too many updates of holding hands and looking at each other from the distance :sleep:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Seeing as how of the 4 main love interests, we have only seen 1 nude, at the point corruption is mute.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
He hasn't posted anything new on Patreon yet, so I assume that he's still busy working on it, whatever that entails. Then again, I would have been entitled to it on the 21st the earliest, so for me he is still on time. :D

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, it's strange. First few day-by-day delays and now one week of silence. I hope he is not stressed.

Release before Thanksgiving is my guess ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
She is a love interest but it will probably be more romance based than corruption.

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
My guess is that there was a nipple slip in one of the scenes and he's now dealing with youtube's terms of service people...I mean patreons...I mean, what?!? Whatever the case he now has to redo a bunch of renders. Them nipples are not scheduled to make an appearance till 2022.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Wow. How can he so guess the release dates so badly... He was saying he needed one more day and now it's been 3-4 days...

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes