4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
please use spoilers next time. you kinda ruined it for me
I just avoided this thread until I played it. This happens after release, people play it and the naturally comment about it. When you see several pages of comments than you know something was released. First thing I did was to check page 1 for a new release, downloaded it and avoided the conversations in here until I played it. Easy. Try doing that next time (not always easy, I know, but saves you from spoiling it). Cheers.

Aug 13, 2018
Controversial Opinion Drop:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wish the dev team all the best. I hope you fulfill your goals. I'll make sure to never play anything else of yours.

Peace :(
Thank you Fat Giant, I feel the same way. I have quit too many VN's for the same reason. I know it isn't a Harem game, but to make us have to make the hard choice, nope not gonna do it. I will more than likely move this one out and not play again, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
Sorry to the Dev, but I'm out as well.
Best of luck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Aight now I'm definitely curious why I didn't see this since I'm not on anyone else's route.
I'm the same. I didn't see a choice at that point at all. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing much of ANY choices? :unsure:

I liked it, but it did feel more like a kinetic novel. Perhaps that's why there's a 2.02?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well I have very mixed feelings about it...

I love all the scenes in the police and the FBI things... HillsideVN this is the way to go IMHO!!!

Obviously I love all the Emma scenes. I just really thing the whole thing with Charlotte still doubting MC feels absurd. PLEASE NO MORE, GUY IS FUCKING SAINT.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Obviously I love all the Emma scenes. I just really thing the whole thing with Charlotte still doubting MC feels absurd. PLEASE NO MORE, GUY IS FUCKING SAINT.
This was also something that annoyed me, the only thing that annoyed me. I mean, he just saved her daughter's life and she's upset because he killed the maniac? This just didn't even feel remotely realistic. Especially when it comes to a mother and her children, there's no way she would be wishing the maniac had somehow lived. And then all the doubts as you said are simply absurd.

Nullfreak

Mar 15, 2021
Fuckkkk someone needs to take this over I can't wait to see the rest of this story! It's sooo good I swear I'm going to sleep with Charlotte if it's the last thing I ever do! I have rejected all other routes I have not gotten any action I am focused on my mission!

What a cliffhanger! Come on chapter 13+ no way I'm going to be able to wait 4+ months and creator taking break!!!! What am I going to do????

charlesrich

May 30, 2021
Fuckkkk someone needs to take this over I can't wait to see the rest of this story! It's sooo good I swear I'm going to sleep with Charlotte if it's the last thing I ever do! I have rejected all other routes I have not gotten any action I am focused on my mission!

What a cliffhanger! Come on chapter 13+ no way I'm going to be able to wait 4+ months and creator taking break!!!! What am I going to do????
I mean, people piling on to the developer is probably part of what got them to this point to begin with. Would you rather wait and appreciate someone who is working on something most people don't pay anything for or try to get them to work harder and burn out resulting in just another game not getting completed. This isn't an Icstor situation where the dev is stringing people along or one where they start over and over to "refine" things. Even BaD takes months for an update and they make bank and do it as their job.

Reactions: Chronos169

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This was also something that annoyed me, the only thing that annoyed me. I mean, he just saved her daughter's life and she's upset because he killed the maniac? This just didn't even feel remotely realistic. Especially when it comes to a mother and her children, there's no way she would be wishing the maniac had somehow lived. And then all the doubts as you said are simply absurd.
While I agree with you and the other guy that Charlotte should not be upset at MC, I think the logical reasoning is not that the bad guy died, but more that Charlotte witnessing a murder right in front of her eyes. Not only that witnessing a murder is hard for normal people, but it's also confronting that you see someone you know effortlessly kill a person.

Ultimately, there's a very big difference between "wishing a bad guy to die" and "I just saw someone I know kill a bad guy right in front of me". And to the dev's credit, it was explained rather well how Charlotte got over it once Lucy talked some sense to her about how killing the bad guy guarantees the safety of Emma.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
While I agree with you and the other guy that Charlotte should not be upset at MC, I think the logical reasoning is not that the bad guy died, but more that Charlotte witnessing a murder right in front of her eyes. Not only that witnessing a murder is hard for normal people, but it's also confronting that you see someone you know effortlessly kill a person.

Ultimately, there's a very big difference between "wishing a bad guy to die" and "I just saw someone I know kill a bad guy right in front of me". And to the dev's credit, it was explained rather well how Charlotte got over it once Lucy talked some sense to her about how killing the bad guy guarantees the safety of Emma.
It's only "murder" when you kill an innocent person. This was not murder. And while it would be traumatizing to witness, there is no way in hell she would distrust him when he just prevented her daughter from being killed... just no way. I think the dev is over analyzing it or something.

Think about it, he has her little girl... he's about to kill her or do serious harm... the body guard you hired to protect her, jumps in, does his job and saves her life, you're little girl is safe from harm and your first thoughts are... "he killed a man, I don't trust him!"?! That's insane and makes no sense. If anything she would run into his arms, in tears hugging him and thanking him along with being SO RELIEVED she hired him in the first place.

I love the game, and loved this episode, but I had to agree, that particular dialog was absolutely absurd and made zero sense.

doodle27

Feb 16, 2020
Having the same issue as DarkAce_143 with the Android package not installing (grabbed from Mega & Anonfile), also says its v0.11 once you try to install it.
Filename is v0.12 though

Last edited:
Reactions: jneale21

albul

Jun 8, 2017
I think there is a mistake in the logic for Charlotte's path. Throughout this update, there's a bunch of dialogue that comes up only if you were on both Charlotte's path and Lucy's and turned Lucy down at this point:
1.png
If you reject Lucy at this point mom_choice_04 is set to 1, but not if you turned Lucy down in the earlier updates. 2.png
This dialogue comes up only if you rejected Lucy in this update. So looking at the code, if you don't get the choice to reject Lucy in this update, then you are basically no longer on Charlotte's path. 3.png
For example, Charlotte's attitude changes if you made that choice to reject Lucy this update (but if you didn't get the option to choose, then it's assumed mom_choice_04 is 0, so false):
4.png

I doubt this is intentional, it just looks like faulty logic to me. If you rejected Lucy in the past updates, that shouldn't put you off Charlotte's path this update. I don't know if the dev cares to fix it at this point, but maybe somebody can pass this info to him.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
The Dev wants to write a romance mixed with police themes, happening in Hollywood with glamurous people with sex, money and power as a backdrop.
Compared to most VNs here it's deeper(it doesn't take much let's be honest), compared to an actual police romance/novel it's begginer level being generous.

He cares little about sex itself other than how powerful people manipulate and flex their power to get it.
Perfectly exemplified in the Kaylah sex scene, which feels like an afterthought rather than something hot and tittilating.
Problem with this title, it needs to be written by someone else and here's very small example:
Offline/In person, a woman who's experienced trauma half as much as Charlotte.
Highly unlikely she would Ever allow Emma to consider being a part of the industry.

Let alone, date Zach(Ever) without examining so far up his ass..she see's what he ate months ago.
Parents on 'Alert', Even Much More so.
Know the industry, know parents(VERY Small example).

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes