4.20 star(s) 266 Votes

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
I also think that shooting carter wouldn't be the best outcome either. But it would still be more acceptable because he had a knife pointing to the girls neck. We know that in a situation like that, the person holding the victim will hardly let them go and carter left her go easily. With that being said, MC not shooting him and going in a brawl, he could even while fighting the guy with the knife, stab him in self defense. Anything like this would be acceptable.

The thing is when you show he disarming the guy and then put the guy in a position where he cant fight back. He was on his knees and his hands were down. He was holding the guy from behind. I wouldn't mind even if he killed carter after telling charlotte and Emma to runaway. But he made the decision in cold blod in front of charlotte and emma. Glad that charlotte was holding emma against her to not see he killing Carter.
idk, emma seeing him shoot and hearing him shoot would be so much worse. i think people are being too soft here if im being honest, half of people wanted him to shoot at the guy which would fuck them 2 up way more but them same people think its bad that he tried to take him down first. he can easily say once the threat of emmas life went he tries to disarm the person, but he is stuggling against him the whole time, idc if he puts his hand down at the last minute the guy would of never stopped until he got them, even alive in jail he can get people to do his shit. all charlotte can see is him grabbing his neck at the end and going limp. the fact he tried to disarm and get him down without shooting.

lets see at the end where he goes cracks his neck that he just makes him sleep from the choke, then the guy wakes up when the mc is not ready and he reaches to his knife and kills him... people would have bitched that he should of killed him. lets be real he makes all these decisions in seconds as things are happening, we get to think about these for days to find a better way to do it.. ofcourse things could of gone better but at the end of the day he is there to keep them 2 safe and they are a lot safer with that geezer dead. he is there to make decisions that keep them safe, not to be a pussy.

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
Interesting VN. I think I played it around chapter 5 and lost track of it. I don't mind the lack of lewd content, as a compelling story line Is the sort of thing I like a lot. Based on comments I have read, it would seem like the next update is a while away, and I'm good with that too.
I like the models as well. I will be back to play more updates.
Here's wishing the Dev good health and creativity, not to mention a metal umbrella to fend off any ill conceived criticism. Cogent criticism is certainly welcome though.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
In this matter. MC had the knife that Carter tried to kill them with. MC could have called the FBI agent if he didn1t want to call the police. With that knife, they would find out that carter had already murdered someone. So it would be hard for Carter to get away from that even if he wanted to.

I see so many ways it could have been written without making MC the murderer.

We also don't know if Carter was corrupt or just a crazy obsessed psycopath about Emma from the past. Maybe he is just a guy who was obsessed by Emma and blame MC and Charlotte for her death. We don't really know the story behind Carter. So far he could not be working for anyone, just a crazy stalker/psycopath who is killing people he thinks had something to do with Emma's death and other people in the middle.

What would be the interest of anyone who pays carter, to have Zac and Emma killed? that would make no sense. He sounded more like a crazy psycopath than a corrupted cop.
ofcourse it can be written so his not a murderer, you have had days to think of this though.. its way more realistic that he did what he did, he had no clue about the zac situation like we do, he only knows what he has seen and whats infront of him. while the dev writes this he knows that the guy is making these decisions in seconds, the decision the mc made goes well with all the info he has at the time and whats happening around him.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
ofcourse it can be written so his not a murderer, you have had days to think of this though.. its way more realistic that he did what he did, he had no clue about the zac situation like we do, he only knows what he has seen and whats infront of him. while the dev writes this he knows that the guy is making these decisions in seconds, the decision the mc made goes well with all the info he has at the time and whats happening around him.
I don't think I could have been any more clearer than I was. Everything I wrote, I wrote with MC having no idea about Zac being murdered. That wouldn't change the outcome of what he did. But if he decided to do things the right way, he is an experienced ex military after all and have been a bodyguard for at least 18 years (Emma's age). If he decided to do things the right way it would have worked out for him in the end. Because Carter would already have a body count on his back. And Zac wasn't just anyone he killed. Zac was a Movie Star.

A guy with his experience, making decisions in seconds, deciding to kill someone, he knows exactly what he is doing. It is different than you and me. We are here talking as if the decisions an ex military experienced bodyguard makes in seconds is the same as decisions we'd make in seconds. That is totally different.

And well he knew that Emma was there yet. He kind of killed the guy in front of her. He didn't know Charlotte was hoding Emma against of what was happening and Emma wasn't actually looking.

It won't change anything that has been written. I just think this one part of the story could've been different. I don't even care that Carter is dead, I just don't see with good eyes the way it was shown he killing carter in front of Charlotte.

Reactions: operamini

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Just remember, guys:

everytime a dude comes in this thread and asks for a harem path/ending / whether Hillside is a harem game, a fluffy kitten dies.

Let's save fluffy kittens. Let's fight the harem dudes.

Remember: Emma is the fluffiest kitten of all. Let's save Emma: I-want-every-game-turns-into-harem dudes must be silenced.
You can already see the harem horde on the horizon...

We should act fast and add your post to OP, we must save the fluffy kittens :cool:

nah, he killed zak and he was threatening to kill emma and tried to kill mc so no court will sentence mc, mc just saved big bucks on govt by killing him.
Hmm i don't know, Hillside seems to be very corrupt but you might be right (also like some here already said, it would have been good if we the player had a choice to kill or spare Carter, it could open even new story paths) and i totally forgot about that fbi agent. Maybe things take a twist here and agent Fox (agent Fox hehehe :sneaky:) will blackmail MC to "help" the fbi take down that "whats his name fat scum" and Jason the lowlife.

Oh the plot thickens... DB you sneaky little- hehehe now i'm even more exited for the future of Hillside :giggle:

roam;)

Jul 29, 2020
Hello, does any of the Android user know where the official android version saves are stored i mean the location, because when given access for storage still cannot find the saves.... please help
Thankyou

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I don't think I could have been any more clearer than I was. Everything I wrote, I wrote with MC having no idea about Zac being murdered. That wouldn't change the outcome of what he did. But if he decided to do things the right way, he is an experienced ex military after all and have been a bodyguard for at least 18 years (Emma's age). If he decided to do things the right way it would have worked out for him in the end. Because Carter would already have a body count on his back. And Zac wasn't just anyone he killed. Zac was a Movie Star.

A guy with his experience, making decisions in seconds, deciding to kill someone, he knows exactly what he is doing. It is different than you and me. We are here talking as if the decisions an ex military experienced bodyguard makes in seconds is the same as decisions we'd make in seconds. That is totally different.

And well he knew that Emma was there yet. He kind of killed the guy in front of her. He didn't know Charlotte was hoding Emma against of what was happening and Emma wasn't actually looking.

It won't change anything that has been written. I just think this one part of the story could've been different. I don't even care that Carter is dead, I just don't see with good eyes the way it was shown he killing carter in front of Charlotte.
Let's add that Emma, MC and Charlotte still don't know that Carter killed Zak. Now, what's going to happen next? My guess is that MC is going to call the FBI agent.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

D9074

Feb 21, 2021

you wrote it as if he doesnt know about zac but you say how he would of been ok if he did because of zac, end of the day the mc didnt know that so when talking about his choice the zac thing is irrelevant... sure its very easy to look from the outside when you know to say that he had the knife that killed zac but that still plays 0 part in the mcs choice.

I am not saying that we would make better decisions in a few seconds than a ex millitary, all i said was HE has seconds to chose what he would do, we have days after to think of every situation with everything that happened.

i still stand by that him not shooting, trying to take him down and disarm him was the best way, he then decided after listening to the guy shouting gibberish, not answering questions and realising that he will never stop being a threat to kill him. the police are corrupt there, idk if he would get away with it or be in jail for a long time, sure we could go to the fbi woman but even she could be wrote in as someone that is corrupt and helping them all.. i dont think she is but she could be..

the guy tried to cut emmas throat down a alley, told them he would kill the mc and chop charlotte into pieces... its about time one of the people that fucked with their family got what was coming to them. Charlotte has seen a hell of a lot she didnt even look shocked when he killed the guy, she just looked worried of what would happen to the mc.. I am fine with him killing him at the end, i would of been fine with him knocking him out until they could get police or whatever there. but i wouldnt of been surprised if the police they called ended up being corrupt and then something bad happened to them. Last thing i thought id need to defend on this game is when the mc finally kills one of the people that fucked with them, everyone here has been wanting that to happen and when it does people start wishing it didnt.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Just been reading some of the comments and I guess I'm in the minority but I was ecstatic to see my boy has a little Dexter in him.

Spidey56

Jul 13, 2019
It is a really good game but, God... I'm sorry but Emma is just so dumb and one dimensioned, I am not interested in her at all. But the MC, Charlotte, other girls and the story is good indeed.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Only choice when fighting a weappon wielding assailant who would not give up and maintains
threats and keeps coming. MC thoughts are to stop the threat, because it is a kill or be killed situation,
it is still self deffense, not killing - fighting for your life is not killing after countless attempts to fight back.
Killer never falters, never runs away, never surrenders, killer keeps going.
He was disarmed, restrained and held in a choke hold. The MC has military training and wasn't about to lose control of the situation. He was not in mortal danger and had the power in the confrontation. Cracking his neck was an informed decision. It was manslaughter at best, murder at worst. There is no way to legally or morally claim self defense at that point.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Which one? The scream movie like killing of the rapist manwhore or the fact MC was not killed in a seedy alley along with his girls?
Welp, can't say I was particularly happy with that ending, but I guess we'll see where it goes.
He was disarmed, restrained and held in a choke hold. The MC has military training and wasn't about to lose control of the situation. He was not in mortal danger and had the power in the confrontation. Cracking his neck was an informed decision. It was manslaughter at best, murder at worst. There is no way to legally or morally claim self defense at that point.
Split second decisions about a guy wielding a knife who just promissed to kill you and your girls.
What informed consent? To let go and get gutted? The fact MC can think about his actions does not mean
he is in control. Letting go would mean releasing control to someone who promissed not only to kill him,
but also his girls. He cannot let go until the threat is gone.
That threat is never gone until MC wins the struggle.
Watch any boxing/wrestling/MMa fight. You tap out or you get knocked out/saved by the refferee.
This is MMa -street brawl where you are unarmed and a guy with a knife does not tap out:
- you either lose consciousness and he kills you or you get pummelled to the dirt - watch him kill you.
That under the eyes of the cheering crowd.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Just remember, guys:

everytime a dude comes in this thread and asks for a harem path/ending / whether Hillside is a harem game, a fluffy kitten dies.

Let's save fluffy kittens. Let's fight the harem dudes.

Remember: Emma is the fluffiest kitten of all. Let's save Emma: I-want-every-game-turns-into-harem dudes must be silenced.
Thanks for sharing your opinion whether we wanted/asked for it or not. Guilt tripping harem lovers with fluffy kittens is not cool.

Since you gave us your opinion here's mine: ALL adult VN games should be harems! It's the only way.

....just joking. Or am I?

• Love
Reactions: EJW
Jun 29, 2017
Which one? The scream movie like killing of the rapist manwhore or the fact MC was not killed in a seedy alley along with his girls?

Split second decisions about a guy wielding a knife who just promissed to kill you and your girls.
What informed consent? To let go and get gutted? The fact MC can think about his actions does not mean
he is in control. Letting go would mean releasing control to someone who promissed not only to kill him,
but also his girls. He cannot let go until the threat is gone. That threat is never gone until MC wins the struggle.
No one is saying "letting go", my dude.
MC is clearly skilled enough to subdue him, and call the FBI agent who is obviously already onto something.

Side note: He wrote "informed decision", not "consent", meaning it was a conscious choice, as evidenced when MC says: "I can't let him live! Charlotte and Emma need closure! They need to know they're safe from this psycho!!". Now, he was obviously angry, but not "blinded by rage", I'd say.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is not about MC running away.The threat was real and actual and ongoing towards his girls.
MC got a momentary upperhand. The guy never let go. The guy ANOUNCED HE WOULD KILL MC!!!
That means FIGHT TO THE DEATH - THE GUY KNEW IT GOING IN, MC KNEW IT GOING IN.

No one is saying "letting go", my dude.
MC is clearly skilled enough to subdue him, and call the FBI agent who is obviously already onto something.
tHAT IS KILL OR BE KILLED. tHERE IS NO LETTING GO. MC was fighting for his life and thOSE of HIS girls.

• Haha
Reactions: operamini
Jun 29, 2017
This is not about MC running away.The threat was real and actual and ongoing towards his girls.
MC got a momentary upperhand. The guy never let go. The guy ANOUNCED HE WOULD KILL MC!!!
That means FIGHT TO THE DEATH - THE GUY KNEW IT GOING IN, MC KNEW IT GOING IN.

tHAT IS KILL OR BE KILLED. tHERE IS NO LETTING GO. MC was fighting for his life and thOSE of HIS girls.
Your point doesn't come across any better just because you hold shift/press caps lock. ;)
And, again, the MC is clearly skilled enough to handle the situation without murder. It would've been very "easy" to stage and write the scene where it would've been absolutly necessary to kill Carter. And this wasn't it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The fact you seem to sit in your confy chair and act high and mighty about self deffense,
when the MC was not only himself but also deffenseless girls being very much about to be gutted,
proves why policing never works in many parts of the US, or anywhere else in the world.

MC was not about to turn his back and walk casually with the girls,
MC was not fighting for his life only, he was fighting for those of his girls also.

You must be watching too much superman and think having skills against a knife wielding killer
who has just killed before and promissed to gut you and then gut your girls can ever
mean MC act like a police officer. He is not a police officer. He is a citizen in a one sided fight
with a knife wielding assailant who never surrendered.

Jun 29, 2017
The fact you seem to sit in your confy chair and act high and mighty about self deffence,
when the MC was not only himself but also deffenseless girls being very much about to be gutted,
proves why policing never works in many parts of the US, or anywhere else in the world.

MC was not fighting for his life only, he was fighting for those of his girls also.

You must be watching too much superman and think having skills against a knife wielding killer
who has just killed before and promissed to gut you and then gut your girls can ever
mean MC act like a police officer. He is not a police officer. He is a citizen in a one sided fight
Did you even play the game? Carter was disarmed, you rationale here makes no sense. You, literally up to the point of the snap, saw how easily MC disarmed and took down Carter.
This isn't about US politics or the US police, and for reference, I am not American (thankfully).

Talking about comfy chairs, it does seem like you should get off yours once in a while, and do something else. Have a good one. ;)

Reactions: Strykker

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The fact you seem to sit in your confy chair and act high and mighty about self deffense,

Since Hillside is so corrupt what is to say that even if the MC didn't kill Carter and handed him in to the authorities instead there is still a chance that Carter could of got away with it.
Only sure way to make sure that Carter never has another opportunity to hurt Charlotte/Emma ever again was to kill him.
We don't know how high the corruption goes

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 266 Votes