4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
more frequent update would be nice if you don’t get overburned. Plus it would be better subs wise too. DB hovers around 750-780 then gets reset to 710 every month.

Reactions: Itzrajib

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Hi.
V0.11 isn't going to be finished in the next week. I'm sorry, I was expecting to give you better news but something has come up.
Unfortunately, my health problems that started in April last year didn't get fully resolved and the doctors are still trying to find out what is wrong. Since December I've been waiting to have a liver scan and have finally gotten an appointment. The scan is next Tuesday.
I'm sorry, guys. This has been dragging on for nearly a year now and not knowing what the problem is or how serious it might be has really gotten me down at times. The scan should be the end of it, but now I can't help worrying about the result and it's making work difficult.
I'll try to give you a more positive update at the weekend.

Thanks,
DB

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020

Hi.
V0.11 isn't going to be finished in the next week. I'm sorry, I was expecting to give you better news but something has come up.
Unfortunately, my health problems that started in April last year didn't get fully resolved and the doctors are still trying to find out what is wrong. Since December I've been waiting to have a liver scan and have finally gotten an appointment. The scan is next Tuesday.
I'm sorry, guys. This has been dragging on for nearly a year now and not knowing what the problem is or how serious it might be has really gotten me down at times. The scan should be the end of it, but now I can't help worrying about the result and it's making work difficult.

Thanks,
DB
Oh shit, take care of yourself first HillsideVN ! Fingers crossed for nothing major!

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018

Hi.

Thanks,
DB
Just my opinion on the progress update. It's a pity that we've gotten to the point where developers have to show private things about their health status as a proof because there are a few people who would otherwise take the developer in the crossfire with some stupid theories and accusations. And you all know it would be like this but the best way is to ignore them.

To Darkblue sorry to hear that you still have health problems, hope everything goes well and the problem is found quickly and most important harmless. Fingers crossed and get well soon Db.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Just my opinion on the progress update. It's a pity that we've gotten to the point where developers have to show private things about their health status as a proof because there are a few people who would otherwise take the developer in the crossfire with some stupid theories and accusations. And you all know it would be like this but the best way is to ignore them.

To Darkblue sorry to hear that you still have health problems, hope everything goes well and the problem is found quickly and most important harmless. Fingers crossed and get well soon Db.
this comment, is right on the money.
it is sad that we reached a stage like this one...

луна

Aug 24, 2021

Hi.

Thanks,
DB
Health comes first, hopefully you ll get better soon.

Reactions: VOYEUR

gabrixp1

Oct 12, 2019

Hi.

Thanks,
DB
dude, no need to post this stuff here. That's personal.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
dude, no need to post this stuff here. That's personal.
why not? DB shared it on patreon. And it’s nice that he’s being transparent about it. Last thing he needs while sick is getting harassed for updates.

hopefully any messages he gets now are well wishes.

Reactions: луна

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020

Hi.

Thanks,
DB
I hope you get all female staff and it is accompanied by a sponge bath and some jello, or is that a jello bath and some spooging...

Reactions: Marcus800

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

It's not our fault that "Gumdrops & Pals" have been "happening" in the last few years. It's not our fault that most of Patreon funded games have been/are/will be abandoned. Finally, it's not our fault that most of the times Devs talk mental/health issues when somebody asks about delays.

First of all, if the Authors didn't ask for money, N-O-B-O-D-Y would ever complain about anything.

Secondly, it would be far less cringy if they said: "man, I quit because I've had enough / because I don't have time for the game's development anymore / because of money issues / because I have no idea of what to do with the story, therefore I'm stuck".

No, some of them are drama queens, therefore they feel the urge to talk about mental/family/health issues.

So, this is why the Author had to show that he really has health issues. Anyway: 1) yes, I feel sorry for him; 2) nonetheless I think that we witnessed too many blatant lies and untrustworthy devs.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017

Yeah, and worse, if you ever spent 5 minutes interacting with DB on his discord, you'd know he's a genuine all around awesome person who would never try to piss others off, where you know he wants to make this game because he loves it.

Dónaill

Jan 25, 2022
It's not our fault that "Gumdrops & Pals" have been "happening" in the last few years. It's not our fault that most of Patreon funded games have been/are/will be abandoned. Finally, it's not our fault that most of the times Devs talk mental/health issues when somebody asks about delays.

First of all, if the Authors didn't ask for money, N-O-B-O-D-Y would ever complain about anything.

Secondly, it would be far less cringy if they said: "man, I quit because I've had enough / because I don't have time for the game's development anymore / because of money issues / because I have no idea of what to do with the story, therefore I'm stuck".

No, some of them are drama queens, therefore they feel the urge to talk about mental/family/health issues.

So, this is why the Author had to show that he really has health issues. Anyway: 1) yes, I feel sorry for him; 2) nonetheless I think that we witnessed too many blatant lies and untrustworthy devs.
One can also simply withdraw the contribution without attacking the developer. That makes more sense to me. Even without health issues it's perfectly valid to prioritise other things in life. Personally, I regularly shift my contributions back and forth. Sometimes I invest more in a developer, sometimes less. But you don't always have to announce or discuss it imho.

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017

That's the problem always, as I see on this case or others too. In my case, I decide to only afford an euro or two for each dev, supporting about 3 or 4 differents every month, it's all the money I can spend for now (things are tight).. I've waited for each update doin' nothing than waiting, never had no power to demand anything (spending 1 euro or spending 20) because I'm only a supporter and when things are being different for any reason I move on and that's all, doing other thing than that (like whinning or demanding too much) is out of place...

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017

Hi.

Thanks,
DB
DB, there is no need to justify anything . Though your VN is important, it is nowhere as important as your health. We have lost already two really great devs(Chatterbox, Palmer), please consider your health to be top priority.

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
The only place we (devs) have to justify our problems with proof is (don't get me wrong, people) on F95. Yeah, there are rotten apples like the dev someone mentioned few replies before me. When I was sick and I had problems, I didn't replied on Patreon for 2 months and the only messages I got were questions about my health.

I've met great people here but also there are a lot of rude and immature people, reason why I stopped reading the thread for my VN. Nothing costs to be nice so be nice.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes